Jeep wrangler YJ - bad idea or good for the money?

Chit Chat about general subjects.
Ray1
Advanced
Advanced

Jeep wrangler YJ - bad idea or good for the money?

Post by Ray1 »

Hi all,

As the subject says, I've been considering a second 4x4 and YJs seem pretty cheap and cheerful - any major issues? (At least any model-specific issue than the issues all jeeps seem to have :) ). Is the leaf spring set up a disadvantage? Are they capable enough with basic mods to ride height, tires, power? Stock?

Thanks, any opinions or experience welcome!
Ray

Pajero DiD, 0551868100

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Jeep wrangler YJ - bad idea or good for the money?

Post by scotchyl »

I think best person to ask is Bio (Martin) he has a yj and knows its good and bad points for sure and I am sure he could assist you.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.

alezz
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Jeep wrangler YJ - bad idea or good for the money?

Post by alezz »

Ray, I never drive YJ, but I had experience in desert with another dinosaur LR Discovery 1 1997. And my opinion after this is that in real life no place for fairy tale. Rarity car can't be in same conditions as it was 20 years ago.
Even examples that somebody still drive such car in desert can't change it. That's mean this car all this years was in perfect hands. But does you really believe that random car from dubizzle will be exactly this one of thousands?
Trips: ANIT(2), Newbie(18), Intermediate(14), GPS Hunt 2014
055 200 10 92

Putin = Hitler.v.2
Who is your friend you will know in disaster. And who is your foe also