Nissan Patrol 4.5 2000 Mods

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Nissan Patrol 4.5 2000 Mods

Post by G-man »

Hi ya everyone. Payday is just around the corner. I need some advice on what I can upgrade in my car and where I can get it done properly in Abu Dhabi.

I've read all the threads on modding but most of it is for little plastic toy (':lol:') not much for us big boys. I need vehicle specific advice.

What I Think I need is:

1- 4" lift Kit (Heavy duty). ARB or Rancho? Any other brands/size you've used/seen on a patrol pls recommend and why.

2- Air Intake. K&N seems to be on everyone's mind, but which models. there's so many I'm not sure what to get. Naturally I want to
get the cream of the crop but thats not necessarily the smartest move.

3- Tires. what brands and sizes would you recommend to make use of the LIFT and to cover most of the clubs Activities.

4- Any engine mods You would recommend. without the risk of destroying the block.

*** Any other Ideas.

*** Do I need Air Lockers or is stock OK. (I don't even know what I have)

*** With the Lift and bigger tires, do I need to make any changes to the gearbox ratios. or anywhere else.

*** Is there any one place that can do all of the above

*** Is it worth it to order online, and where to have it installed.

Many thanks Guys
G-man :lol:
Last edited by G-man on Wed May 30, 2007 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

The best guy who can advice you in this is Ivan (Nick name Iremy) he have the same car fully modified.

What I suggest is OME lift, BFGoodrich A/T tires, K&N Filter (check their website), borla cat back (if you don't mind the noise), Airaid throttle body spacer (for low RPM torque)

After the lift and bigger tires you will need to change your Diff ratios (Don;t know which ratio for patrol). I don't know what will be the Transfer case angle after the lift in the Patrol.

ARB lockers will do a good job.

ARB bumpers ofcourse

Thats over 20,000 Dirhams of Mods ...so you need to convince the wife or pay us to shut up and say you only changed the tires for 2000 because they were old :lol: :lol: :lol:
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

adiga
Deputy Chairman & Co founder
Deputy Chairman & Co founder

Re: Nissan Patrol 4.5 2000 Mods

Post by adiga »

G-man wrote: What I Think I need is:
1- 4" lift Kit (Heavy duty). ARB or Rancho? Any other brands/size you've used/seen on a patrol pls recommend and why.
Many thanks Guys
4" of lift on the Patrols, playing in Musaffah? IT'S NOT ALOWED ! coz the Airport is very close ! :lol:
“Do for this life as if you live forever,
do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow”

TheNig
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by TheNig »

adiga wrote:
Many thanks Guys
4" of lift on the Patrols, playing in Musaffah? IT'S NOT ALOWED ! coz the Airport is very close ! :lol:
Image Image Image
Nissan Patrol 4.8, OME 2" Lift, Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip 33x12.5 Tyres, ARB Roof Rack, Safari Snorkel, K&N Air Filter, Garmin 276c, IPF Lights (Lots) - sometimes for me to see where I'm going, mostly to tell others I'm coming!!

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

Post by FearUAE »

adiga wrote:
Many thanks Guys
Coool One !

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

Ok OK...settle down boys... man after I broke my car following Megamoe around cresting... and ripping out my back bumpers...again.
just had enough... going out with a bang this time... hell with the Lift Kit and new tires, I'll probably end up installing red flashers so pilots can see me as they land.

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

ome is ok , king coils are better with koni shocks.dobinsons are really good too.
u can get away with a 2" lift on SWB and 4" lift on LWB before u have to start doing any bigtime mods to driveline , etc.
do some research on patrol4x4.com/forum
2-3 inch lift with 305 cooper ATR's or something similar should be more than enough.that way your top speed doesnt drop too much if u dont want to re-gear.
front bumper's approach angle is great , personally wouldnt change that on a GU unless its for looks , rear can rip off , i'd jst change the 2 plastic side bits.
MOCA make really nice replacements.
i've only been stuck a few times where the difflock has really helped with the huge lwb...stuck towing the trailer , sunk in really soft sand in liwa , stuck out at night by myself...other than that , a tow rope and a friend is cheaper.

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

I have a 2" OME lift with OME shocks, slapped 285/75R16 BFGoodrich tires and front side skid plate protecting the radiator and few parts.... Thats all I did on my LWB Patrol and so much satisfied with the performance. She took me to Liwa and many other places.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

G-man
Advanced
Advanced

Post by G-man »

Thanks for the very helpful advice guys....lots of intel to digest. This is a very steep learning curve, considering that this is my first proper Mod of any car. I just hope I learn from your relative experiences and avoid silly newbie mistakes.

Those cars are works of art khaiwi. you wana swap.':lol:'.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Hey Khaiwi, did you paint the Patrol blue and modify it into a 2 doors Range Rover look alike? 8O 8O
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

iguana wrote:Hey Khaiwi, did you paint the Patrol blue and modify it into a 2 doors Range Rover look alike? 8O 8O
hehehehehehe, That Rover thing was to give a smile to Doc, Joe and other Rover lovers. My Patrol is something I will not up that easily.