Warning: thieves in Wadi Khutwa OMAN!!

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
arno

Warning: thieves in Wadi Khutwa OMAN!!

Post by arno »

Hello,

For those who plan to visit soon Wadi Khutwa in Oman near Buraimi border: TAKE CARE, DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING IN YOUR CAR!! I went there last week and some "nice" guys have hardly damaged my passenger door of my Pajero (which was in immaculate condition) to open the car and they have also opened the glove box with a big screwdriver... The thieves have taken only cash and Etisalat phone cards but I was really angry!!! I bought my Pajero 2 weeks ago and it's already seriously damaged on the body!!
Two months ago during another trip in Oman, one of friend has seen its video camera stolen during the night near Dibbah... I really thought that Oman was so peaceful but unfortunately it seems not...
So take car guys!
Wrangler 1993 4.0L White, Pajero 2005 SWB 3.0

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Warning: thieves in Wadi Khutwa OMAN!!

Post by Doc »

arno wrote:Hello,

For those who plan to visit soon Wadi Khutwa in Oman near Buraimi border: TAKE CARE, DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING IN YOUR CAR!! I went there last week and some "nice" guys have hardly damaged my passenger door of my Pajero (which was in immaculate condition) to open the car and they have also opened the glove box with a big screwdriver... The thieves have taken only cash and Etisalat phone cards but I was really angry!!! I bought my Pajero 2 weeks ago and it's already seriously damaged on the body!!
Two months ago during another trip in Oman, one of friend has seen its video camera stolen during the night near Dibbah... I really thought that Oman was so peaceful but unfortunately it seems not...
So take car guys!
I'm sorry to hear about your theift and appreciate the warning as we're going there this weekend. the good news is i can repair your car and make it like new again, BOSCH SERVICE CENTER Mussafah or SZ Road Dubai.

regards

Doc 050 6526707
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

dutt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by dutt »

Arno,

Was this on our trip this past weekend (16/02/07)?

Dutt (kirk)

dutt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by dutt »

I think I have mistaken your identity. Arne (not Arno) with a Pajero went to Oman this past weekend.

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

It happen to me in Dibba beach where i got my binacular stollen.

You need to hide your valuable,lock the cars (In this it did not work) and keep avigilant eyes when you are in these places.
Sorry to hear that man,Hope you fix your car soon
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

arno

Post by arno »

in fact this place is famous for robbery! one of colleague in my company forgot his mobile in his car in the same wadi and it also disappeared... for your information I got back my Pajero from "AXA insurance" workshop and work was very well done!
Doc, I might need your services for my Wrangler; my wife suceeded to hit a fence in Sweihan :-) ! Hopefully this car is so strong!
Wrangler 1993 4.0L White, Pajero 2005 SWB 3.0

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

Good to hear the car's feeling better again.

your Jeep is more than welcome anytime.

just drop me a line on 050 6526707 :D
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.