Post by Chuck »

Jo wrote:Hi all Jeepers,

What is the best for a Cherokee? What are the Top or Flop of:

1. http://upload9.postimage.org/9681/photo_hosting.html

2. ARB Air Lockers

Guys, this is a serious question 8)

:hat:
Hi Jo,
the Dana 35 is a C-Clip Axle which is quite a common Jeep Axle but has in the first place nothing to do with an Air Locker.

The Dana 35 is available as 27 and 30 spline and also Air Lockers are available.

I found something ( but in german ) http://www.bluegerbil.de/mods/ford88swap.htm
Last edited by Chuck on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image <br><br>Image<br>

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Great, this happens if you try to help.... and you have no idea what you are talking about (sounds like my standard day at work :wink: )

OK, the problem is following:

domanda tecnica:
Ho qualche picciolo da spendere per il Cherokee e sono indeciso su 2 probabili acquisti:
1) Blocco Differenziale pneumatico ARB per finirla una volta per tutte di affrontare gli ostacoli di potenza (a proposito ho letto che il mio ponte DANA 35c e' dotato di un autoblocco al 50% ...sinceramente non conosco le prestazioni di questo meccanismo...ne sapete qualcosa?)
2) Biscottini dinamici da applicare alle 2 balestre posteriori. Come ben saprete questi aggeggi permettono una escursione dignitosa del ponte posteriore facendo rimanere attaccate al terreno le ruote i condizione di twist ...praticamente simile a quello delle molle elicoidali.

Avete suggerimenti su quale acquistare prima?

So, can you help?

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

I'm not expert on this but, my idea was ARB lockers are better because they have a dealer in AUH and therefore , if one locker got dameaged I'll be able to get another one easely.
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Jo wrote:Great, this happens if you try to help.... and you have no idea what you are talking about (sounds like my standard day at work :wink: )

OK, the problem is following:

domanda tecnica:
Ho qualche picciolo da spendere per il Cherokee e sono indeciso su 2 probabili acquisti:
1) Blocco Differenziale pneumatico ARB per finirla una volta per tutte di affrontare gli ostacoli di potenza (a proposito ho letto che il mio ponte DANA 35c e' dotato di un autoblocco al 50% ...sinceramente non conosco le prestazioni di questo meccanismo...ne sapete qualcosa?)
2) Biscottini dinamici da applicare alle 2 balestre posteriori. Come ben saprete questi aggeggi permettono una escursione dignitosa del ponte posteriore facendo rimanere attaccate al terreno le ruote i condizione di twist ...praticamente simile a quello delle molle elicoidali.

Avete suggerimenti su quale acquistare prima?

So, can you help?

Parlare Italiano ? :wink:

Ok, it seems that somebody wants to put an ARB Air Locker at the Front and Rear Axle of his / her Cherokee and the car has a Dana 35 c ( which stands for C -Clip ).

If the car is really used for offroad ( mud.... ) a Locker will help a lot. But also it has to clear that Lockers ONroad DO NOT seperate completly which means that they can get damaged after a while when drove onroad only. I do not have or had Lockers, thats what i heard from others about that subject.

Check www.jeepforum.com for more infos.

For example http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=430269
Image <br><br>Image<br>

iremy
Advanced
Advanced

Post by iremy »

Jo:

I have locker in my patro and the jeep, ARB are expensive but are about the best money can buy, when they are in off position is lake any other differential best use for hard, lots of traction kind of surface, when on are fully locked and good for surfaces when is likelly that traction will be lost (open diff are torque sensitive=same torque to both tires regardless of the speed), loked diff will send same power to both tires (same torque and rpm).

In my jeep's dana 35 I snap the rear shaft (from diff to wheel) using the rear loker and 33" tire, this means be carefull when using them, the shaft is less that an inch for the Dana 35 (0.75" if my memory don't fail me) compare with the patrol's 1.5" in diameter.