Liwa, my Cherokee and the Roll over, Thanks for everything

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Liwa, my Cherokee and the Roll over, Thanks for everything

Post by Chuck »

Hi guys,

i want to say thank you to all of you for the outstanding and amazing support and immediate assistance i received before and after my "Roll over" at the Liwa Trip.

I really appreciated yesterday, that all of you took me and Tobias in your middle, asked several times if everything is ok, gave us good and helpfull advises and also recovered my Baby after it got stuck at the very very end of the trip.

Even the terrain was sometimes quite rough after the accident ( and i was maybe a bit too much sensitive then ), you always gave me a good feeling that we are one group out there and that we will reach to Mureeb even with a damaged car as one group what ever will come.

I hope that i can give back some of this to some of you one day.

I want to say thank you to All of you guys ( sorry, i do not know all the names ) Jo, Ali, Bulldozer, Charisma, Iguana and also to Omar, which took a lot of care of me and introduced me also today to one nice workshop in Mussafah.

Btw, they will fix the red one and i will have it back on coming saturday.

I also want to take this occation to ask the Wrangler drivers to re-think their cars safety when they have a soft top only. You all saw what happened to my Cherokee after 3 Rolls sidewards on soft sand only. I believe, with a soft topped Wrangler such things can end up much more dangerous.

Chuck
Last edited by Chuck on Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Mozi »

Sorry to hear about the roll over. Glad you are safe.

Best wishes,

Mozi

Abo Omar
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abo Omar »

Good ur safe man ....
and good to know the u ll be on tracks soon...
Omar Kamel-Member # 007

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Chuck man, thank GOD that you & your friend are fine, sorry to hear about your red one but everyrhing can be fixed. Help is offered here whenever you need :wink: :wink:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad

Karim
:geek:

Hiso
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Hiso »

Sorry to know about your car Roll over Chuck; hope that every thing is ok. It is a very bad experience but thanks god that you haven’t bodily heart & for returning back safely. :heart: :heart:
Last edited by Hiso on Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grand Cherokee 96 with no modification .............. yet :twisted: :twisted:
HAISSAM 050- 611 4 223

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

hey glad u're good chuck, i know exactly how u feel :mrgreen: the good thing is always u're okay. everything else can be fixed
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

U can thank us by coming to the track as soon as possible
Keep in mind that ONE TO ALL & ALL TO ONE thats :ad4x4: every body here for u & for anyone needs help or advice
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Chuck, we are always here to help each other, we risk our life together while offroading and anything could happen to any of us.

Good that you and Tobias are fine and safe, car will be fixed in no time, the 4.6L Engine will be running soon under the Hood and we will offroad again.

For the Soft top Wranglers, don't forget that we have a factory fitted roll cage :lol: :lol: :lol:

To all, please drive safe and enjoy the desert, any body had a roll over can tell you that he will never forget the feeling of being in a Washing Machine while the car was rolling over. So please take care and drive safe.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

chuck i would to congratulate you on your high spirit. as I told you before, this could happen to the best of drivers. I’m glad that this will not keep you off the sand. see you soon buddy.

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

Chuck, very sad to hear what has happend but happy to hear you and Tobias are fine, sand is a very difficult surface to drive on and as previuosly stated it can happen and does happen to the most experianced of drivers, as long as your OK the vehicle damage is irrelevant, good to hear your were streight back on the horse and see you on the sand again soon.

to all newbie members and intermidiates, the liwa dunes in many places are very extreem with different sand to other areas in the UAE, this was an advanced trip and with that comes increased risk, please do not be put off your off roading by these incidents, newbie and intermidiate trips are planed with your upmost safety in mind, off road driving is fun and at all but extreem levels is generaly safe, see you all soon. :D
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

Miro
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Miro »

Thank god that you're safe and Tobias too, So glad to hear that he red one is gonna be fine too... give me a call if you need any man :wink:
Raptor Roush '14, running 37s

dutt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by dutt »

Excuse me if this is off-topic or irreverent, but....

Got any pictures?

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

That was the situation after the roll over.

On this pictures actually the roof was bended back already to the outside by somebody.

Everywhere inside was Sand. Yesterday we took out almost 2 Buckets of Sand.

It is also very important that everything inside the car is fixed. I had some items flying around in the car during the accident.

Desert Ghost
Marshal
Marshal

Re: Liwa, my Cherokee and the Roll over, Thanks for everythi

Post by Desert Ghost »

Sup chuck, this is abdulla (Mansoor is my user name in ad4x4). (Purple Jeep :lol: ) hope after all you still remember me hehe

Well, sorry if the track was a bit difficult, yet I was trying my best to avoid all the difficulties and those extreme duns, but you know it is LIWA MAAAN. I just wanna tell you that I was really proud of you and your friend that you guys weren't panicking after the roll over and you made it all the way to Mourab.

I am glad that most of the guys did enjoy the trip and don't worry, we are going to have much fun next time with extra caution.

Regards,

Mansoor

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Re: Liwa, my Cherokee and the Roll over, Thanks for everythi

Post by Bulldozer »

Mansoor wrote:Sup chuck, this is abdulla (Mansoor is my user name in ad4x4). (Purple Jeep :lol: ) hope after all you still remember me hehe

Well, sorry if the track was a bit difficult, yet I was trying my best to avoid all the difficulties and those extreme duns, but you know it is LIWA MAAAN. I just wanna tell you that I was really proud of you and your friend that you guys weren't panicking after the roll over and you made it all the way to Mo3b.

I am glad that most of the guys did enjoy the trip and don't worry, we are going to have much fun next time with extra caution.

Regards,

Mansoor
Mansoor maqsart U & the rest of the guys, we (except the incident) we really enjoyed the trip but as u said its LIWA no argue about that, SO from now onward only ADVANCE trips will be there

SAFETY FIRST
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded