Cargo rack

Itemas wanted and Group Orders
desertfun

Cargo rack

Post by desertfun »

Anyone know an address in UAE that sells cargo racks, or rooftop storage solutions, for the Jeep JK?

Thanks.
"No dude, your SUV is not a Jeep, and my Jeep is not a SUV!"
- - -
MOPAR Performance 2" Lift Kit with Bilstein Shocks - MOPAR Off-Road Front Bumper - MOPAR XD9000i Self-Recovery Winch - MOPAR Off-Road Oval Fog Lamps - MOPAR Off-Road Rear Bumper - MOPAR Off-Road Tire Carrier - MOPAR Steering and Swaybar Skid Plate - MOPAR 6.5" Round Off-Road Lights - MOPAR Rubber Floor Liner Kit - MOPAR Handle Grab - MOPAR Door Sill Guards - V-Cool window tinting - Garmin GPS 276C - Maxtrax sand ladder - 4.88 regear - Teraflex front axle sleeve - Detroit Truetrac front locker

Abdoush
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Cargo rack

Post by Abdoush »

if its the standard one, then ALL Salam st. in AD shops have it :)
(Aug 26, 2009) Newbie -----> Intermediate Wanna Be
(Jan 4, 2010) Intermediate -----> Advance Wanna Be
(Dec 20, 2010) Advance -----> Explorer Wanna Be
(Mar 3, 2011) Explorer -----> Marshal Wanna Be
(Oct 17, 2011) Marshal -----> SM Wanna Be (TBA Oct 18, 2013)
PROMO: (April 10, 2012) PRE-ANIT ------> ANIT Wanna Be (just for one day)
----
Karim Haider ______Mobile: 0505313456______
Proud to be AD4x4 Happy Marshal.......

desertfun

Post by desertfun »

Heh, not sure what the standard one is:) Basically, i am looking for a cargo rack on the rooftop to store stuff up, like tie down the shovel, put up the tool box etc. Nothing too heavy duty, so basic rack would be enough. Will check out Salam stores, thanks!
- - -
MOPAR Performance 2" Lift Kit with Bilstein Shocks - MOPAR Off-Road Front Bumper - MOPAR XD9000i Self-Recovery Winch - MOPAR Off-Road Oval Fog Lamps - MOPAR Off-Road Rear Bumper - MOPAR Off-Road Tire Carrier - MOPAR Steering and Swaybar Skid Plate - MOPAR 6.5" Round Off-Road Lights - MOPAR Rubber Floor Liner Kit - MOPAR Handle Grab - MOPAR Door Sill Guards - V-Cool window tinting - Garmin GPS 276C - Maxtrax sand ladder - 4.88 regear - Teraflex front axle sleeve - Detroit Truetrac front locker

waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

i guess your looking for something like this....al masood should have them....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

I would doubt that Al Masaood has parts for Jeep's JK model, but I might be wrong :roll:

On the JK forum many people report that roof racks do not really hold the load and crash incl. the complete roof when only mounted on the fiberglass roof :?

When you check on other systems like Kargo Master or Garvin, you will also see that they are not mounted on the roof itself, but on the chassis, looks terrible but seems to do a better job. But you need to be willing to spend 500$ to 1000$++ for such proper systems :shock:

In the end, if its not enough to take the rear seats out, buy another car for loading ....

Mike
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

waqmaster
Marshal
Marshal

Post by waqmaster »

ops i miss read i thought for armada!

pls ignore :oops:

mixed from this post http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=10597

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

But some of these fittings are Standards.
So shop around.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

desertfun

Post by desertfun »

mike0967 wrote:When you check on other systems like Kargo Master or Garvin, you will also see that they are not mounted on the roof itself, but on the chassis, looks terrible but seems to do a better job. But you need to be willing to spend 500$ to 1000$++ for such proper systems :shock:
yes, and shipping fees would be quite high as well. Was hoping for local shop to check prices and discuss installation etc.
mike0967 wrote: In the end, if its not enough to take the rear seats out, buy another car for loading ....
Mike
:lol: :lol: Jeeps are not very practical indeed. I am still very new to the Jeep experience with all the practical implications such as storage space and the lack thereof. Already removed the rear seat, so maybe getting some dedicated storage boxes might be useful to prevent things from flying around, as well as these holders you place on the hood for the shovel. Then add a "hook" for the hi-lift somewhere next to the rear tire. And also need to find a solution for jerry cans somewhere on the rear bumper as well, but my mopar doesn't seem to have the space. Ah well...the search continues :D
- - -

nikofin

Post by nikofin »

Did you happen to find a roof/cargo rack from UAE for JK?

I have the mssion to find one as well...

desertfun

Post by desertfun »

No, haven't found, but haven't really searched either due to lack of time. From what i understand, the JK needs a cargo rack that is connected to the chassis of the car, not the top. That makes it heavy because you need long pipes, which also makes it expensive to buy abroad.
- - -

wolle
Advanced
Advanced

Post by wolle »

Hallo Desertfun,

on a car I had, with a Fibre Roof, I used a set of "THULE Artificial Rain Gutters Nr, 542542, this set allows you to use every system wich need gutters to be fixed. I often carried loads up to 100 kg and I never had a problem.

May be a solution?

Best regards

Wolle

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

desertfun wrote: :lol: :lol: Jeeps are not very practical indeed. :D
Does the Pope have a funny hat?
Is a ducks *** watertight?
Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?
Does a bear shit in the forest etc etc

Lets just face it - It is a Jeep thing :-)
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

Viking wrote:
desertfun wrote: :lol: :lol: Jeeps are not very practical indeed. :D
Does the Pope have a funny hat?
Is a ducks *** watertight?
Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?
Does a bear shit in the forest etc etc

Lets just face it - It is a Jeep thing :-)
All wranglers are basically convertibles, even WITH the hard top ... don't forget that, guys.
Or did anyone ever succeed in attaching a roof rack to any 4 seater cabriolet? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

EDIT : oops ... http://www.rahul.net/dennisp/boxster/boxster-rts.shtml :lol: :lol: :lol: (well ... its a 2-seater :D )
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

nikofin

Post by nikofin »

Did some calling around. Nothing in Western Motors, ARB or AEV.

Icon Auto at Dubai do have Rhino Racks for 4 door JK. And they can order racks for 2 door as well. This rack is actually connected only to the hard top and not to the body, so it's not likely to hold very heavy weights, but my need is just for camping gear and some extra fuel which it should hold fine. It looks like you can even remove the front two roof pieces because it's only attached to the back piece.
http://www.rhinorack.com.au/Vehicle_JEE ... _3875.aspx

Also I got a hint from Tizzle about http://www.blingmytruck.com/products.aspx offering Garvin and BajaRacks. Haven't checked it more yet though.

Love the Boxster rack :D Maybe I should install one for my wife's car. :D

nikofin

Post by nikofin »

This would be actually quite nice option for a roof rack: http://wildernessracks.com/jeep_wrang_track.html