Verdict on E+ fuel.

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Verdict on E+ fuel.

Post by Mozi »

I was reading the archives on E+ fuel and there ws no conclusion. anyone using it, effect on power and mileage? ahve been using it since i bought my car and all is good... i read that it is all the same, all marketting.. So?

thanks,

Mozi

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

E+ has 91 octane which is not meant for all cars. Usually american cars can run with 87 octane, but german cars needs more, some will say 95 and some needs 97, you have to look at the car's manual. I know someone who has a BMW and used E+, it caused serious damage to his car and ended up paying 4000 dhs to repair it.

I was watching a program on discovery the other day, they tested different cars with different octane levels and measured the output power with each car and each fuel type.

It was noticed that as octane level increases, the output power increases, some cars showed a difference of 15 BHP between the highest and lowest octane.

I use 97 octane on my turbo patrol because it is programmed to use 97 to get better power results.
The jeeper is back.

kareemamr
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Verdict on E+ fuel.

Post by kareemamr »

Mozi wrote:I was reading the archives on E+ fuel and there ws no conclusion. anyone using it, effect on power and mileage? ahve been using it since i bought my car and all is good... i read that it is all the same, all marketting.. So?

thanks,

Mozi
I switched to eplus a while ago for me i feel the car is a bit stronger as surfer said i guess higher octans means higher output but thats just my pajero i am not sure about other cars ..
When the going gets tough , The Tough Gets going

Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Verdict on E+ fuel.

Post by Mozi »

kareemamr wrote:
Mozi wrote:I was reading the archives on E+ fuel and there ws no conclusion. anyone using it, effect on power and mileage? ahve been using it since i bought my car and all is good... i read that it is all the same, all marketting.. So?

thanks,

Mozi
I switched to eplus a while ago for me i feel the car is a bit stronger as surfer said i guess higher octans means higher output but thats just my pajero i am not sure about other cars ..
Karim, E+ is lower Octane than "special" and "super"

Best,

Mozi