pleeeeeease help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything related to off-road Technical questions and Modifications
yellowmanta
Intermediate
Intermediate

pleeeeeease help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by yellowmanta »

hi everyone. i,ve got an big problem.please help.

i took my jeep for a normal sevice yesterday to trading enterprises in dubai,sh. zayed road from where i bought it from.my car has 8232km on the odo when reach ed the service station. ibought the jeep in jan. 2006 and then took it for 1000km service soon after.
i did not do the "optional" 5000km km as the car was not doing long distances and was standing alot while my wife was on holiday for 3 months who was only using the jeep till i joined ad4x4 in december. that was the first time this vehicle saw offroad and was absolutely fine uptill now.

this past week i started to feel a vibration when driving at around 120-130km/h on my jeep and thought to be wheelbalancing.i do know a bit about cars as me and my father fixed and serviced our cars ourselves back home in south africa.

on arrival at the service station of trading enterprises,i booked my car in and was asked about any problems with vehicle. isaid to the service consultant that there is a vibration on the car and one frontlight was not working,which he took notice of on his computer and also booked a 10000km service which cost dhs450 instead of the 5000km service of dhs250 because my kms was on 8000km++. i also had the rustproofing checked for its annual inspection which cost another 100dhs.my car was left there and i was informed that my car will be done at +-18h30.

the service consultant call me at around 17h00 and told me that the car was done. i told him that i will collect the car today(10th jan.) because of trafficjams in dubai at this time. i arrived at the service station this morning at 7h45. i went and sat down at the same service consultant as yesterday. i was told that everything has been done,rustproofing included. and the light was only a loose connection.i paid my bill which came to 540dhs.
i was told to wait 1 minute as a technician has to bring the car and to bring me a gatepass. the "service consultant" as was his job description on his desk,mr chandelkar abhay ganapati,left to help another customer. 1 minute turned to 20 minutes and on return mr ganapati saw me still waiting and he went to the wortshop to look for my jeep with me following. my jeep was still standing on the workshop floor with a technician still working on my jeep underneath the steering wheel. on further inquiry i was informed that the clutch switch came loose and that the jeep did not want to start and that they will fit a new switch.

i waited another half an hour for the car that was "done" since yesterday.we've been driving this jeep for one year from brand new and had absolutely no problems with starting,stiff clutch or anything. how can there suddenly be such problems. they replaced the clutchswitch, i got my gatepass and i left for work.

on my way back home after work i still felt the vibration on the jeep but this time it was worse as never i've ever have felt before. it was a "wobble" and not a vibration anymore.it starts vibrating on 100km/h and "wobbles" at +- 130km/h.i could clearly feel something is loose. my thought was the wheels. as i came home i climbed out and inspected the wheels. the front wheels felt fine but the back wheels felt loose as if the diff or something inside is loose.when the wheel is shaken then you can feel the whole back axle is loose.

i informed my wife of the situation who also confirmed of no problems with any of the above mentioned problems. she immediately called trading enterprises to speak to mr ganapati and handed the phone to me. mr ganapati said hallo and immediately started talking about the clutchswitch without giving me a chance to tell him why i called. he mentioned that the jeep had problems starting when in service,that they had to replace the switch,that the clutch is stiff and that my gearbox has to be overhauled because the second gear is faulty. still i have'nt explained why i called.

of all these problems i still have experienced any of these myself the past year.ad4x4 saw me driving my jeep and nothing was wrong at all. i told mr ganapati that there is nothing wrong with my gearbox and cluth and that my backwheels was loose as if it was the diff inside that was something wrong with. he told me that the workshop technicians took it for a drive this morning and that they did not notice anything. nothing was mentioned about the wheelbalancing/allignment and there was no mention on my service invoice about any of these which i take has not been done. mr ganapati then told me to bring the jeep in for inspection. i told him that i dont want to drive my car as it is faulty. he then told me that the car is still roadworthy and that i must bring it in tomorrow(11 jan) so that his "expert" (that was his exact words) could have a look. again he told me to drive it to there and again i told him that i cant drive my jeep as it is faulty and that they must come and collect it from my house. he then told me to call him tomorrow for further arrangements.

before i get any further "expert" advise from these "experts" from trading enterprises,can ANYBODY from ad4x4 tell me what i must do next. i need somebody to come and check my cluth and gearbox and diff at my house for a second opinion before i get an first opinion. why i am so carefull about this matter is because i met somebody last year who bought a brand new grand cherokee and had also big problems with trading enterprises. his engine blew up brand new after he drove through a puddle of water after the big rain in dubai if anybody can remember. they did not want to fix the engine because of some stupid excuse and he had to go to the newspapers to get them to listen. he had something like almost a 100 replies from people complaining about trding enterprises as they have experienced it.

so before i have to pay for a new clutch,gearbox and diff for a jeep with 8000km++ on the clock, can somebody PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
help me in the above matter.

my tel nr is 0506242762

cheers

brokenmanta
Yellowmanta Dubai

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

i would say don't send the car tomorrow to trading interprises , send it on a winch to a garage let them check it for you (just check it not play around with it). if you have a good credit card then they should have this car recovery for free so you won't have to pay for the winch.

for me i know the guys in trading interprises sharjah workshop. So you can also get the car to sharjah workshop and i'll have a word with them. (by the way trading enterprises they have also car recovery for free, so if you want you can call them and ask them to send you the car recovery which will take the car to the workshop, that comes for free as a package when you buy the car).

