Cleaning the engine

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Christopher
Intermediate
Intermediate

Cleaning the engine

Post by Christopher »

to all jeepers out there?

how do you clean the engine? can u give any tips? what to look for where to clean and etc..etc..

i've been trying to clean it, and i don't think im doing a good job.... :oops: :(

Miro
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Miro »

Hey there..
From personel experience, I've done it in the agency for approx 250 Dhs, then i've done it in ADNOC with exactly the same machine (Bilstein) and it gave me the same effect, it's something really important to do every once and a while...

Adnoc also have another way where they put washing oil in your engine and keep running for like 15 mins... i've tried it also once but the first is more effective because of the pressure of the machine
Raptor Roush '14, running 37s

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

tried that as well with both my cars. seems to be really good..

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Are you talking about engine flush (Washing the engine from inside?) or just washing the engine?

If it is just washing the engine of a Wrangler ... Just have a high pressure hose and wash it.

If flushing then as Miro said
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Christopher
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Christopher »

thanks for the reply guys,

iguana.. what i meant was just washing the engine...

and if an engine flush would really help ... why not...

miro, if you use a high pressure hose... won't that destroy some of the electrics?

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

Chris,

Bring it to me at BOSCH Mussafah, I have both the bilstein for inside the engine and a steam cleaner + detergent for the outside of the engine, there are also set precautions that need to be addressed when cleaning the outside of the engine. Give me a call on 050 6526707 were open till 5pm today.

Doc.
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

Christopher
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by Christopher »

Doc wrote:Chris,

Bring it to me at BOSCH Mussafah, I have both the bilstein for inside the engine and a steam cleaner + detergent for the outside of the engine, there are also set precautions that need to be addressed when cleaning the outside of the engine. Give me a call on 050 6526707 were open till 5pm today.

Doc.
Doc, thanks for the tip !! unfortunately, i am based here in dubai... i'll be working till 6pm today... :(

i will definitely give you a call when im in abudhabi !!! thanks again.

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

No worries.

i also have a BOSCH Service Center in Dubai on SZ Road next to off road motors showroom, they can also offer the same service, just give me a call when you go there and i will arrange discount. PS they also close at 5pm but open on Sat. 8am till 5pm

hope this helps.

Doc.
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.