Differentials on the way out...

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Tarkers

Differentials on the way out...

Post by Tarkers »

hi guys, hope you all enjoying the summer heat. Just had the wrangler back from a service and looks like the diff is getting ready to break so thinking about changing it out for lockers as the costs seem about the same. I have no preference for air or manual, to be honest, manual sounds like a lot less to go wrong and I don't think this is something that I will use too often (although when I have them, maybe I will)

Any advice on which sort to buy, which brand and where to get the work done? Although I am in Dubai I don't mind a trip to Abu Dhabi to drop the car off if service is better.

Over to you all!

Nick

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Hi Terkers, we didn't see you for a long time ...

There is something that I need to clear first ... Lockers are not a replacement of diffs. Lockers are an option that you add to a jeep diff. So first you need to change the diff then add lockers ... I have the ARB lockers ... They always break and there is always air leak ... Khiwi have the OX Manula which I think are great ...
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Tarkers

Post by Tarkers »

Thanks Iguana, good to hear from you, there goes my plan for saving money! better to realise now then later