Project Torque Zilla

Dedicated forums for members projects and DIY guides
WildFire

Project Torque Zilla

Post by WildFire »

Hi there,

Well, Since the last trip and I was not satisfied with my XJ performance. therefore I decided along with my friend Saleh Al Zaabi (al zaabi) to create torque monsters ::mgun: .

& yes , nothing better than building a J33P from scratches. So, imagine building two of them :lol:

Started ordering parts :pc: and most of them are expected to arrive by next week :dance2:

:read: we've ordered the following :

Rough Country 4.5'' lift kit
(Front: Lifted coil springs, upper and lower adjustable X-Flex control arms, adjustable track bar, brake line relocating brackets, and sway-bar disconnects.
Rear: Lifted leaf springs, u-bolts, and brake line relocating bracket.
Shocks: Kit includes (4) Nitro 9000 shocks.)

NP231 Slip Yoke Eliminator
Rear Extended Drive shaft
1.5" Wheel Spacers
Performance Steering Stabilizer
Control Arm Drop Kit
Shock Boots
Mickey Thompson Side biter 15'' wheels
Motive Gear's Standard Performance Ring and Pinions (4.56 gear ratio) Dana 30 front &Chrysler 8.25 rear diff.
we had to open the diff. to determine if it is a high pinion or low pinion (front) and if it is a Chrysler or Dana 35 (rear)

In addition , we have made a custom tubular front & rear bumpers, custom front & rear Diff. reenforcement and working on a custom roof rack (which i wanted to install my 52'' LED light)

With this setup we have a custom made CAI & Headers and this will conclude stage one of the build.

After completing this stage we will go for an LS1 V8 swap utilizing the stock transmission (for the time being at least). we have ordered one engine mount kit, transmission adapter, bell housing and looking for a suitable clutch & suitable radiator upgrade.

And this second stage will hopefully transform the XJ to a real sand monster that I decided to call TORQUE ZILLA

Hey , where is that NO PICS smiley :grrr:

I'll try to get them as soon as I come back from work in JUNE :shock:

By the way we didn't decide which tires & size to use yet however I think that a set of 33s would look nice :notes: any ideas :!:
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Project Torque Zilla

Post by SSS »

You will have to explain the LS1 swap (and the muroor secrect) more in detail :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

cooool ... I like how the courage is going up with the j33perz ... veeeeery encouraging ...
I might like to try the new banks turbo kit when it comes out :twisted: ... or to stroke ... or both ?
mo paua o mo paua o mooo paua ... dat is da quession :mrgreen:
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Very nice setup indeed. All the best with Muroor inspection unless u plan to keep it on a trailer.

As for the tires I would stay on the 33" till the LSI swap comes in where 35" are justified.

Looking forward to the pics.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Cybershot
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Cybershot »

Hehe.. Ahmed.... the virus catch you again :mrgreen:

Sound like an intersting project! And I am sure Tourq Zilla and Frankenstein will be good friends! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

To your list is nothing left to add. Seams you go for the best way possible! I would also stay for the 33" tires, to not stress the axle to much!

Good luck!!

SSS wrote:You will have to explain the LS1 swap (and the muroor secrect) more in detail :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .......:
7 Performance is doing them since Okt. 2010. They get any V6 to V8 swap approved (even with additional supercharger) from the moroor and all the 5.7 Hemi wrangler are also street leagal, if done by 7 Performance. No Idea abot Xtreem Performance, but they might also be street legal.
Tobias aka Cybershot 050-6155087
With
FRANKENSTEIN aka 2001 Jeep XJ 4.7L Stroker

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."
Walter Roehrl wrote:“Speed is when the tears of enjoyment are running horizontally to the ears”

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Muroor :boss:

Well, I think I'll be swapping the V8 in and out to pass the inspection :dash1: :devill:

I'll upload the Pics soon INSHA'ALLAH.

regards,
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

ossme
Marshal
Marshal

Post by ossme »

... Pulling the engine in and out before every inspection ?! that sounds extreme ! :lol: It would be easier to get another jeep with the same color and keep it for the inspection day ! :twisted:

Honstly though, I would of loved an engine swap if it was allowed. Nothing like a 5.7 Hemi under the hood! 8-) I'm trying to get a permission from police to do so. But it requires an extreme "wasta" that a poor man like me doesn't have! :( I'm changing my route towards a stroker engine as a result. :|

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR PROJECT ! AND I HOPE THAT YOU FINISH WITH MINIMUM TROUBLE ! :mrgreen:
Proud to be Ad4x4 Marshal. :)

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Huh, ..........Just figured out how to upload pics from my PC ? And they say understaNDING woman is hard :mrgreen:

Now , im waiting for the R&P to arrive & I think I'll start instaling the LADY GAGA (LS1)
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0025.JPG
IMG_0024.JPG
IMG_0023.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG
IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG
Abu Dhabi-20110616-00183.jpg
Abu Dhabi-20110616-00181.jpg
Abu Dhabi-20110616-00175.jpg
Abu Dhabi-20110616-00172.jpg
Abu Dhabi-20110616-00171.jpg
Abu Dhabi-20110616-00166.jpg
Abu Dhabi-20110616-00173.jpg
Abu Dhabi-20110616-00168.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Looks cool man .. Waiting for the LS1 Engine and to see this monster in the desert
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Cybershot
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Cybershot »

Mabrook Ahmed!!!

