I want to Install the Lift Kit

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
WildFire

Post by WildFire »

halwa wrote:Hey Vikramd, I dont think you should fiddle with the LC. The car is still brand new and with the amount you are going to have to spend on the mods you may aswell buy a cheap second hand toy to play in the desert. Like the guys said you are going to loose your warranty and re-sell. :badidea:
I agree with you HALWA .... I have a LC my self but, I didnt thought of instaling mods.
Its kept for mass transportation purpose, and I have my TOY as well.

the final desition is yours :wink:
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

Hi Vikramd,

i agree that if you fit anything different on the vehicle, i.e. not from toyota they will void your warrenty, if your going to change you must do 1 of 2 things: either 1. ask them to put in writting that it will not void your warrenty, or 2 every time you take your car for a service remove the lift and fit the old ones back.

sorry not much of a choice is it, or there is an option 3, buy a cheap Jeep for around 10-15,000 and drive it like you stole it! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

Vikramd in a jeep....thats not so easy... he'll have to take back everything he said about Jeeps and jeepers.

Do you really need the warranty?
How much time/Kilometers is left on it?

Toyotas are well built anyways. Whatever you would have paid each half/full service in the remaining time would go towards much cheaper services at Doc's (under 500 Dirhams) + whatever else might go wrong for the remaining time.

Dealerships are just milking you. and they never do everything you complain of. sometimes you get the car back worst than b4.

I think you should go for the Lift.
2000 Patrol 4.5 Auto Petrol - Old Man EMU 2" Lift + 2" Body Lift - 15mm Radius Arm Spacer - ARB Lockers Front & Rear - 4.6 Diff Gears - Mickey Thompson MTZs 315/75/16 - IPF 900XS Lights - Garmin 276C.

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

I think that i will wait till the 10k service(right now it has done 6k) and go for the lift.. :lol:

btw- doc i like your new avtar :lol:
Member #210 twoseaterwoopseater

"Take Part in Life"

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

got a call from ARB; they have received new stocks.. springs are available now :lol:

i am so itchy to go for the lift :twisted:

btw - hv already done 8k kms.. waiting for the 10k service and then install the lift. :lol:
Member #210 twoseaterwoopseater

"Take Part in Life"