Wanted - old model Jeep Cherokee

Items for Sale
Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

khaiwi wrote:If you're off-roading alone mostly with no passengers, get urself a wrangler and put an end to all the discussions,,, simply nothing beats the Wrangler "The Chief says" hehehehehe Remember that both club founders and the Chief drive Wranglers and swear by them LOL

Would anybody DARE to disagree ??????
.. for the sake of my stars.... Boss u r absolutely right!!!!!!

... and for all the other cases, buy a Discovery :twisted:

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

royboy
Location: Abu Dhabi for now !!@ Previously Australia, USA, Scotland, Korea, Ireland)

Post by royboy »

I didn't realise this post would slip into a Jeep vs Nissan vs LandRover vs Toyota battle - but then most threads I've read seem to end up that way! :lol:

Assuming I'm still going for a Jeep Cherokee (or maybe Wrangler but I'm not sure it'll cut it with family and camping trips) is a manual a must?

Cheers

Roy

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

No Manual is not a must ... Most of the members actually drives Automatic.

If you want a fully modified clear car, I advice you with Wildfire car .. It is very clean mashallah
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

royboy
Location: Abu Dhabi for now !!@ Previously Australia, USA, Scotland, Korea, Ireland)

Post by royboy »

iguana wrote:No Manual is not a must ... Most of the members actually drives Automatic.

If you want a fully modified clear car, I advice you with Wildfire car .. It is very clean mashallah
I have looked a his car a few times and thought yes, yes, yes - the only drawback is how suitable it is for family of four (plus its a bit more money) for camping etc. (where do I put all the stuff! - at present we fill the commander!).

Roy

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Buddy,

just keep the Commander for the family and go with the Wrangler for the fun.......
(What did I say!!! Hope no one removes my license to drive the Landrover :lol: )

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Keep the Commander for camping and use the JEEP for offroading.

It depends on how many things you take with you when you go camping. For me, I take min. things required, I don't take the full house with me while I am camping so I normally manage to squeeze my things inside a Wrangler
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

hii guys too lazy its dj112

Post by Hani AMJ »

hii if ur really looking for a cherooki thn i advise u to go to mussafah car auction...

i saw 3 really nice cherookis being sold 2001 for 10.5k 2000 9k nd 97 for 5k

it will take u som time to find.

the 2001 model was amazingly clean body,engine gear i tested the car my self nd it was an amazing deal if i had the money i wud hav got it but.....

ppnath
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ppnath »

Hi Antrax
Where is the place in mussafah ? Do you mean opp. Al Jabar?
When it will be? and what time they start?

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: hii guys too lazy its dj112

Post by vikid »

anTrax wrote:hii if ur really looking for a cherooki thn i advise u to go to mussafah car auction...

the 2001 model was amazingly clean body,engine gear i tested the car my self nd it was an amazing deal if i had the money i wud hav got it but.....
these prices are unbelievable low dude.. for the condition you are describing.. :roll:
Member #210 twoseaterwoopseater

"Take Part in Life"

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

anTrax wrote:hii if ur really looking for a cherooki thn i advise u to go to mussafah car auction...

I doubt a 2001 model for 10.5 K. I got mine for 29 K while the fair price was 24-25 K. I beleive there is something wrong with these rides :?
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

ppnath
Advanced
Advanced

Post by ppnath »

DiVeR wrote:

I doubt a 2001 model for 10.5 K. I got mine for 29 K while the fair price was 24-25 K. I beleive there is something wrong with these rides :?
Its true Diver. I heard about this car auction. Some one told me before. I guess this done by Abudhabi Municipality those are impound/seized cars....violated the rules.

royboy

Post by royboy »

thks for help folks. If anyone knows where it is or how to contact them I will follow-up.

On this subject I just looked at a 1997 jeep cherokee with ~130kms on the clock, and the bloke is looking for Dhs18,000 (private sale). its a bit rough on the inside and the outside has normal wear and tear for a ten year old car. The bonnet and roof have been re-painted which he said is due to sun type damage. I couldn't see any evidence of a crash or collision.

There didn't seem to be any leaks underneath but I didn't look at it for that long to see if anything appeared.

The engine sounds ok out it does pull a bit to the side when driving. The bloke told me about this up front and said in the price he could get the bushes replaced and the steering aligned. I'm not an expert on this so couldn't tell if he was bluffing. It has four ok tires - he said new but there's not a lot of tread left on them.

I'd like though to get an opinion though from someone knows cars better than I do (I know v.little), and who has lived here a bit longer and knows what a reasonable price would be.

Any thoughts on price?
Where can I get an independant check or at least another opinion?

thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Roy
2007 Jeep Commander with 5.7L Hemi - Oodles of potential however due to repeated physical abuse by driver it may be replaced by older cousin "Cherokee"...

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by vikid »

hi..

You could look for a higher model; Nice clean car XJ 99 - 01 should be between 20-25k.. :D

I saw some manual XJ 99/00 with a dealer in SHJ (has only XJ's) 24k .. the car looked very clean ...
Member #210 twoseaterwoopseater

"Take Part in Life"

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

iguana wrote:No Manual is not a must ... Most of the members actually drives Automatic.

Thanks Boss :oops:

I changed my mind :lol:

Actually, after thinking of it all over ..... NOTHING CAN BEAT A WRANGLER :twisted:

I've done some mathimatics and figured out that many things are very diffecult with other cars and that the Wrangler makes life EASY

The Cherokee is a very nice choice as well .... its a J33P

If what you need is more space .... get one but, make sure it is in a very good condition.
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

hii guys sorry 4 the late reply...

diver... it was a 2001 model v.clean i drove the car nd saw the registration my self and it was sold for 10.5k.

these cars are not impounded by police people are selling their cars ther.

and u cnt contact thm coz its nt a shop its like a spot wer alot of people gather and sell and bye cars. it wont be easy finding a car of ur choice ther but u never no wht might come up.

if u guys need the location its easy.

when you enter mussafah go to the roundabouts area and keep heading straight till u reach the last roundabout thn go left 3rd roundabout make a left and ull see the spot its like a fence full of cars.

if u need more info plz call 050-6910038