Damage report

Chit Chat about general subjects.
Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

iguana wrote:You can make it more easy, don't let Amin Drive the car :lol: :lol: :lol: You see, you left to Algeria for 3 weeks and thats what happened to the car from Amin. :hit:
that’s the best advice i heard in this forums so far looool.
my clutch is fine so far. I’m surprised my self.

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

elaborate on "engine rotation problem"?
what was wrong with your engine block?
def sounds like u need stiffer springs in the rear too , not just stiffer shocks!

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

Kris wrote:elaborate on "engine rotation problem"?
what was wrong with your engine block?
def sounds like u need stiffer springs in the rear too , not just stiffer shocks!

i was quoting the technician at aljalaf so i'm not sure exactly what that means but i think it's a direct result of stressing the engine off-road. Nothing serious as the work took only 30 min.

as for the engine block I never knew I had the problem. i felt the car's performance was below normal. so i reported this issue when i checked the car in for service. it took around 9 days and when i asked why they told my they had to replace a cylinder block or something.

i think i will do something with my suspension on the next round of quadratec order. I totally agree that I need tougher suspension and springs

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

anTrax wrote: when i asked why they told my they had to replace a cylinder block or something.
8O replace a cylinder block or something?!? hehehe... :lol:
thats fantastic! :D
glad it's all fixed man :wink:

kerMitt

Post by kerMitt »

iguana wrote:You can make it more easy, don't let Amin Drive the car :lol: :lol: :lol: You see, you left to Algeria for 3 weeks and thats what happened to the car from Amin. :hit:
thank you iguana
:hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hit: :hithit: :hithit: :hithit: :hithit: :hithit: :hithit: :hithit: :hithit: :hithit: :hithit: :hithit: :hithit: :hithit: :hithit: :hithit: :hithit:

one day i will be in the driver seat of your car

bwahahahahahahahaha

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

I love teasing you Amin. You can take my car for a drive any time. You will love it I am sure and next day you will run to ARB to get the lockers and Ring & Pinion.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Damage report

Post by Bulldozer »

anTrax wrote:engine rotation problem?! wats the problem ?
gearbox oil level - refill it. look in your owner's manual for the proper spec oil & refill it.
i think it's called mopar transmission fluid.

3-4-5- are all linked.
ur rear suspension is prob too soft , which leads to it bottoming out , which leads to u hitting your fueltank.
get yourself a stiffer suspension setup & ditch the stock springs and shocks.
take off your skid plate & if ur tank is jst bent & NOT CRACKED, drain all fuel , take off your fuel tank & when it's EMPTY (!!!!!!) put it in the sun & it'll pop back into the proper shape.
take your original skid plate while ur at it , go have a proper one made using some proper aluminium , that's thicker.while ur at it , check ur fuel pump.
put everything back on.
save lots of money.

Antrax : Keep it as is, if they dont argue with u

Adiga : my freind i wish my neighbor suffer not u (i dont like her), 1st change to auto gear, start smoking midwakh and shisha stop cigarettes for practicing sports keep doing newbies trips its good for your blood press and keep u fit Salaaaaaaaaamaaat

Others: u knew it is costy, improve your driving :reading: :driving:

great advice kriss, thx... but i think i have to do it at the dealer not to have issues latter when it comes to replacing something with my warranty. i have the extended package: 7years/110,000. in a way it paid off cause look at what was replaced on my warranty:

1- the headers melted at 10,000 KM - replaced by warranty
2- rear suspension rancho shocks changed twice and the front once. Total mileage I drove is 55,000
3- engine head cylinder block @ 40,000KM
4- engine rotation problem fixed @ 55,000 KM (today)
5- door looks for the passenger and also driver
6- fog light switch

with my record i'm sure they would void my warranty if i have an oil change outside. Im not their favourite customer lool and the funny thing is, they never argue when I complain about anything, they just replace the part no questions asked.[/quote]
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded