Lower back pain....

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Lower back pain....

Post by Mozi »

Ok, between yesterday and today, we must have been around 20 hours on the wheel. What do u do with the lower back pain. I am keeping a good posture and I have a pillow behind my back and I am feeling that I am screwing up my lower back :(

Comments, feedback, solutions???? :x

Mozi

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

You are driving a Hummer and complaining .. we are driving Wranglers ...... what we do is that we got used to it .... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

modify ur back :mrgreen:

kidding aside use deep heat
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Re: Lower back pain....

Post by Hani AMJ »

Mozi wrote:Ok, between yesterday and today, we must have been around 20 hours on the wheel. What do u do with the lower back pain. I am keeping a good posture and I have a pillow behind my back and I am feeling that I am screwing up my lower back :(

Comments, feedback, solutions???? :x

Mozi
A nice massage would be nice. maybe a profetional B to B message. you might have to go for Bangkok for that but it will sure do the trick

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

Buy a Land Rover.... :D
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

Try Gulf Diagnostic Center, or Polar Frost cream from the Pharmacy

advice do not ignore it
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Hi Mozi,

I know this feeling from thr MTB-racing-days....
:roll:

The best thing: Cool-it (sleep in the freezer) or use Bulldozers advice..

Hope you recover soon 8)

Jo
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

Call me in private i have soloution, :D No i kidding.

It depends on verious reasons, i became expert on back pain.

If you was driving with wallet in back pocket that can casue the back paint.

Or extra body weight could casue that

Or lack of exercise's could casue that

Or bad move

Try to take Diogeglosic Retard (hopefully i spelled it correctly) it is good medicin to take the pain out.

Call me if you have any questions 050-4579747.

Cheers
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

Seriusly just buy a land rover...the pain and expense of having to keep fixing it will take your mind completely off your back pain :D
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Mozi »

Thanks for all the feedback.

My question is this:

Many of you have seen the pillow I put behind my back when I drive. I actually put that to make myself comfy. Could this be the reason whereby I am slouching and in fact have bad posture but not feeling the bad posture because of the pillow?

Mozi

H3

Post by H3 »

Yep, seen the pillow, IMHO it may be a bit too much in the way of Lumbar support which may lead to problems long term. I tend to wake up the day after a hectic trip with a few aches and pains including a bit of lower back pain which I just put down to sitting in the car most of the day.
Have you tried adjusting the lumbar support already built into the seats? Just a thought it may well give you the lower back support needed and hopefully lessen the pain a bit. But generally as others have said, do not ignore it, Find a good Chiropractor (I think thats whatb they are called :? ) and have them check you out well worth it in the long term.

Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Mozi »

Yes Simon, I have the Lumbar support on max. I will try without the pillow next time. The pain is not permament; it lasts for a couple of days..

Mozi

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

i get the same pain when i go offraoding for a long time but 7emdelah it only lasts for 1 night (the same night) but again i drive a wrangler, and the seat in this model am driving must be the worst ever lol no side support at all and the pain i get when driving for long times ..

anyways Mozi, i dont really have anything to add here but, i would say that you should lose the pillow and if the pain still remains you should get it checked, the advice from bulldozer is priceless. Bel Salamah Man.

GentleMan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by GentleMan »

It is one of the driving effects and many people will feel better within one week after the start of back pain. After another 4-6 weeks, the back pain will likely be completely gone.

and to get better quickly:

1. Rest ... rest and rest.
2. Drive safely and stop off roading for few days. This helps calm your symptoms and reduce inflammation.
3. Apply heat or ice to the painful area. Try ice for the first 48-72 hours, then use heat after that.
4. Take over-the-counter pain relievers.
5. While sleeping, try lying in a curled-up, fetal position with a pillow between your legs. If you usually sleep on your back, place a pillow or rolled towel under your knees to relieve pressure.

If it gets worst -hopfully not- follow Buldozer and Abdulla's advice (Do Not Ignore IT!) . . .

but the highly recommended advice which is agreed by all 4x4 members:
6. Sell your car, buy (land Rover) and with the rest of the money, get for iguana, kkamro, Bulldozer, Jo, megamoe, doc, abdalla, H3, and anTrax tickets 8O to Bangkok for a cool massage. :twisted: :twisted:

Don't you agree, gyus! :twisted:

Mozi, hope you will get well soon!
Previous Nickname:[TheWhiteWolf]<br>"Ain't no easy horses, but you gotta learn to ride!" <br>Taleb.

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

TheWhiteWolf wrote:It is one of the driving effects and many people will feel better within one week after the start of back pain. After another 4-6 weeks, the back pain will likely be completely gone.

and to get better quickly:

1. Rest ... rest and rest.
2. Drive safely and stop off roading for few days. This helps calm your symptoms and reduce inflammation.
3. Apply heat or ice to the painful area. Try ice for the first 48-72 hours, then use heat after that.
4. Take over-the-counter pain relievers.
5. While sleeping, try lying in a curled-up, fetal position with a pillow between your legs. If you usually sleep on your back, place a pillow or rolled towel under your knees to relieve pressure.

If it gets worst -hopfully not- follow Buldozer and Abdulla's advice (Do Not Ignore IT!) . . .

but the highly recommended advice which is agreed by all 4x4 members:
6. Sell your car, buy (land Rover) and with the rest of the money, get for iguana, kkamro, Bulldozer, Jo, megamoe, doc, abdalla, H3, and anTrax tickets 8O to Bangkok for a cool massage. :twisted: :twisted:

Don't you agree, gyus! :twisted:

Mozi, hope you will get well soon!
Lets make a POLL for # 6 which i ll go for it :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded