streering

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
WildFire

streering

Post by WildFire »

This is too late but, better late than never :lol:

After installing the lift kit I've noticed that the steering response of my TJ was not as good as before.

Example:
When driving on unpaved road or trying to go on a previous route and trying to steer (left or right) you feel that the car keeps on going strait till you steer for something like 1/4 round and then it will jump to the direction you choose.

Further more, when steering (car is completely stopped) I hear clicking sounds.
I've tried other 4WDs but, did not face this feeling before and I don’t know if it is normal with lifted Jeeps or some thing is wrong with steering stabilizer :dontknow: .

Any :idea: :newidea:
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

did u change the steering stabilizer? well usually its because of the tyres also.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

As you know it is a Wild Fire ..... therefore, I used the previous stabilizer with the new lift kit..
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.