Quality Car Audio

Itemas wanted and Group Orders
khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Quality Car Audio

Post by khaiwi »

First post on the new site hehehehehe

I am considering some enhancement to the car Audio system in Liwa-Rubicon. I wont be changing the head unit but the speakers and add subwoofer and amplifier(s).

Been to a few places and "as expected" everybody will give a solution different and say that his recommended brand is THE BEST hehehehe.

Your recommendations are highly appreciated. (Budget is not a worry now, but am not going extreme)

Regards,
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

TINTIN

Re: Quality Car Audio

Post by TINTIN »

I think you can't go wrong with Sony Xplod amps and 12" kenwood subs. Best quality money can buy. It pays to get all the same brand though as they are made for each other.
I think Xplod would be a nice choice, sounds great and looks good too. Let me know where you go coz I'm gonna be looking for the same my self soon.
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

I have seen Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood, JBL and now considering Kicker thinking its better quality as per the general ratings on the net.

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

My 2 fills on this topic, as i want also to upgrade. Not yet started though.

First, the basic CD/radio is OK. i will not change it. But for TV, more gizmo... up to you.

But the rear speakers NEED to be changed. You can find some around, or there are some available on quadratec, specially made for the JK.
Tweeters and front speakers are ok.

Now, 2 majors improvements :
- Bass booster. On Salam street, the shop just before X5, they told me that they could install one below the driver seat. There are some flat one, that they install inside a custom made box. I believe this is a good solution (+/- 1200dhs), as our trunks are very small and too many things are going in and out so, that is due to be damaged.

- Then you need more power. 3 Options : 1- you change the main amplifier by a bigger one (no limit!)
2- or you replace the existing one by the one from the Dodge NITRO. it is more powerfull, does not affect the warranty on electrical parts (Dodge) and match the harness and mounting frame
3- or In parallel, you install a second amplifier just for the bass booster.

Final comment : CABLING quality makes a huge difference...

Good luck Chief, and let me know!
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

xof wrote:My 2 fills on this topic, as i want also to upgrade. Not yet started though.

First, the basic CD/radio is OK. i will not change it. But for TV, more gizmo... up to you.

But the rear speakers NEED to be changed. You can find some around, or there are some available on quadratec, specially made for the JK.
Tweeters and front speakers are ok.

Now, 2 majors improvements :
- Bass booster. On Salam street, the shop just before X5, they told me that they could install one below the driver seat. There are some flat one, that they install inside a custom made box. I believe this is a good solution (+/- 1200dhs), as our trunks are very small and too many things are going in and out so, that is due to be damaged.

- Then you need more power. 3 Options : 1- you change the main amplifier by a bigger one (no limit!)
2- or you replace the existing one by the one from the Dodge NITRO. it is more powerfull, does not affect the warranty on electrical parts (Dodge) and match the harness and mounting frame
3- or In parallel, you install a second amplifier just for the bass booster.

Final comment : CABLING quality makes a huge difference...

Good luck Chief, and let me know!
The problem with the under seat sub fo rme xof is the electrics. My ZJ has electric seat so there is no space. As for the sub in the trunk, you could get a bass tube which has 2 subs inside a fibre glass/plastic composite tube which protects the speakers from damage and sounds mean as hell. or you could get a custom made shelf for some fat 12 or even 15" subs and fit them into the shelf so they are above the cargo area floor and nice and secure at the same time.
I was thinking of doing this in the ZJ but I would then need a way to get the tire out of the trunk without buying a new rear bumper/tire rack.

I may just lay the tire flat in the cargo area and see how that goes.

I'm sure you will find what you need on quadratec though, if not then Salam street is a good option.
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

heinz
Advanced
Advanced

Post by heinz »

I have a Pioneer head unit, i can connect my Ipod via USB and control it from the head unit... this is a great feature!!! (no headache with cd's and sand)

Pioneer speakers in the front and larger JBL speakers in the back... does the job... no need for subwoofer or bass boost as that would just make my interior panels rattle :roll:

JBL makes some nice speakers, Pioneer does ok ... if you have time order Kicker from Quadratec, my friend has them and he's very happy.

Good luck... hope you install them quickly... then at least we can try to follow the music if we can't keep up :twisted: :twisted:

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

I have installed an audio system for my old jeep at a shop near Zahrat Lubnan Khaledeya recommended by a friend...; the man knows his business... Anytime you go back to him after the job is complete later he will have time for you...
I will be more than happy to go with you... introduce you to him, and we can listen to what he has to say.... if you like what he has to offer ok, if not.. U will have some of what you have in your head cleared and answered...

You have my number just call me anytime you like...

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Thank you Gladiator for your time today, nice to chat with you and exchange information....

Thank you all who responded with various recommendations,

I am almost set for total solution from Kicker. Two sets of speakers, (two way and component), Kicker Enclosed Subwoofer 12" and Kicker Amplifier. It should be ready before the weekend.

:guitar: :hawaiidance: :driving:

Ali
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Ali »

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/product ... l=SPS-600C

The shop name Low Rider (moroor road)
Kamal

The head unit or "the cd receivers" are important when going for bigger speakers through amplifiers
I've got one of those
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... CD-Players

two amplifiers

ALPINE for the two kickers sub

JBL For 8 alpine speakers+ 2 jvc midum + 4 tweeters

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

There you go.

Overhead bar Speakers========================================= Kicker 05KS65 6-1/2" 2-Way 130W Car Speakers
Front Dash Element speakers with crossover and tweeters============ Kicker 05KS652 6-1/2" 2-Way Component System
Subwoofer =================================================== Kicker 07VCVR124 Single 12" CompVR Loaded Vented Box Enclosure
Four Channels Amplifier ======================================== Kicker 08ZX350.4 350W 4-Channel Amplifier
Single Channel Amplifier ======================================== Kicker 08ZX300.1 300 Watts Class A/B Mono Subwoofer Amplifier

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Hi Ali,

... this is a "you will never be stuck again" setup. Should you ever get stuck, just open the doors, pump up the volume and blow all the sand away... :lol: :lol:

I like it, looks great. Curious about the sound :wink:

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

Bradley
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Bradley »

If you want quality, there are 2 choices:

http://www.mbquartusa.com/
MB Quarts

http://www.bose.co.uk/GB/en/automotive- ... /index.jsp