Require Help for lifting Wrangler Sport 2007 to 3 inches

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
HUSAM

Require Help for lifting Wrangler Sport 2007 to 3 inches

Post by HUSAM »

Dear Memeber... Let me say hello first as I have joined your group today and look forward in goin out for some sand blasts on the next events...

I bought a Jeep Wrangler Sport 2007 Manual gear and want to lift it. At first I was told by some random garage that I only needed 4" springs to lift it and fit a 33 size tires.

Doing further research, that wouldnt be a smart choice... I looked at 6" lifts but thats too high for a freshman :)

I settled for a 3" with 33 size tires... Need help in whats the best suspention kit is for teh 2007 wrangler and a 3" lift.... Alothough my hands still itch to get it up to 6" right away but it seems that it would be more costly for other major adjustments as well...

Anyhow.. would love your feedbacks and expertise on this and maybe some referals on where to get the parts.

my email at work is husams@fusiondistribution.com

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

Welcome to the club Hussam, please join us 4th of may to AD4x4 club anniversarry party in Shwiehan to meet all members, looking forward to see you on sand.
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Yeh man
Welocme to the club and join us on friday. You will be to see all these lifted Jeeps and will give you good idea.

Mean while search in our web site.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Miro
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Miro »

Welcome Hussam to the club,

First of all, congrats on your new rig and we guarantee you'll have sand blaasssts all the way Bro..

NOW FOR YOUR MODS, I'll tell you something, why don't you try your rig for a while then go for mods, 6" lift is way tooo high, amazing for Rock crawling though, but for Dune Bashing, Side SLOPING, and I mean agressive ones, you really need stability more than clearance, For UAE offroading, 3 inch with 33s is the perfect combination, I guess, But you'd have to go for more mods as with the 33s you're gonna loose some of the car's power which shall be compensated with Ring and Pinions, I'm not mr. expert here, i'm just trying to help you out with my tiny experience :wink: if you need any help feel free to contact me 050 313 6069 and i'll hook you up wih some nice people like Emiliooooooooo

What I would really suggest is to call our Jeep Guru, The one and only Emilk4, or else Emile ,He heavily modified approx 30 wranglers in the emirates and has the potential to tell you exactly what you need to do to have the ULTIMATE MACHINE :twisted: :twisted:

Come on EMILE ANSWER US BACKKKK
Raptor Roush '14, running 37s

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Re: Require Help for lifting Wrangler Sport 2007 to 3 inches

Post by MegaMoe »

HUSAM wrote:Dear Memeber... Let me say hello first as I have joined your group today and look forward in goin out for some sand blasts on the next events...

I bought a Jeep Wrangler Sport 2007 Manual gear and want to lift it. At first I was told by some random garage that I only needed 4" springs to lift it and fit a 33 size tires.

Doing further research, that wouldnt be a smart choice... I looked at 6" lifts but thats too high for a freshman :)

I settled for a 3" with 33 size tires... Need help in whats the best suspention kit is for teh 2007 wrangler and a 3" lift.... Alothough my hands still itch to get it up to 6" right away but it seems that it would be more costly for other major adjustments as well...

Anyhow.. would love your feedbacks and expertise on this and maybe some referals on where to get the parts.

my email at work is husams@fusiondistribution.com
Hi Husan and welcome to the club man, you'll find lots of modified wrangler owners in here. 1st congrats for the wrangler man, its the best u know :twisted: now lets come to facts:

- 2007 wrangler come already with clearance of up 32" tyres. meaning when u add 3" u can actually slap in 35" tyres. now this applies for the 2007 JK not the 1997-2006 TJ models where when u add 3" u can fit 33". so bascially r u willing to loose the warranty and stability of the car already? r u willing to change the ring and pinion and do regearing now? not good. my advice to you is to keep ur wrangler as it is right now, try 1st and see how it goes, for what kind of offroading when do in here which is dune bashing u dont really need much of clearance. so what u can do for now is change the stock 32" tyres -i agreee the stock ones are crap- and slap in 32" M/T and ur wrangler will fly. otherwise if u insist on doing mods u'll have to do the following:

1- 3" lift kit.
2- 35" tyres.
3- R&P (to gain the lost power after the big tyres, you'll have to do this even with the 33")
4- SYE and CV Shaft.
5- You'll have to do this with the dealer to keep the warranty.

cost will be more than 20,000 dhs and thats if u ordered them from the US via www.quadratec.com other wise if u counted on getting the parts from the local market it'll jump over 40,000 dhs.

hope this helped.
Last edited by MegaMoe on Tue May 01, 2007 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Welcome to the club Husam,

WOW you joined so quick and had the attention from many guys already. Anyway, as discussed over the phone, join us next Friday and meet everyone. We will discuss all your technical queries (except for Whales ) hehehehehehehe

See you on Friday.

Cheers,
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

I saw the post so late after everybody answered, so I have no more to add ..

Welcome to the club Hussam .. I am just re-confirming Megamoe's answer ... Try the car first and see what you can do with it .... None of us started to modify the new Wrangler, all our experience is in the TJ & YJ .. But I think a 5" lift will be too high and not recommended .... I know that you can fit a 32" tires without any lifting or any other upgrades on the car, why don;t you do this

See you on Friday
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

welcome husam, I have also joined the club few days back but dont drive a OIIIO

c u on friday :lol:

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

club: whats the plan for friday; where does everyone meet, what time etc.. new comers need help 8)

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

vikramd wrote:club: whats the plan for friday; where does everyone meet, what time etc.. new comers need help 8)
Please use the correct forum to discuss this

http://www.ad4x4.com/modules.php?name=F ... pic&t=1176

Call me on 050 6224377 if you need any help or info
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

HUSAM

Wow... Thats what I call a club

Post by HUSAM »

When a jeep is in need.. all jeeps jump indeed :)

Appreciate all the help and advice and will surely join this Friday and meet up with all... See u all on the 4th... U wont be able to miss my car as it woud be the virgin of them all... :)

Abdulrahman, I was hoping to get the PO from u with a little mud and sand stamped on it...LOL

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Good Luck ,

See you soon :D

Regards,
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Re: Wow... Thats what I call a club

Post by khaiwi »

HUSAM wrote:When a jeep is in need.. all jeeps jump indeed :)

Appreciate all the help and advice and will surely join this Friday and meet up with all... See u all on the 4th... U wont be able to miss my car as it woud be the virgin of them all... :)

Abdulrahman, I was hoping to get the PO from u with a little mud and sand stamped on it...LOL
hehehehehe, BTW forgot to ask you what color did u get?
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

welcome to the club husam, looking forward to meet you this friday.

as for your modification quarry i totally agree with mega's advice. i have a 2005 TJ with 31" all terrain tires and few mods here and there. worked perfectly for me during the learning period and know i know exactly what i need to modify in my car to suit my driving style.

if you still feel like doing some mods to your car you can start with the basics:

Cold air intake
catback
31" or 32"all terrain tiers
perhaps a custom made skidpalte because the ones fitted on the 2007 wrangler are SAD

good luck and congratulations on your wrangler

Ghanem
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ghanem »

welcome Husam and congrts on the new OIIIO
2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2009
2008 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8 Ltr.