Upper Doors or Second Hand Steel Doors?

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

How about that my Dear

Post by FearUAE »

Bulldozer wrote::twisted: We will be nice and look for the doors for the POOR guy :twisted: , how about that FearUAE
I am shifting from my house these days: so i will be having some spare wooden doors.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Tarkers

Post by Tarkers »

Nice idea Fear, you could be onto something, nice carved wooden doors, certainly make my jeep unique! sort of like the burnished walnut dash in my dayly drive but on the outside, not the inside. Bit like the Jeep equivalent of the Vertu Mobile phone, does exactly what the normal ones do but at ten times the price!

Still, may look more natural then all that chrome and black... do you think I could get a wooden jeep through registration at renewal?

FearUAE
Advanced
Advanced

oooops . . . . . !

Post by FearUAE »

Tarkers wrote:Nice idea Fear, you could be onto something, nice carved wooden doors, certainly make my jeep unique! sort of like the burnished walnut dash in my dayly drive but on the outside, not the inside. Bit like the Jeep equivalent of the Vertu Mobile phone, does exactly what the normal ones do but at ten times the price!

Still, may look more natural then all that chrome and black... do you think I could get a wooden jeep through registration at renewal?
You know my dear Tarker: you made me somehow try to imagine how would it look with the wooden door, the engraved one as well .......coooooool !

Master Iquana: i did not start it. soooorrryyyy ! :(

Tarkers

Post by Tarkers »

OK guys, found two sets, one in the UK and one in the US, the US ones are perfect colour, the UK ones are 10 times cheaper but need painting. Both will take a while to arrive due to shipping but probably easier to get the ones shipped from the UK even though more work required. Will keep you posted.

Tarkers

Post by Tarkers »

looks like a set of doors from the UK, 80 pounds or about AED 500 for a pair of doors. OK so they need a respray and the locks swapping over but otherwise in great condition. Not sure how much shipping would be but at that price, I don't care. Will keep you posted!!

Tarkers

Post by Tarkers »

OK, so the ebay thing didn't happen so gave in and ordered a pair of fibreglass door uppers with sliding glass windows. Arrived today and will be installed before the sun goes down for sure, then will post a picture of the finished article. Expensive for sure but cheeper then new full doors, $839 plus $150 shipping from Quadratec... summer driving here I come...

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Congrats, look forward for the pics.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....