Toyota service contract

Chit Chat about general subjects.
Gasface

Toyota service contract

Post by Gasface »

Hi all ,

It's time to renew the service contract on my 2013 FJ and I'm on the fence about it. The price is 5600aed for 30,000km, already done this once before. Is anyone servicing their FJ outside if Toyota, how do the costs compare?

Much appreciated,

Gasface

BAHA
Advanced
Advanced

Toyota service contract

Post by BAHA »

What do you get for the 5600??
For example : I can get a car every 60000km!!! For this money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youth at the prow, pleasure at the helm
Trip count: Who cares!

MURAD

Re: Toyota service contract

Post by MURAD »

I'm serving without a contract every 10k and the service cost little bit leas or same for 30k. However be aware that if servicing outside the car will be out of warranty
The outlaw :)

rubicon
Marshal
Marshal

Post by rubicon »

from my side i think 5600 is reasonable price .
Ahmed Mohammed Al Blooshi.

Gasface

Post by Gasface »

Thanks gentlemen. I'm very happy with Toyota service...they just don't cover parts like bmw does when they skim rotors, replace pads all as part of the package.

I went ahead and extended the contract as i think it's best for the car to stay in warranty.

Cheers!

futureshock999
Advanced
Advanced

Post by futureshock999 »

For future reference, the only problem with the Al FU-ttaim service contract is that they try to exclude nearly EVERYTHING when you enhance/modify your vehicle. From what I hear, the AD branch is even more aggressive on that than the Dubai branch.

Put on a LED bar? They may try to exclude all your electrics from warranty, unless THEY do the installation themselves. Modify your suspension? A whole lot of things suddenly may not be covered by the warranty...

The only way I would extend or buy a service contract from Al FU-ttaim is if I had it in writing that my list of intended modifications did not invalidate any part of the warranty, or list in detail what would be then excluded. Lots of stories abound about this....
In the sand, there is truth.

Gasface

Post by Gasface »

I have some led mods, compressor under the bonnet, non factory roof rack, non factory skid plates, all done outside and they've not said a word. I'm hopeful,that toyota's bullet proof reliability applies to my car but if I did ever have some concerns about the parts under warranty I'd return the car to "stock" before taking it in for service.

Zeebzog
Advanced
Advanced

Toyota service contract

Post by Zeebzog »

I think it depends at AF Abu Dhabi. I have LED lights and the battery failed,they replaced the battery without any comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk