Liwa, my Cherokee and the Roll over, Thanks for everything

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Chuck, Thank God you and your friend are alright :) sorry abt the accident man but am glad your okay .. the car will be fixed hopefully and it'll be just fine inshalla ...

the important thing is that everyone is okay, and thanks for the advice

can you tell us how this happened, it might be useful for the others to maybe avoid such things

Ghanem
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Ghanem »

Sorry to hear about that Chuc. Glad you are safe.
2009 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2009
2008 Mitsubishi Pajero 3.8 Ltr.

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

Nice tires man! :lol:

Kopf hoch , scheiss drauf , passiert halt.
Weiter machen.Bisschen mehr aufpassen...aber das sagt man natuerlich immer danach. :wink:
Jetzt weisst du wenigstens wo die Grenzen liegen!

As long as you're fine...its jst a bit of body damage.

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Hi anTrax and Abdulla ( of course i still remember you ), :D

sorry, i missed your names in my first post, but i did not forget you two at all for your outstanding help you gave me.

Thanks to all for your nice replies. As Arnold said in one of his movies....

I'll be back !!

How it happened ?
The whole thing developed in milliseconds, too fast to react at all. Normally i would say i should have made a steer to the left as soon i felt the car will start to roll, but it was too late at all.

Nothing to do as to await the things which will come. Thanks god that it came out just as bended metal.

In general it was like that: I drove on a quite heavy dune on the right slope with a bowl to my left. I felt at the beginning already that it will be tricky and tried to have my front up to the dune a little. Unfortunatly the car slowed down at half almost to stand still and my back went down to the bowl.

That was the moment when i had no chance anymore to go to reverse or ( due to the front up and no time to shift to reverse ) go down forward into the bowl.

The car got stuck and started immediatly to roll over. It happened that quick and the situation came out of almost nowhere. After all, when we where standing in the bowl, it would be much more clever for me to take the way trough the bowl before, instead of going sideways.

Maybe the Wranglers are much more capable to do this things, because Mansoor took the same way as me without having a roll over, but it looked tight also from behind.

Anyway, that is the baby today, back on the track soon.

But after all, it was an amazing and unforgetable Trip with very nice people in one of the most beautyfull landscapes of a beloved country of mine, ...the United Arab Emirates.

@Kris,
ja so kanns gehn. Ich kann Dir sagen, die Jungs die dabei warn sind einfach klasse. Ohne die wär ich da niemals mehr raus gekommen. Und das bisschen Blech, das lässt sich locker reparieren. Kommst Du eigentlich auch ab und zu mal in die UAE ? Würd Dich mal gern kennen lernen.

Grüssle

Uwe

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

Hemm it sounds like some situation i got in once, but thank God nothing happened.

Hope everything goes well with the jeep :D

drive safe guys

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

Chuck ,
klar , ich komme immer in den Semesterferien nach Dubai , aber meistens nicht oft nach Abu Dhabi..wuerde gerne mal mit euch allen in die Wueste , hab aber erstmal mein hinteres Differential kaputt gemacht..ueberleg ob ich eine Ford 8.8 Hinterachse einbaue mit Scheibenbremsen...mal schauen wie's mit der Finanzierung aussieht!

Shisha in Abu Dhabi when i'm back in Dubai if we dont have a trip to Sweihan!
Get to know more u ad4x4-ers.i figured out where havana cafe and stuff is , so i'm down with that :D

What i suggest u do while u have the seats out like that , is look under the carpet where the seat mounts are.Check if the edges cracked because of the stress.
U can jst weld it & paint it if it did crack.Quick look doesnt hurt :wink:

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

Dear Chuck i am glad you are okay, and so sorry about RED, but man health is the most important thing and every thing can be fixed, i hope to see you soon on trips, and please let me know how i can help.

Khaldoun Amro
Honda MRV

:heart: :heart: :heart:
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

chico
Advanced
Advanced

Post by chico »

so sorry to hear about your rollover man, thank god you're ok this is all that matters.

Sharbel

Post by Sharbel »

DAMN ...
thts bad to see :(
good thing ur ok....

Patrol POWER
SD -
If im goin to hell, Im goin in my Nissan Patrol

desertfalc0n
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by desertfalc0n »

Dear Chuck, sorry to hear about the incident, good thing is everyone is all good.. Thanks for the information you keep providing us, first about the stroke engine which is veryy informative and now the way how the incident happened.

See you again in the desert, and hey piece of advice get a wrangler matee, IT ROCKSSSS ;)