P.O Box 105151, Umm Al Nar.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Tel: +971 25585050
Fax: +971 25588818
Email : info@princesscar.com

Location, see attached. Just look for the sick silver JK outside :D

You'll be in great hands with Hani :)

Ziad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
راعي الربع

Vader
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Prothane progressive bump stops write up

Post by Vader »

ossme wrote:
anTrax wrote:I'm working together with Ranger to have a full kit for TJ's & Nissan Patrols. JK will follow soon. the kit will include all parts and labor for having them installed in ranger workshop.
I'm going to be the first customer! :mrgreen: Please keep us updated! 8-)
Second! :P
راعي الربع

AmruAbbas
Advanced
Advanced

Post by AmruAbbas »

Vader wrote:Hey man,

Glad to see you here in the forums,

Princess Cars Showroom
P.O Box 105151, Umm Al Nar.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Tel: +971 25585050
Fax: +971 25588818
Email : info@princesscar.com

Location, see attached. Just look for the sick silver JK outside :D

You'll be in great hands with Hani :)

Ziad
Hey Buddy, thanks for the help! I just spoke to him and it turns out that for my plain stock JKU I dont need to do it as of right now, but with the suspension and wheel packagae im planning on getting (probably during the summer), I will add bumpstops to the whole package.

Thanks for checking in man, catch you later.
Contact Number:
050 492 1161

Trip Log:
Completed ANIT 21/12/2012
Newbie: 13 Intermediate: 11

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

AmruAbbas
Advanced
Advanced

Post by AmruAbbas »

mamoun wrote:Antrax or Hani

Thanks Mamoun :)
Contact Number:
050 492 1161

Trip Log:
Completed ANIT 21/12/2012
Newbie: 13 Intermediate: 11

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Vader
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Vader »

Side note, my recommendation is to stick with stock suspension and look at getting fatter tires (285s with spacers or aftermarket rims that have less backspacing and some flat fenders or just go up to 265s - Marshal Eissa style :coool: - and ignore the rest).

JK suspension is a rabbit hole that's best avoided.

My 2 fils, check the forum for this widely covered topic and start a new thread before you decide to take the next step :ugeek:

Cheers bro :D
راعي الربع

Zayed Ali Capitano

Post by Zayed Ali Capitano »

Vader wrote:Side note, my recommendation is to stick with stock suspension and look at getting fatter tires (285s with spacers or aftermarket rims that have less backspacing and some flat fenders or just go up to 265s - Marshal Eissa style :coool: - and ignore the rest).

JK suspension is a rabbit hole that's best avoided.

My 2 fils, check the forum for this widely covered topic and start a new thread before you decide to take the next step :ugeek:

Cheers bro :D
just try it and then comment ...
Vedar :.. the SSS/Antrax Bump stops.. is some thing amazing .. ;) ;) ;)
My Life .... My Rules
Total trips: from 17/02/2012 up to date = 102trips(mashallah)

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

Prothane coil spring inserts for TJs revision 2.1

or ... hard core in soft prothanes 8-) :twisted: 8-)

UPDATE :

My last trip to LIWA with Sluggy unveiled a slight shortcoming of the Prothanes in the front:

My 10" travel Bilsteins are compressed 14.5" long ... and would need ~1.5" bump stop extension over stock to have the right protection against bottoming out ... leaving me at 5.5" uptravel.
Under REAL hard bumps it happens that the prothanes compress slightly more than expected ... and my front right shock bottomed out once, but fortunately not hard enough to break.
prothane_rev2_front_passenger.jpg
My upper jounce cups got replaced by those nice stamp thinggies which are about 0.5" shorter than the cups...
frontstampJounceCup.jpg
Soooooo ... before DesNav 2013 I urgently needed something which finally bumps out hard at a specified length ... if the impact was hard enough to compress the prothanes beyond needed minimum :?

Went to Hani and ordered THIS (nylon turning shop fab!) :twisted:
ProthaneHardH.jpg
about 0.5" longer than the needed 1.5" (see shorter stamp thinggies above) :mrgreen:

and just wide enough to be pressed by hand into the hollow prothanes as short hard core!!!
ProthaneHardW.jpg
RESULT : YESSSS it worked ... and there was enough during our DesNav 2013 run to test it.
(... ahhemm ... one of those mean ruts caused my passenger side front bumper to get slightly bent and my led light on that corner to fold back ... now my steering wheel is 45 degrees off center to the left :? ... what more test can Sluggy take? :lol: )
My front shocks are OK!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SSS on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Prothane progressive bump stops write up

Post by Dune_Phantom »

SSS wrote:Prothane coil spring inserts for TJs revision 2.1

UPDATE :

My last trip to LIWA with Sluggy unveiled a slight shortcoming of the Prothanes in the front:

My 10" travel Bilsteins are compressed 14.5" long ... and would need ~1.5" bump stop extension over stock to have the right protection against bottoming out ... leaving me at 5.5" uptravel.
Under REAL hard bumps it happens that the prothanes compress slightly more than expected ... and my front right shock bottomed out once, but fortunately not hard enough to break.
My upper jounce cups got replaced by those nice stamp thinggies which are about 0.5" shorter than the cups...
frontstampJounceCup.jpg
Soooooo ... before DesNav 2013 I urgently needed something which finally bumps out hard at a specified length ... if the impact was hard enough to compress the prothanes beyond needed minimum :?

ProthaneHardH.jpg
about 0.5" longer than the needed 1.5" (see shorter stamp thinggies above) :mrgreen:

and just wide enough to be pressed by hand into the hollow prothanes short hard core!!!
ProthaneHardW.jpg
RESULT : YESSSS it worked ... and there was enough during our DesNav 2013 run to test it.
(... ahhemm ... one of those mean ruts caused my passenger side front bumper to get slightly bent and my led light on that corner to fold back ... now my steering wheel is 45 degrees off center to the left :? ... what more test can Sluggy take? :lol: )

Chafiq, I wish you could be half as good on FJ as you are with the JEEP

Mosalf - 0566161157
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D

Abdul Qadir
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abdul Qadir »

Mosalf wrote:
SSS wrote:Prothane coil spring inserts for TJs revision 2.1

UPDATE :

frontstampJounceCup.jpg

ProthaneHardH.jpg

and just wide enough to be pressed by hand into the hollow prothanes short hard core!!!
ProthaneHardW.jpg

Chafiq, I wish you could be half as good on FJ as you are with the JEEP

Mosalf - 0566161157

can be adjusted for Fj &/Or Nissan as well I think :help1:

The way we see the problem is the problem.

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

:grin:
FJ? ... ok I promise to dig in ... IF somebody sponsors me with a test vehicle which I can study and modify ... :mrgreen:

besides my beloved TJ ! ! ! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

but now seriously : if I get to choose again / get some money ... the next vehicle of choice would be a 2013 manual LC70 with 2 doors ! :mrgreen:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

Prothane progressive bump stops write up

Post by Dune_Phantom »

SSS wrote::grin:
FJ? ... ok I promise to dig in ... IF somebody sponsors me with a test vehicle which I can study and modify ... :mrgreen:

besides my beloved TJ ! ! ! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

but now seriously : if I get to choose again / get some money ... the next vehicle of choice would be a 2013 manual LC70 with 2 doors ! :mrgreen:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
yay...my choice too but not manual! Too much effort in city traffic! :mrgreen:

Mosalf - 0566161157
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D

Zayed Ali Capitano

Morning SSS

Look at the below pictures and advise what had happen to my bump stops ,actually they are new (2 months old)
shall I add a flat support in order to prevent such damage and to reduce the friction

Regards,
My Life .... My Rules

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

oops ... actually I don't know how the nissan setup is mounted and against what the insert is squished ... a flat area distributes the load better and such damages and wear are reduced.

But you should keep in mind : THIS IS A CONSUMABLE material and might need to be replaced once in a while ... (but not as soon within 2 months)

My front inserts which were mounted inside the coil spring and had no stamp yet squishing them down looked less destroyed after a year.

My latest setup is fine since January this year ... no cracks!

charo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by charo »

:rin: :rin: :rin: :dance2: :dance1: :gym:
Zayed Ali wrote:Morning SSS

Look at the below pictures and advise what had happen to my bump stops ,actually they are new (2 months old)
shall I add a flat support in order to prevent such damage and to reduce the friction

Regards,
:beg: :rin: :rin: :dance2: :dance1: :gym:

Zayed Ali Capitano

SSS wrote:oops ... actually I don't know how the nissan setup is mounted and against what the insert is squished ... a flat area distributes the load better and such damages and wear are reduced.

But you should keep in mind : THIS IS A CONSUMABLE material and might need to be replaced once in a while ... (but not as soon within 2 months)

My front inserts which were mounted inside the coil spring and had no stamp yet squishing them down looked less destroyed after a year.

My latest setup is fine since January this year ... no cracks!
thax SSS

i will come up with something.. suits the Steeds(Sure NISSAN thing) and before installation .. the same will be discussed with you ;)
My Life .... My Rules