Ford Ranger Wildtrak - any feedback?

Chit Chat about general subjects.
Kaylie
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Kaylie »

Hi all

Just wanted to get your opinion and feedback... Has anyone ever seen the Ford Ranger Wildtrak out in the sand? a friend is thinking of downgrading his crewcab F150 to a Wildtrak. Are they any good on sand? Can't find much for literature on the subject especially around Dubai.

http://www.carandsuv.co.nz/articles/for ... rak-review

Thanks!
Kaylie
Club Public Relations Manager
ph: 050 876 6959

Snappy
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Snappy »

Hiya a did a trip a few months back with one similar to this on it. It did ok, nothing amazing as was a newbie level drive and with a new off-road driver too so not the best assessment of its capabilities. Got the impression that it might be underpowered ......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mob: 0552899973

Current Wheels:

JKU Sahara 2014, 2.5" Mopar lift with Fox shocks, 1.18" wheel spacers, Sumo Springs Bump stops front and back, 285 x 70 x 17 Cooper AT3 tyres, 10th Anniversary Rubicon front bumper, truck lite LED head lights, LED spots and light bar, reinforced front Axle, AEV (Original!) Tyre carrier with 39l jerry can, Bestop Trex Top NX, mounted ARB single compressor and adorned with my lovely Warn 9.5CTi winch !

[/u][/color]

BBQBear
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BBQBear »

Kaylie, I know that when the Ford guys got one in the showroom, they took it out in the desert. They said it did pretty well. I am not sure how hard they pushed it or where they were, but I will get in touch with them and find out. They did say that they were surprised at how well it did. I will keep you posted.

If you want to know what someone is like; take a good look at how they treat their inferiors, not their equals.

BBQBear
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BBQBear »

Ok. So they took out the 3.2 diesel which I think might be the only model available. They were surprised at how well it did but they didn't expect that much from it. Overall not so good in the sand. They agreed that the Jeep was a much better option. The phrase that they used was "not that impressed." Hope that helps.

If you want to know what someone is like; take a good look at how they treat their inferiors, not their equals.

seanofmacc
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Ford Ranger Wildtrak - any feedback?

Post by seanofmacc »

Hi Kaylie, not sure if your friend is still courting responses but heres my thoughts as I have experience of all
My work truck on the gas fields of Queensland was a ford ranger. Initially a 2.2 with 6 on the floor and then 3.2 with slush box. Both coped with massive abuse in the dry even more following rain when every track turned the black mud that's the stickiest, hardest to drive through stiff on the planet. Nothing fell off them. A good solid truck
They're a great truck to buy if you wanted to use and take back to Europe afterwards. If you don't fall into that category then no good reason to chop in the F150
Ford F150 6.2 V8 Falcon, Roush exhaust.
Newbie forever

BAHA
Advanced
Advanced

Post by BAHA »

Getting tempted for one of those. Has anyone tried it?

Youth at the prow, pleasure at the helm
Trip count: Who cares!