Wanted - old model Jeep Cherokee

Items for Sale
royboy
Location: Abu Dhabi for now !!@ Previously Australia, USA, Scotland, Korea, Ireland)

Wanted - old model Jeep Cherokee

Post by royboy »

Folks,

I have finally conceded that the Commander is taking too much abuse (back bumper got cracked last week and I also noticed the front bumper also has some damage just above tow point). Hence its time to find a toy that can take the knocks without causing me (and my missus) heartache. I thought about mods like raising it but I don't want to go there.

I'm strongly thinking Jeep Cherokee (old shape say around 2000 to fit within budget of ~25k, inc mods) however if something else suitable came up I might be convinced (needs to be big enough though for family of 4 with enough space for camping gear etc.).

Can I ask a favour that if you know of anyone selling a car like this could you let me know.

Please call or email me if you know of one.
You can call me on 050 661 2963 or
email roy.horsham@worleyparsons.com

Thanks in advance :thankyou:

Roy

AmaroK
Advanced
Advanced

Post by AmaroK »

Hello,

Try here they normally update every few days.

http://www.dubizzle.com/main/categories ... 20cherokee

And this 2001 Model

http://www.dubizzle.com/main/categories ... p+cherokee

Cheers,

Silly Walks
1997 Purple TJ Manual - 2" OME lift - 15" rims - Cooper Discoverer STT (31x10.5R115) - Bushwacker Pocket Style Fenders

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Check out the notice board in Spinneys, Khalidya.
They had 2 for sale on there two days ago within your budget. Also check out Abela noticeboard.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

good choice roy. however once you get the bug of mods you will spend much more than 25k.. :lol: and it will never stop.. :twisted:
Member #210 twoseaterwoopseater

"Take Part in Life"

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Royboy, good luck in your hunting .. Please make sure that the car is very clean .. I prefer the Manual Gear (which is very difficult to find in Cherokee) but if you find a manual this will be much better at least you will avoid the gearbox problems.

Your budget is too low for a car + Mods. Note that the lifting and bigger tires will cost around AED 10,000 in total including installation so if you are putting AED 25K for cars and mods it means that you are looking for an AED 15K car :roll: :roll: :roll: That's too low
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

royboy
Location: Abu Dhabi for now !!@ Previously Australia, USA, Scotland, Korea, Ireland)

Post by royboy »

Folks, thks for help/advice.

Like every plan you start of with a budget and then you end up spending double!! However if I can get a clean car for $25k or so then maybe over time I can find a way to get the bank manager (the missus) to part with more cash for mods etc. Anyway thks for pointers - I shouldn't limit myself to just looking in this price range.

I am a bit worried though - this 4x4 business seems like a (legal) drug - ocne you try it you get hooked. Is there a detox program???

Roy

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

royboy wrote:Folks, thks for help/advice.

. Is there a detox program???

Roy
yes there is buy a patrol or LC :D
Member #210 twoseaterwoopseater

"Take Part in Life"

Uristier
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Uristier »

Like every plan you start of with a budget and then you end up spending double!! However if I can get a clean car for $25k or so then maybe over time I can find a way to get the bank manager (the missus) to part with more cash for mods etc. Anyway thks for pointers - I shouldn't limit myself to just looking in this price range.

I am a bit worried though - this 4x4 business seems like a (legal) drug - ocne you try it you get hooked. Is there a detox program???

Roy
Roy
there is NO return and NO detox once u re a AD4x4 family member, only alternative :suicide:.
Get u bank manager involved, she will be addicted and u problem is solved :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

vikramd wrote:

Roy
And if you want to save your money and solve all your problems GO for PRADOOOOOOOO :Trophyad4x4:
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

alsharaan wrote:
vikramd wrote:

Roy
And if you want to save your money and solve all your problems GO for PRADOOOOOOOO :Trophyad4x4:
with strong towing points :lol: , keep extra towing rope with u, strong plate, good jack............. :twisted:
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

t_almagboul

Post by t_almagboul »

stay to the jeep and never bay a Nissan :lol: :lol:

off_Road

Post by off_Road »

yes, try nissan patrol but older model
you will find it easly at 25k
7 seater and strong

Friz
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Wanted - old model Jeep Cherokee

Post by Friz »

royboy wrote: I'm strongly thinking Jeep Cherokee (old shape say around 2000 to fit within budget of ~25k, inc mods) however if something else suitable came up I might be convinced (needs to be big enough though for family of 4 with enough space for camping gear etc.).
Can I ask a favour that if you know of anyone selling a car like this could you let me know.
Hee hee, one of the best decisions you will ever make... Welcome to the Jeepers and good luck in the search. Also, if you see a nice one on the road - just ask him/her to sell.

All the best,
Friz

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

If you're off-roading alone mostly with no passengers, get urself a wrangler and put an end to all the discussions,,, simply nothing beats the Wrangler "The Chief says" hehehehehe Remember that both club founders and the Chief drive Wranglers and swear by them LOL

Would anybody DARE to disagree ??????
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

ppnath
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ppnath »

khaiwi wrote:If you're off-roading alone mostly with no passengers, get urself a wrangler and put an end to all the discussions,,, simply nothing beats the Wrangler "The Chief says" hehehehehe Remember that both club founders and the Chief drive Wranglers and swear by them LOL

Would anybody DARE to disagree ??????
:iagree: