Re: Project Wheeler Dealer

Post by ossme »

I can't wait to see the results ... :)
Proud to be Ad4x4 Marshal. :)

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

Here are some of the results:

The only things left for me to do are to fix the driver's door window regulator, replace the oil pressure gauge sending unit (still on order), and recharge the AC. I'm hoping that my fuel injector cleaner treatment will cure the rich running condition 'cause it seems that the O2 sensors are OK. The engine does run very well nevertheless.

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

Hi Dino!

nice work! there was another 95 low mileage and clean on dubizzle last week for 10k . :lol: ... only for 6 hours: lol:
do you still have the original airbox? can i have it? :mrgreen:
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

SSS wrote:Hi Dino!

nice work! there was another 95 low mileage and clean on dubizzle last week for 10k . :lol: ... only for 6 hours: lol:
do you still have the original airbox? can i have it? :mrgreen:
Thanks. Yeah I saw that other one being advertised for 10k but I think mine's a better example.
I do have the original airbox and I'll be very happy to get rid of it. I have it advertised in Dubizzle at http://tnydu.biz/DPfUzK together with a few other stock Mustang parts I have for sale.

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

ok... air box i want! price wise ok as well.
need an alternative to an open cone for my ls1 swap :mrgreen:
i hope i can fit it where the oe filter box of the tj was... hehehe

Sent from my GT-P6200 using Tapatalk 2

ossme
Marshal
Marshal

Post by ossme »

DinoStroker wrote:Here are some of the results:

The only things left for me to do are to fix the driver's door window regulator, replace the oil pressure gauge sending unit (still on order), and recharge the AC. I'm hoping that my fuel injector cleaner treatment will cure the rich running condition 'cause it seems that the O2 sensors are OK. The engine does run very well nevertheless.
Woah ! looks great ! 8-)
Proud to be Ad4x4 Marshal. :)

DesertDawg
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by DesertDawg »

Hi Dino,

I think Ed would be proud!!

Dave
Travelling in my truck...

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

Yeah basically all I have left to do is to replace the broken window regulator (if I can find a good used replacement), have the AC recharged, and then get the car through vehicle inspection.
I'll probably wait until after Ramadan and Eid before I sell it though. Now's not a good time with a lot of people going away for their summer break so it gives me more time to fettle it.

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

No luck finding a good used window regulator with motor and new items over here cost a whopping 850 AED, so I'm going to order a brand new regulator/motor from ebay instead. Cost, including shipping, will be 1/2 as much as buying new over here so it'll be worth it. With the help of an able assistant, I should be able to install it myself and save on labour cost.

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

Well, I had ordered a window regulator/motor from ebay on 17th July but the seller was out of stock and couldn't get any on backorder, so after 6 weeks of waiting I got a refund and ordered another one from a different seller in the US for $60. Hopefully I'll have it in the next couple of weeks.
In the meantime I had the two remaining catalytic converters (both were plugged up) replaced with a pair of good used straight-through mufflers, so now the exhaust has a nice soft rumble to it at idle and the engine runs smoother.
I also replaced the oil pressure gauge sending unit but the gauge needle still sits on the far left so it seems that there's a fault in the gauge itself. The gauge is part of a cluster and I'd have to replace the whole cluster if I want a functioning gauge, so I'll either leave it as it is or buy an aftermarket gauge.

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

yeah ... ordering is sometimes a real pain. Vendors used to be more honest ... nowadays most stuff is "build/source to order" ... no one keeps stock ... everyone just commissioning. :evil:

have you considered taking your dash/cluster apart and cleaning contacts or going with some air through it?
the gauges are not sealed ... and 20 years dusty desert air leave some there ...

keep it up ... the mustang is a classic ... for sure its value is rising after being taken care of by you! :D

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

Well at least the window motor/regulator that I ordered yesterday has been shipped and it has a tracking number, so I should receive it in the next couple of weeks. I was expecting the existing unit to be bolted in and easy to remove but NOOOOOO, it's riveted to the door so I'll have to drill the rivets out. What a pain!
I did remove the gauge cluster and cleaned it (there wasn't much dust anyway) but it made no difference. All the other gauges work normally except for the oil pressure gauge but even if it WAS working, it's an idiot gauge anyway. As long as there's at least 6psi of oil pressure it'll show at least halfway in the gauge, so it's no better than having a warning light. An aftermarket gauge with sender will show the true oil pressure so maybe the new owner can install one.

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

The guy from Aramex delivered my shiny new motor with regulator yesterday so I could finally get the thing on the car.

I'd already removed the door panel several weeks ago so I didn't think it would take much time to remove the existing window regulator and install the new one. Boy was I in for a rude awakening! Instead of using nuts/bolts or threaded studs/nuts to hold the existing regulator in place, Ford chose to use four rivets instead. What could have been a simple five-minute job just undoing a few nuts ended up being a sweaty 3-hour ordeal of drilling, hammering, and chiseling to break the rivets off. I was determined to succeed and I did, but by then it was getting dark so I left the regulator/motor assembly in the door for now.
At least I've done the hard part (hopefully!) so tomorrow I can set about completing the job and putting the door panel back on.

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

Took me only a few minutes to remove the old regulator and after installing the new one, it works a treat. Woohoo! :D
The car's almost finished now and I'm just going to check it over thoroughly before I take it for Muroor inspection. Hopefully it'll pass and I can put it up for sale soon.

DinoStroker

Post by DinoStroker »

Just passed Muroor inspection today. Woohoo! :mrgreen:
Now the car's ready to go up for sale.