Jeep Engine Question, Please Help!

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Gentlemen,

The reply from DinoStroker is professional and complete, and I would personally follow his recommendations.

All the best.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

khaiwi wrote:Gentlemen,

The reply from DinoStroker is professional and complete, and I would personally follow his recommendations.

All the best.

Yes thats true,
Dinos statements are always excellent and show his profound knowledge.

@Khaldoun, do it as Dino said and i believe you will have a lot of fun with your silver baby in future ( even you do not Stroker it ) :roll:

@Dino, sorry i forget to answer your PN.
Maybe i will drop by next week in Al Ain with my new ride ( check in carz forum )
Image <br><br>Image<br>

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

I got new head today, thanks to chuck for giving me George number, the problem with old heads it need lots of modification to do it since i have the ignition system in the 2000 model is different than previous models it block coils not spark plugs wires, so the head have brackets that is not available in the older models and i an not sure if it can be done.

I bought new engine today but after delivary it was not the same, few differences here and there so i returned it :cry: to be honest with you it was very clean that i really liked the idea to change the engine wit hvery clean one and get over but now since ifound clean head i will get it skimmed and install new head gasket i hope it will do the work.

Also since i have new radiator 2 months ago and water pump 6 months ago and thermostate 6 months ago and hoses 2 months ago, the only thing lift that can casue overheating is the fan, so i also replaced the fan clutch with new one to be sure that every thing is shap.

Diver let me know if you need any help, because this head 2000 or higher it is hard to find.
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

XJ wrote:
Diver let me know if you need any help, because this head 2000 or higher it is hard to find.
Thanks Khaldoun, Will sure let you know. I should hear a word from the mechanic tomorrow or after tomorrow. Hope it's not something big.

Thanks again man.
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

Khaldoun, good luck with your new head. I hope that one lasts, especially if it came off another 2000 model. I know other Jeepers who've used the older head on their 2000-2001 XJ's but they fabricated mounting brackets for the coil rail and used the valve cover bolts to hold them in place. The older heads dont have the coil rail mounting bosses but that problem can be overcome fairly easily.

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

XJ: What happened atlast.. hope you managed to solve the problem.. can you please share the experience..
Member #210 twoseaterwoopseater

"Take Part in Life"

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

vikramd wrote:XJ: What happened atlast.. hope you managed to solve the problem.. can you please share the experience..
Yes Vikram, I got missed up with heat problem and I end up changing the engine, so far so good but I still did not test it in the desert yet, so the big test when i try it offroad.
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

XJ wrote:
vikramd wrote:XJ: What happened atlast.. hope you managed to solve the problem.. can you please share the experience..
Yes Vikram, I got missed up with heat problem and I end up changing the engine, so far so good but I still did not test it in the desert yet, so the big test when i try it offroad.
do you need to declare it in muroor?? how does this work when you change the engine.. what happens to the engine no on the reg card..?

"Take Part in Life"

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

vikramd wrote:
XJ wrote:
do you need to declare it in muroor?? how does this work when you change the engine.. what happens to the engine no on the reg card..?
No need to declair it in muroor, thats what they told me. you just change it and drive no body ask you a question.
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

XJ wrote:
vikramd wrote:
XJ wrote: Yes Vikram, I got missed up with heat problem and I end up changing the engine, so far so good but I still did not test it in the desert yet, so the big test when i try it offroad.
No need to declair it in muroor, thats what they told me. you just change it and drive no body ask you a question.
but your registration card has the engine number on it, so when you renew it then what happens??

"Take Part in Life"

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

In the Jeep there is no engine number. therefore , you dont need to tell them about it.

but normaly when you change the engine with simmeler one all what they need is letter from the garage indicating the new engine number
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.