Cargo rack

Itemas wanted and Group Orders
SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Cargo rack

Post by SSS »

nikofin wrote:Did some calling around. Nothing in Western Motors, ARB or AEV.

Icon Auto at Dubai do have Rhino Racks for 4 door JK. And they can order racks for 2 door as well. This rack is actually connected only to the hard top and not to the body, so it's not likely to hold very heavy weights, but my need is just for camping gear and some extra fuel which it should hold fine. It looks like you can even remove the front two roof pieces because it's only attached to the back piece.
http://www.rhinorack.com.au/Vehicle_JEE ... _3875.aspx

Also I got a hint from Tizzle about http://www.blingmytruck.com/products.aspx offering Garvin and BajaRacks. Haven't checked it more yet though.

Love the Boxster rack :D Maybe I should install one for my wife's car. :D
huiuiui ... that was QUICK: we have a new member on the portal : "Bling My Truck" just signed up tonight ... welcome :mrgreen:
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

nikofin

Post by nikofin »

Yes, they are also very quick answering emails with lots of details. Looks very promising so far.

I'm going with this option http://wildernessracks.com/jeep_wrang_track.html because 30kg+ is enough for my purposes, and maybe even more importantly 2m-2.2m parking halls will still be my friends with that. With the lift kit and roof rack it would become a tough relationship.

I should be receiving it by the end of the month, so we'll see. 8-)

Bling My Truck

Post by Bling My Truck »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcome!

We've just joined AD 4x4 as a friend said that you guys are looking for some nice Jeep stuff! We're starting off small and really want to get a feel for what people want and maybe provide a couple of niche items no one else deals with.

So, I've got a couple of racks coming in this week for Jeeps, FJs, Toyota Land Cruisers etc and have a great relationship with both Garvin and BajaRack.

On the Jeep front, I'm afraid nikofin has bagged the only Garvin Trail Rack we have coming in!

However, we still have one Utility Rack available from Garvin (# 44015). This only fits the JK 4 door and mounts inside the car. http://wildernessracks.com/jeep_jk_utilityrack.html

We also have one BajaRack Roof Tent Rack (# BR-JPJK4D-EXP-1-0) which is flat at the back and has a basket at the front (also only for the JK 4 door). The BajaRack accessories coming include fuel can holders, awning mounts, spare tire mounts, ...

Let us know what you're looking for and we'll always try to help, and tell you when we can't.

UPDATE!!!!! THIS RACK IS NOW SOLD!!!!! I'LL TRY AND GET HOLD OF SOME PHOTOS OF THE RACK ONCE IT'S FITTED.
WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW WHEN MORE ARRIVE - PM ME IF YOU'D LIKE ONE PUT IN THE NEXT USA SHIPMENT
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bling My Truck on Wed May 11, 2011 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Explore your backyard!
www.blingmytruck.com is the leading online camping and offroading retailer.

nikofin

Post by nikofin »

Got my Garvin Wilderness Trail Rack delivered by Bllng My Truck this morning...

Extremely good service from the BMT guys. Delivered to door exactly on the time promised. :D

...and just finished installing it. Very easy to install. Looks and feels very solid. 8-)

desertfun

Post by desertfun »

Mabrouk, would love to see it installed. Sent you a pm to take this off-line
"No dude, your SUV is not a Jeep, and my Jeep is not a SUV!"
- - -
MOPAR Performance 2" Lift Kit with Bilstein Shocks - MOPAR Off-Road Front Bumper - MOPAR XD9000i Self-Recovery Winch - MOPAR Off-Road Oval Fog Lamps - MOPAR Off-Road Rear Bumper - MOPAR Off-Road Tire Carrier - MOPAR Steering and Swaybar Skid Plate - MOPAR 6.5" Round Off-Road Lights - MOPAR Rubber Floor Liner Kit - MOPAR Handle Grab - MOPAR Door Sill Guards - V-Cool window tinting - Garmin GPS 276C - Maxtrax sand ladder - 4.88 regear - Teraflex front axle sleeve - Detroit Truetrac front locker

Bling My Truck

Post by Bling My Truck »

Thank you for your positive feedback!

Good to know we could help and that fitting went well.

BMT Team
Explore your backyard!

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Loving the look of the rack Niko...can you post pictures up as I am interested. Need something for all the extra kit I seem to carry around!
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Blingmytruck - loving the nickname by the way.

I really like the look of the Gravin Wrangler Trail Rack. Do you think you will be ordering any more? And if so, can you let me know price etc.

Many thanks and welcome to the club.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

Big G

Post by Big G »

There is one on Defense road, right before the mobile shops. Very old and short bldg (1 storey). Right where you enter the service road
Big G

nikofin

Post by nikofin »

tillybean wrote:Loving the look of the rack Niko...can you post pictures up as I am interested. Need something for all the extra kit I seem to carry around!
Here you go Sam. As you can see from one of the pictures the glass panel can be even up when the swingaway is closed. Which is nice, because otherwise I would accidentally break the glass panel at some point :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nikofin

Post by nikofin »

Also now I finally have a good place to attach my flagpole. ;) I just need a weld a tube to one of the sidebars of the rack. Previously it has been a little bit of pain.

Bling My Truck

Post by Bling My Truck »

tillybean wrote:Blingmytruck - loving the nickname by the way.

I really like the look of the Gravin Wrangler Trail Rack. Do you think you will be ordering any more? And if so, can you let me know price etc.

Many thanks and welcome to the club.
Glad you like the name!

Pricing is AED 1,833 including delivery in the UAE.

Our monthly consolidation has just left the US, and we don't have any Garvin Trail Racks in that loading, so the next consolidation will only be at the end of April unfortunately. We hope to catch a ship early May and sea freight shipping usually takes 45 days thereafter. We will make sure to have a number of the Garvin Trail Racks included in the shipment, so anyone who is interested please PM us and we will ramp up the order accordingly so there are enough in stock.

We're sorry about the long wait, but we have been trying to import a broad range of products across a variety of vehicle types, so we can check out quality and demand before placing big stock orders on any particular item.

BMT Team
Explore your backyard!

desertfun

Post by desertfun »

Thanks Nikofin for the pics, got a clear idea now how it looks. Mabrouk!
"No dude, your SUV is not a Jeep, and my Jeep is not a SUV!"
- - -
MOPAR Performance 2" Lift Kit with Bilstein Shocks - MOPAR Off-Road Front Bumper - MOPAR XD9000i Self-Recovery Winch - MOPAR Off-Road Oval Fog Lamps - MOPAR Off-Road Rear Bumper - MOPAR Off-Road Tire Carrier - MOPAR Steering and Swaybar Skid Plate - MOPAR 6.5" Round Off-Road Lights - MOPAR Rubber Floor Liner Kit - MOPAR Handle Grab - MOPAR Door Sill Guards - V-Cool window tinting - Garmin GPS 276C - Maxtrax sand ladder - 4.88 regear - Teraflex front axle sleeve - Detroit Truetrac front locker

Ahmedhammad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Ahmedhammad »

I saw a very nice Roof Rack mounted on a JK. I will take a pic of the car and post it later today or tomorrow.

Ahmedhammad
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Ahmedhammad »

IMAG0056.jpg
Ahmedhammad wrote:I saw a very nice Roof Rack mounted on a JK. I will take a pic of the car and post it later today or tomorrow.