What did you modify in your car?

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
PEPSI

Re: What did you modify in your car?

Post by PEPSI »

I just have my LC GXR 2002 AutoTx. Please share me the Phase 1 modification to improve sand performance. Phase 2 if any, could be at later stage.
Drives a 4Door Black Jeep Wrangler

abu samra
Advanced
Advanced

Post by abu samra »

AFE Dry Air intake ..................... 10/10

steel Skid plate ............... 7/10 dont like the color........... need to paint

Gibson catback..................... 1/10 dont mind the loud noise but i hate the quality of the noise

After removing the Stainless Steel Tip of the Gibson....................... 7/10...... or i just got used to it

Diablosport Predator Tuning................. 10/10....... best thing i installed in my JK
High Voltage Master........

Liwa Man..........

Proud to be AD4X4 Marshal

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

PEPSI wrote:I just have my LC GXR 2002 AutoTx. Please share me the Phase 1 modification to improve sand performance. Phase 2 if any, could be at later stage.
first stage -
buy a jeep!
Member #210 twoseaterwoopseater

"Take Part in Life"

Ahmedhammad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Ahmedhammad »

vikid wrote:
PEPSI wrote:I just have my LC GXR 2002 AutoTx. Please share me the Phase 1 modification to improve sand performance. Phase 2 if any, could be at later stage.
first stage -
buy a jeep!
I do not agree. The LC is a true offroader.
Good choice PEPSI.

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

latest updates :

my "second" blue TJ got meanwhile additionally :

- flag pole holder (DIY) fixed to tire carrier
- progressive bump stops with upper bumpstop tower mods to have 1" bump stop EXTENSION compared to stock (DIY :twisted: )
http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php ... ne#p175018
- Sunrider soft top (DIY)
- billet brushed alloy grille inserts (DIY)
- 33" procomp Xterrains
- 1.25" JKS body lift on top of my 2.5" OME HD lift (I have the 0.5" spacers as well, otherwise it is a 2" lift) (DIY!!!)
- 1" Motor Mount Lift to avoid messing with fan shroud and to improve rear DS angle (DIY!!!)
(BL and MML open the door for a future tummy tuck AND BL ALLOWS for 33" tires with ONLY 1" BS extension!!!)
- Mickey Thomson Classic II rims 15x8 with 3.25 back spacing
- 7" fender flares (DIY) which are now completely filled up :twisted: ... with the M/T rims tires stick SLIGHTLY out, nearly flush :mrgreen:
- new "nightvision" : IPF 840 2x85W AMBER fog/DESERT lighting (DIY)
- doing some experiments with "dynamic balancing" (DIY)
http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php ... ng#p182258
results to be published soon :twisted:

ongoing at WM NOW :
- regearing to 4.88
- front inner sleeves PLUS 4-C gussets axle reinforcement
- front(!) and rear TrueTrac Limited Slip differentials
- AA (advance adapters) transfer case linkage bracket (to decouple the mechanism completely from tub movement :twisted: )
- front and rear extended (anti) sway bar extensions

break in starting next week inshallah !!!
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

LC Project :notes:

An ARB lift kit will be OK as a start ...... and don't buy the bumpers as they are extremely heavy.. cost is around 3300

Then, its up to your budget and how much you are welling to spend

Custom cold Air intake system ( 850 Dhs)
Custom Stainless steel Headers ( 2800 Dhs , I think :!: )
Custom cat-Back (3000 Dhs)
Uni-Chip (3300 Dhs)

and this is it :mrgreen:
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

PEPSI

Post by PEPSI »

After my first desert with my GXR, I am convinced that it has to be lifted to improved ground clearance. So I made and completed the lift up for 2 inches on 17 March 2011. Ready to go to sand now.

PEPSI

Post by PEPSI »

After my first desert trip on 11 March 2011 with my GXR, I am convinced that it has to be lifted to improved ground clearance. So I made and completed the lift up for 2 inches on 17 March 2011. Ready to go to sand now. I am searching for the K&N air intake for GXR. May I know anyone who has done it for his truck.

PEPSI

Private messageE-mail PEPSIYIM

PEPSI

Post by PEPSI »

Thanks for the suggestions. This Custom cold Air intake system (850 Dhs) should be okay with my budget. Where can I get it done here in Dubai. Anyway I will call Ramy4x4-Dubai to find out today what they have on stock to offier to my GXR.

PEPSI

Post by PEPSI »

One of the prime offroad accessories is a flagpole (with flag of course). I have an existing flagpole (brought from ICON4x4-Dubai) which is being placed (custom built-in slot) on the roof tray of my Fortuner. Now (for economy) I have to use the same for my GXR (my GXR has no roof rail) but I thought of a new system to hold it. I look around and decided that a cross bars will do. So I will use Thule Cross bars (additional fix kit for GXR is now being shift from UK). This will give me an approximate ground heights of 4+ meters (GXR is about 2m & the flagpole is 2.5m).

