My Babe Rolled Over

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

Dear Miro,
Thanks God for your safety hoping that your baby will be fixed soon. I think as chico said it is not a weakness it is a decision that we take . What is happening with experienced people can happen more easier with the beginners.

We need to start preparing a small manual for offroading , which can cover everything related to offroad. So everyone who join any trip for the first time can have the basics.
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Thank god you're OK Amir, everything else can be fixed.

Come back soon :wink: :wink:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

chico wrote: IF YOU'RE NOT SURE ... DON'T DO IT..

going down from a dune too soon or actually slowing down and getting stuck, is not a sign of weakness, it's a decision we take. and if we're not sure if we can make it, then we're much nbetter off ending stuck willingly , rather than having an unknown ending to the dune...

guys please make the right choice... be safe..
Well said Chico. This is the main thing. Never hesitate always say Yes or No .. If you see, I normally take my own route most of the time that's why I love to be at the end, I choose the route which I feel comfortable with. Sometimes it's difficult to follow the leader's route so I take an easy and safe one for me ... So thats the idea guys. Take it easy, get stuck or choose the route better than having your car rolled over
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Desert Ghost
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Desert Ghost »

Hi Miro,

Probably this is not my kinda topic to share as i always like to talk about happy news; however, i just can not leave like that without saying thanx God that you are safe and nothing bad happened to you... but tell ya one thing buddy, quick learning tips come from big mistakes and i am very sure you got that already.

I hope we will be in one trip soon to talk more about it 8)

Regards,

Mansoor

Miro
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Miro »

Thanks guys,
You're quite right Mansour, I've learned it the hard way but at least i did, As for my rig they started fixin' it today and probably will take a week or so, It's really important to highlight these sad events to all members as it's a lesson to all of us, experienced and beginners,
Never Underestimate a dune
Even the smallest one could be tricky, Drive safe and have fun
Raptor Roush '14, running 37s

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Miro wrote:Thanks guys,
You're quite right Mansour, I've learned it the hard way but at least i did, As for my rig they started fixin' it today and probably will take a week or so, It's really important to highlight these sad events to all members as it's a lesson to all of us, experienced and beginners,
Never Underestimate a dune
Even the smallest one could be tricky, Drive safe and have fun
Miro,

nice to hear that your car will be repaired soon.

I made one short Video the other day.

Whatch this

http://www.clipfish.de/player.php?video ... ODJ8Mzg%3D

A good example of a save and well organized towing.

Miro
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Miro »

Nice one chuck,
Raptor Roush '14, running 37s

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

I am very, very sorry to hear what has happened to you but so happy to know that you are OK and your car can be repaired.

Indeed, safety should come first and I trust that we all will learn from what has happened in the last weeks to some club members rolling over. :cry:
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

Miro, good to hear your OK, i have your GPS power lead for you when we next meet.

for everyone else.

off roading is a motor sport and like all motor sports it can be dangerous, care must always be taken, if in any doubt don't take that route. drive only to the level you feel comfertable with, different vehicles react differetly on the same dune, know what both you and your car can do and don't push yourself.

stay safe have fun, there is nothing to rove to anybody, you drive at the level your happy with and no harm in stopping and requesting a dirrent route of your not sure, that why we have marshals on trips, to help chose the best route for the people on that trip.
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

Waleed
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Waleed »

Doc wrote:Miro, good to hear your OK, i have your GPS power lead for you when we next meet.

for everyone else.

off roading is a motor sport and like all motor sports it can be dangerous, care must always be taken, if in any doubt don't take that route. drive only to the level you feel comfertable with, different vehicles react differetly on the same dune, know what both you and your car can do and don't push yourself.

stay safe have fun, there is nothing to rove to anybody, you drive at the level your happy with and no harm in stopping and requesting a dirrent route of your not sure, that why we have marshals on trips, to help chose the best route for the people on that trip.
:okaay:
Waleed Al-Sharaan Toyota PRADO VX 2005 B21717 +971-50-5446434 waleed@ad4x4.com
IF you haven't been to LIWA, then YOU haven't seen the DESERT yet......
Peace And Love, - - - - - Marshal