Next project ?

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Next project ?

Post by Kris »

Hi guys , been a while.
Sold the YJ , so now planning for my next toy.
I want one of these , was down in Abu Dhabi but the guys were closed for prayers.
This is the medium wheel base 2 door toyota landcruiser - affectionately known as the rub3.
They come with a fiberglass roof , roll cage , slightly longer wheel base than a normal rub3 you find and still shorter wheelbase than a toyota landcruiser pickup - bushanab.
My question is , have any of you guys got any idea how much these babies go for ?
Anyone with connections to Bureimi ?
Found one in Dubai , but that was friggin expensive and out of my league.
There were 2 of these in Abu Dhabi on that Shkh Rashid road i think , where the used cars are.
Any help would be appreciated.

If i cant find this piece of perfection , its either a bushanab or a badrol..(or toying with the idea of a defender pickup with coilsprings in the back & a nice big loud V8 upfront :twisted: )
Jeeps...watch yourselves , Kris wants to play :twisted:

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

:?: Is it 6 or 4 Cylinders ? :?:

If it is 4 Cylinders you will not be able to regester it with a 6 Cylinders engine .... therefore, if it is 4 cylinders I would advice you not to waste you money on it.

I like the Defender idea more :lol:
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

defender
Advanced
Advanced

Post by defender »

is it 4 or 6 cylinder, good question!!!! 8)
is that car 4x4 or only 2 wheel drive??
if it is 4x4 then ok u take it, if not then it well be so expensive to put a 4x4 in it :D :D

ok enough kidding
how u doing there kris??
this car with soft top have the 4500efi online 6 cylinder(i know u know this but it is fo other readers)
it have no AC in (the fibre glass one have AC)
this car in the pic is 2006model with 0 milege the cost is (i saw the same model two time the first time when i asked they told me 77000dhs the second time another man told 82000dhs but i think it is more to the 77k , they dont bring them normally unless they have a n order. this type with the soft top is so standard it is so light and more stable than rub3, i like the size of this car.
the one with fiber class it comes with more options. some of them have a winch in the front and a difflock and auto windows, bluetooth, wooden interior 8) and they are similar price to abu shanab it can reach 110000dhs for the new shape 2007.
u can bring them through special order from al buraimi but they will take time
this what i know, other questions are welcome :D
focus in ur study ya rayal and keep this stuff till u come back :D

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

Thanks ya Saeed!
Appreciate it!

They're not building the fibreglass roof one in the new shape (facelift), which means they're ending production of these ones :cry:
so around 77 for this one , meaning the fibreglass roof with AC , electric windows would be about 87,000 ?
That would be too expensive for harami Kris :wink:

so now either abu shanab or badrol capsula if the price is really that high.

I am concentrating on my studies...today is the weekend , that means its car-time :lol:

Wildfire - like Saeed already said , this one has the 4.5 efi engine , same as the landcruiser GXR.
would i buy a 4 cylinder other than if it were a 2.0 litre with a turbo in a 2 door vitara for bedayer racing? :wink:

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

WildFire wrote::?: Is it 6 or 4 Cylinders ? :?:

If it is 4 Cylinders you will not be able to regester it with a 6 Cylinders engine .... therefore, if it is 4 cylinders I would advice you not to waste you money on it.

I like the Defender idea more :lol:
Why cant you??
there are 4.5 Rub three with 6 cyl. on them.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

mpenzi if the car registered in AD u cannot upgrade the engine unless u got prior permission or veryvery Big Wasta alot of restrictions now these da ys
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Bulldozer wrote:mpenzi if the car registered in AD u cannot upgrade the engine unless u got prior permission or veryvery Big Wasta alot of restrictions now these da ys
How about Dubai, Sharjah or even RAK. are they following the same.
This is important please.

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Yes Sir , all are the same :cry:
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Only in RAK u can do it, I heard that soon they will accept modifications done in approved Garages or repair stations with proper certification

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Okay what happend if your swapping like to like from old one say 6cly to a new version 6 cyl. no upgrades.

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Mpenzi wrote:Okay what happend if your swapping like to like from old one say 6cly to a new version 6 cyl. no upgrades.
I think if it is the same brand then, no problem as far as i know....(replacing a v6 with a v6 from the same manufacturer)... but it is better to ask the traffic deprtment first as they have restrections on any mods to the chasis f the car.

In RAK ... I dont think so, other wise I'll be informed by my friends there..

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

I will come to that bridge very soon. So wait and see.

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Swapping is OK no problem as long u don't change or weld the chassis but u can modify the existing mounting to receive the new engine

Wildfire don't u have BIGGer AVATAR this one is vvvvvvveRY small
Last edited by Bulldozer on Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Bulldozer wrote:Swapping is ok no problem as long u dont change or weld the chassis but u can modify the existing mounting to recieve the new engine
Thanks man, That is a sweeeeeeet news.

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Good Luck Kris ..with the new Project

Bulldozer & Mpenzi my friends: we will be Accused by Hijacking this thread however, i think its a bet related... to continue lets have a new thread