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

PEPSI wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. This Custom cold Air intake system (850 Dhs) should be okay with my budget. Where can I get it done here in Dubai. Anyway I will call Ramy4x4-Dubai to find out today what they have on stock to offier to my GXR.
call Patriot performance on 02 5544452 and they will tell where to get it from. or you may log on their web site to have a look ( http://www.patriot.ae )

*Talk to Yasser & tell him im from AD4x4 & I was sent to you by Ahmed Al Hosani.
Last edited by WildFire on Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Sean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Sean »

Yesterday, I completed a 100% remodling of the driver, Jayne drove :lol:

PEPSI

Post by PEPSI »

Thanks Ahmed (Wildfire), I called Yasser already. One day I take leave to visit his workshop to find out what he can do to my LC Custom Cold Air Intake.

caprihorse
Advanced
Advanced

Post by caprihorse »

As a first thing on my Nissan Pathfinder 2005 M/T, I changed standard tyres and rims to 275R16x70 from 245R16x70. This brought me up to the level from 1st gear to 2nd gear driving at most of the time. This type of tyres fits easily, no need for some spacers, just it was needed to remove front mud laps, as the tyres were touching it.
As the second mod, I installed Alu bashing plate, as original plastic was lost immediately, after challenging a grass in flat area, as newbie.
The third mod was the rear towing center point from Icon, as the original left and right towing points were damaging the bumper.
The fourth mod was changing the front bumper to metallic, as it was a pretty hazzle to change twice a month the original one (yes, I was still newbie).
The last mod, which I replied recently, was to reduce the pressure in all tyres from 15psi to 11psi. This brought some pop-outs with it, but I gained also the practice, how to fix the tyre back within 5 minutes :)
--------------------------------
Nissan is The Power !
One man can be a crucial ingredient on a TEAM, but one man cannot make a TEAM.

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

SSS wrote:

- doing some experiments with "dynamic balancing" (DIY)
http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php ... ng#p182258
results to be published soon :twisted:

ongoing at WM NOW :
- regearing to 4.88
- front inner sleeves PLUS 4-C gussets axle reinforcement
- front(!) and rear TrueTrac Limited Slip differentials
- AA (advance adapters) transfer case linkage bracket (to decouple the mechanism completely from tub movement :twisted: )
- front and rear extended (anti) sway bar extensions

break in starting next week inshallah !!!
Ok ... got my TJ back this evening,
unfortunately while putting the inner sleeves into my front axle housing it turned out I have a SLIGHTLY bent D30 tube ... not bent enough to cause any leaking or other damage ... :evil:
so instead of going for a used housing without warranty I went for peace of mind : a new housing ... inner sleeves went in perfectly ... outer gussets welded to the Cs! :twisted:
Regearing the rear with the Richmond gears was perfect in the rear (accurate numbers, nice pattern)
The front was another pain in the axx ... the Richmod gears with part number SD3006 are not the right ones for the D30 on newer TJs ... I should have bought the SD30J05 set :evil: :evil: :evil: and to make the matter more painful I got the stuff supposedly for a TJ locally as a "hot deal" like 8 months ago ... so no real customer warranty (well I will try to mail Richmond)
so I had to rush to ramy trading to get another 4.88 r&p ASAP ... luckily Anush had it right there for a locally reasonable price (but from Alloy USA ... lets hope and see, according to WM they set up nicer than superiors but not as nice as the richmonds).

TrueTracs of course built innnn and curious how they perform on sand :mrgreen:

AA transfercase shifter linkage bracket raised some interest from the WM experts as "good idea" and cheap 8-)

front JKS quicker discos went in ... the rear extended ones are prepared (cut) and will be mounted soon (DIY) 8-)

All in all the last mods have costed double the amount intended at WM anddouble the time ... but now the 33" tires are rolling and rocking :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
(and yeah ... some small things like new spark plugs, new rear axle shaft seals and bearings and a new radiator cap) ;)

AND another good news: the dynamic balancing thinggy WORKS NICELY ... no roadforce or other balancing was necessary with my chunky 33x12.5x15 Procomp Xterrains :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
well ... I used another trick since airsoft pellets were NOT available in AD and in Dubai only hearsay at DragonMart ... so I bought 1 kilogram of "masabeh" at Souq Zayed and put the pearls in instead of airsoft pellets ( around 230g in each tire ...) :lol: :lol: :lol:
You should have seen the faces of the guys at the tire balancing shop when I told them to put them in :D
(and the eyes of the WM technician after he asked me "what is this noise" when coming to a dead stop ... : "the pearls coming down on the alloy rims, my new balancing" :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :ugeek: )

next : BREAK IN of the gears ... and during that a beefy and cheap but SOLID ZJ V8 (old grand cherokee) tierod goes in plus new alignment ... YESSSS April and summer can come :twisted:
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808