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Sorry to hear abt this man ...

i dont really know what could be wrong with it ... sorry, but the dealer shouldnt have a problem with it especially something like this. i wouldnt drive it for sure, take jeeps advice and winch it to the dealer and let them do their job ... i'd also recommend a word with the manager abt this issue.

hope everything goes well and good luck man :)

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

I think your car is under warrenty till 10,000 KM including the clutch and plate. Read your Warrenty manual.

Gearbox and diff are difinetly under warrenty.

I think the problem will be with the suspension, maybe you got one of the shocks loose or leaking.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

i think its the prep shaft
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

kareemamr
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kareemamr »

Yellow manta dont be this sad i imagine you writing all this definatly indicates that you are Broken i know how frustrating that is ... i dont have an idea what might be wrong but one thing i know ppl screwing my car and you feel that they ARE NOT EXPERTS is BAD...

I think you should check your warranty as iguana said and if its included than be harsh with those people or just take it to sharjah worksop but dont drive as if anything happens they will bring some stupid excuse ...

i am sorry to say this but sometimes shouting gets you going over in such situations

once again man Cheer up its gonna be just fine...
When the going gets tough , The Tough Gets going

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Hi guys,

Head up Yellow Manta. We all had trouble already with such workshops, believe me. Somtimes i have the feeling that they just do not understand what they are doing there. In fact, about 6 years back i had my GC 5,2 at T E for repair. It was some kind of story, believe me.

But on the other hand they know that they are the only workshop / dealer for Jeep in Dubai, thats why they do not much care about.

If i would be you, i would call a recovery truck on my own expense, bring the car there, go to the manager of TE and ask him to take immediate action by himself. Be harsh and don"t let them to much time for repair. Ask them to do it right away without any delay. They will say " no problem" ( i hate this, because if somebody tells me that i know that it means big problem ).

If something is loose on the suspension, that could be dangerous. Make them clear that you are not willing to accept any further excuses at all and that you want the car back today.

Good luck

desertfalc0n
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by desertfalc0n »

Yellowmanta,

I too suggest you take your car to the Sharjah workshop instead of the Dubai one... Jeep knows the people, and even I know a few there and can speak to them regarding your car...

I strongly beleive that locations do matter when you take your car for servicing, like my Nissan, I never take it to Sharjah, always take it to Dubai,, just feel they are more professional than the Sharjah workshop and my Wrangler never take it to the Dubai one, cause Sharjah seem much more professional.

Your issue is a very common one, had a brand new Nissan Pathfinder for which I was facing problems for a full year, that I got so fed up and than sold the car as it was still under warranty... I suggest get your car fixed by TE first, than take it to another garage for a 2nd opinion...

Good luck mate on your issue, do let me/Jeep know if we could be of any further assitance to you...

Christopher
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Christopher »

dude , your car is still under warranty..

go to the stealership and give em hell until they fix your car for free !!

seriously, don't spend a dime on this, it is your right...

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

Manta, hi i'm Doc a new member of AD4x4, i'm the Senior Service Manager for Bosch Service Centers UAE, i have a branch in Dubai on Sheikh Zyed rd. next to off road motors showroom if you can and its not too late get it on a recovery truck and take it there, once there give me a call and i will get the manager there to look at it and tell you exactly whats wrong, then when you take it back to the dealer you will know what to request, as everyone has said your vehicle is under warrenty and this is covered so first lets see whats wrong then you can demand your rights.

give me a call on 050 6526707 PS we are part of Alfahim which is the Jeep agent in AD.

regards

Richard AKA Doc

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

So kind of you DOC, so generous.. :ad4x4:
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Kalemero

Post by Kalemero »

hi there sorry to hear that ,

but i think as moe said

but take it to a place to check it up to make sure from where is the problem.

that what i call team work DOC :bravo:
Zee Godzilla
15 Nissan SWB Fully modified & Ready

Its my way or the high way :D

kerMitt

Post by kerMitt »

hii guys..

i just like to add some thig which is whn thrs a fault under warrenty thy wnt chng it directly thy fix it and say tht thy changed it...