Items sought for Toyota FJ

Itemas wanted and Group Orders
wasifahmed

Items sought for Toyota FJ

Post by wasifahmed »

Guys.

Any suggessions on where / who can make a custom skid plate for me for my FJ in Abu Dhabi. Idea is to get a frame made to fit the chassis on which the plate will be anchored.

Also any ideas where to source a TRD CAI and Cat Back here in the UAE. If not from where and how much.

Wasif

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Items sought for Toyota FJ

Post by Xof »

Ahmed,

get in touch with Extreme, he's taking care of FJ also now...

http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3723

good luck
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

wasifahmed wrote:Guys.

Any suggessions on where / who can make a custom skid plate for me for my FJ in Abu Dhabi. Idea is to get a frame made to fit the chassis on which the plate will be anchored.

Also any ideas where to source a TRD CAI and Cat Back here in the UAE. If not from where and how much.

Wasif
You could speak to Maddog. He has a good set up on his FJ, its a Rasta full length skid pate I think. I'm sure he has the TRD CAI too. :D
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

abekconnect

Post by abekconnect »

If you would like a skid plate i can order one for you at the same time i can get you any TRD part direct from the dealer i am a registered distributor in california. I bundel orders up and send them by air freight or by ocean depending on the size of the order and subdivide the shipment between the customers who joined in. If you are intersted give me a call at 050-4422796 ask for ABE or pass by the showroom Platinum Motors in Abu Dhabi.

Thank you

wasifahmed

Post by wasifahmed »

abekconnect wrote:If you would like a skid plate i can order one for you at the same time i can get you any TRD part direct from the dealer i am a registered distributor in california. I bundel orders up and send them by air freight or by ocean depending on the size of the order and subdivide the shipment between the customers who joined in. If you are intersted give me a call at 050-4422796 ask for ABE or pass by the showroom Platinum Motors in Abu Dhabi.

Thank you
Dude ! I am so there !! Pl give me the location of the showroom and we'll meet up.

Wasif

abekconnect

Post by abekconnect »

Located at Zayed Sport city Behind carefour airport road. It is in the same building as the Ice skating rink its called Platinum Motors. just call me before you come over cause sometimes i step out to musafah cause i am working on a few cars. 050-4422796

Oly
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Oly »

Wasif,

We met togther during a AD4x4 trip and also in Al Futtaim garage few weeks ago. How are you? Did you fix your FJ?

I am interesting also in a skid plate for my FJ. Maddog has one installed on its FJ, that seems to be a good product.

Nicolas

wasifahmed

Post by wasifahmed »

Hi Oly.

Nice ot hear from you and congrats on your first star. I'm sure in a short while there will be plenty more next to your name.

Regarding the bash plate threre are a few options available.

1. You can buy the standard plate available in the accessory list from al Futtaim. They want around AED 4,500 for it but its not a good choice.TDR actually sells this for $ 375 (part no. PT212-35072) Check the second picture below for how it looks.
2. If you still want this same item then there is a guy who can import this for you from KSA for around half the cost.
3. ICON in Dubai has a ready to fit plate that is a good buy but not sure how much it costs.
4. The final option, and one I am going to use is to get a custom plate made at Mebar in Dubai or if I can find a fabricator in Mussafah.This plate will be a full lenght affair starting at the front bumper and ending at the point where the rear drive shaft attaches on to the transfer case. This plate will not be mounted on to the chassis directly like others but will be fixed to a frame that in turn is mounted on to the chassis. The I feel is what you also need as it protects both the underside and the front bumper. The first picture will illustrate what I am saying.

Contact details for Rashad of Mebar Tuning can be found on the http://www.FJ-UAE.com website.

Lets try to meet up some time in the coming weeks to discuss this further.

And yes I did finally get my car back yesterday.

BTW how is your ride doing with those great rims and tyres.

Wasif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

gday boys

Whatever plate design you go with, try to keep some airflow to the transmission cooler. The one in the picture above is a Budbuilt, and you can see it leaves some slots for airflow to the cooler. Mine are Rasta4x4, and the cooler inlet is bigger again... Image
I say this because some of the custom plates I've seen round here are completely smooth with no inlets at all.

have a look at your tinny stock plate - the Toyota engineers saw fit to build in some cooling ducts.
Citius, Altius, Fortius - Swifter, Higher, Stronger
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

maddog wrote:gday boys

Whatever plate design you go with, try to keep some airflow to the transmission cooler. The one in the picture above is a Budbuilt, and you can see it leaves some slots for airflow to the cooler. Mine are Rasta4x4, and the cooler inlet is bigger again... Image
I say this because some of the custom plates I've seen round here are completely smooth with no inlets at all.

have a look at your tinny stock plate - the Toyota engineers saw fit to build in some cooling ducts.
Welcome back Brett, I agree with Maddog what ever custom made skidplates make sure there is enough holes to allow for airflow to cool the transmission oil, or u ll end up with overheated oil damage trans which no one thatt to happen
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

thanks bulldozer
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
maddog@ad4x4.com

MooD
Board Member
Board Member

Post by MooD »

maddog wrote:gday boys

Dear MadDog,

Could you Pm Me from where you got the Plate and its price and what is the Max Rims size Can fit Fj To use it for OffRoad and What is the Max Tires Size ????????

Thanx in Advance ..
Are you Ready For Action with MooD.....

Off RoadIng Is An Art.........................
Banna ... You will be missed but never forgotten
Others & My Rights ……

maddog
Advanced
Advanced

Post by maddog »

PM sent Mood :wink:
maddog@ad4x4.com

MooD
Board Member
Board Member

Post by MooD »

maddog wrote:PM sent Mood :wink:

THANX FOR IT..... I'll Call You When I'm Coming Back to Abu Dhabi.....
Are you Ready For Action with MooD.....

Off RoadIng Is An Art.........................
Banna ... You will be missed but never forgotten
Others & My Rights ……