Why so many doors?

Chit Chat about general subjects.
Code Red
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Why so many doors?

Post by Code Red »

I have noticed that it seems to be much more common to keep the doors on Jeeps here in the UAE. in fact, I can't remember seeing one without either the factory doors, or an aftermarket version installed.

Is this a legal requirement or a preference? I like riding without doors, and was thinking of taking them off this weekend, but don't want to get my answer to this question in the form of a traffic citation.
LC76 - It's what Rubicons want to be when they grow up . . .

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Re: Why so many doors?

Post by khaiwi »

Not sure legally about doorless but rock doors are ok as long as you have mirrors on the sides. Yet you know in some cases it's ok as long as we don't have clear information from the authorities with what is ok and what's not. And that applies on several other things beside the doors.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

scotchyl
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Why so many doors?

Post by scotchyl »

Yes, rock doors with the mirrors in place appear okay. nautibean ran most of the winter with this set up and many police cars passed her and just casual glances of nice car i think. mirrors will be the key as without them it become dangerous and they will probably have issues.
Focus on the future, that's where your life is going. Focus on the past and you will go nowhere.