Looks very cool, and I can see you only choose the best parts for your XJ!

The back looks a little lower ( or at least same hight) as the front. You may extend your shackles? This also bringes the rear axle again align with the driveshaft.

NO DOUGHT...this will be a beast!!!!
Tobias aka Cybershot 050-6155087
With
FRANKENSTEIN aka 2001 Jeep XJ 4.7L Stroker

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."
Walter Roehrl wrote:“Speed is when the tears of enjoyment are running horizontally to the ears”

waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

looks wicked!

where did you get your leaf spring work done?

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

waqmaster wrote:looks wicked!

where did you get your leaf spring work done?
All work was done at Patriot work shop in musaffah.

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Hi Ahmed,

your XJ looks so cooooool and it makes me also a bit horny :mrgreen:

It looks much cooler than some of the XJs which are also around here in the club. :twisted:

I love the 2 Door version since i saw one the first time i don't know maybe 10 years back or so.

Please keep us completly updated about your possible engine swap since i heard that it will be feasable but a bit tricky.

If you need assistance or help, the guys from 7Performance did that swap before already.

And please Ahmed, Pics, Pics, Pics !!!!!!

Cheers

Uwe
Image <br><br>Image<br>

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

bad a*sssss XJ!

one question though: the rear axle truss seems to completely seal the rear pumkin ... how are you going to put your R&P in once they arrive ??? :mrgreen:
(... and you do not want to shave some metal off from underneath the pumpkin? bigger tires and then this ?)

BUT a real torque zilla ... mashallah
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Cybershot wrote:Mabrook Ahmed!!!

The back looks a little lower ( or at least same hight) as the front
For the time being I'll keep it as it is. but, previously I've traied lowering the rear of the race car to get better handeling as this distrebutes the wehight toward the back.
Chuck wrote:
Please keep us completly updated about your possible engine swap since i heard that it will be feasable but a bit tricky.
The advantage of this engine swap is that I'll be using the original transmission & transfer case of the XJ with a GM bellhousing & Clutch in addition to a NOVAC adaptor .... I,ll have to take it easy with it though :lol:
the other advantage of the XJ is that it have a bolt on engine mount (welded mounts on the TJ , JK :lol: )
therefore, swaping the engine will not effect the chasis and it will be easier to shift back to the I6 engine for registration.

I already have the Doner car which is my brother's Chevrollet Caprice LTZ 2000 model ...... FREE :lol: (these can be found for around 5000 to 7000 Dhs) and I'll utilize the engine, ECU & harness from it.
will need after market cauges, heavy duty radiator, new fuell pump and fuell regulator , fabricating a headers and a cat back system, and i think thats it or at least these are the main issues we'll have to figure out.

Pics .... I'll do my best :mrgreen:

SSS wrote:bad a*sssss XJ!

the rear axle truss seems to completely seal the rear pumkin ... how are you going to put your R&P in once they arrive ??? :mrgreen:
(... and you do not want to shave some metal off from underneath the pumpkin? bigger tires and then this ?)
I'll have to take it off :oops:

Actually, remaining parts should be here be coming week (R&P, Wheel Spacer) and the roof rack is being fabricated but not finished yet.

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Hi guys,

its been long time :D

Well , my project is still On Going :roll:

I got my 5.7L ls1 ( Lady Gaga as i like to call it) from my brothers Caprice :mrgreen: & did a complete service to get her ready for the J33P.

Then, the painful part started :arrow: :!:

Got the engine mounts from a friend in Al Ain (originally from Novac) in addition to the bell housing (custom made), engine accessories mounts (alternator, compressor & power steering) custom made as well as some pets & peaces here and there.

i'll be utilizing the original clutch of the J33P but had to use a manual transmission Camaro fly wheel.
Got a new custom made aluminum radiator & now looking for good fans as i'm running out of space and i still have to add a CAI. for the same reason i moved the battery to the back of the car.further I have to complete my exhaust system which is completely custom made.
I made a cutome dash poard that shall serve the purpose with a spedo meter that shows 300km as a top speed :twisted:
Oh, and i utilized the caprice fancy electrical seats for more comfort :lol:

It took me ages to get some of the parts together. therefore, if you are planning an engine swap and don't mind extra cost get the whole thing from NOVAC

and here are some pics & Insha'allah i'll keep you updated.

:geek: & believe it or not , still without matching difs in the fron and back :evil:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.