Mud Terrain Tires for my H3

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Mud Terrain Tires for my H3

Post by Mozi »

This the tire I am planning on getting:

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/overview ... /1152.html

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Ti ... -TA-KM.htm

It is MT, but supposedly the street drive is ok as well, 750 AED a pop, but I am super excited to put on these babies and attack the dunes next weekend in Liwa :)

Tell me what you think or if there is anything I need to look out for please....

Many thanks

Mozi

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Mozi
Those tires are noisy on the road. I have tried them. I bought and fitted on my car and drove fromSharjah to Abu Dhabi straight into another shpo and changed them. Thet are so noisy man.

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

well i havnt heard abt the BFG M/T, but i heard that the A/T are great tire long lasting tyres, the only problem that i've heard of is that the sidewalls are very stiff (3 ply, M/T and A/T) so you have to deflat to under 15psi to get a good track, and by doing that you could risk the tyre to pop off the wheel.

now all that is regarding a wrangler, an H3 is a heavy truck so i dont think you have to deflat that much, but also the heavier the car the easier the tyre pops off.

i didnt want to post this cause i thought it might confuse you, but then i thought that you might want to know these things, am sure the guys here will help you get the best tyre.

other M/Ts are yokahama, kumho, cooper, interco (i dont know if these are avilable here)

i dont know how these tyres perform, but am beting on the yokohama M/Ts.

sorry if i might confuse you Mozi :oops:

Tamraz
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Tamraz »

Mozi...

M/T disadvantages:

8) 6-8 months of bearable noise because you will be happy with the marvelous dune climbing performance
Once the rubber gets harder in the UAE from the 9-12th month you really can't bear the noise beacuse it comes with Resonance inside the Cabin. I Mean un bearable noise really.
8) Lugs get worn out by the 12th month.. they are just cut as if someone cut them with a razor..especially the rear ones. The Rear ones depth of lugs go so close to the tyre main surface while the Front ones stay a little higher. in my case reached 1cm and 2 cm at the Front tyres.

8) Very Very poor breaking performance even with the ABS on tarmac because of the very little area of contact to the road

8) Cheapest of all is Yokohama Geolander ( I nstalled them during the whole 2006). BF Goodrich the most expensive of all. Cooper and Kumho in between... M/T's are way cheaper than normal tyres.

8) You will loose all the engine (acceleration) nervousness especially speeding from zero ( Car will not serve Lebanese laloones departing when the light turns green :lol: )

So in conclusion if your H3 is your single ride, please do not install M/T 's because of the overwhelming negative consequences Vs. the improved dune surfing pleasure...

I see that you have invested some time on searching so you may as well search the BFGoodrich A/T which is in My opinion the best "optimum" tyre for your case :wink: (believe me I Know how you feel and what you dream of!)

Besides after we drove together solo in Liwa at such speed without one single stuck..what else do you need man !!!!

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Mozi,

Enough said by other members. Get A/T tires for ur H3 and ur done.
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

I have the BF Goodrich A/T and happy with it, im deflating to 8 PSI when offroading.
The jeeper is back.

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

surfer wrote:I have the BF Goodrich A/T and happy with it, im deflating to 8 PSI when offroading.
8psi on a wrangleris OK, but never on H3. I had the BF's AT on my Patrol for almost 2 years and had several pop outs at 12-13 psi..... Heavy trucks need to be about 14-15 psi based on the terrain and driving style.

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Mozi »

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I wanted these meany ugly looking things :) I will stick with the A/T. Futtaim is out of stock but National Tire has some. Car is in shop fixing the old kissing session with Kalemero Patrol. Should be done in a couple of days and then straight to National Tire in time for the A/T.

Many thanks

Mozi

bukhamis
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by bukhamis »

khaiwi wrote:
surfer wrote:I have the BF Goodrich A/T and happy with it, im deflating to 8 PSI when offroading.
Heavy trucks need to be about 14-15 psi based on the terrain and driving style.
Don't worry..he does not have any style :lol:
BuKhamis

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

bukhamis wrote:
khaiwi wrote:
Heavy trucks need to be about 14-15 psi based on the terrain and driving style.
May be you have not seen him drivin lately, he was with me in LIWA

bukhamis
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by bukhamis »

khaiwi wrote:
bukhamis wrote:
khaiwi wrote: Heavy trucks need to be about 14-15 psi based on the terrain and driving style.
May be you have not seen him drivin lately, he was with me in LIWA
As a matter of fact, I have seen him driving my car... :lol: . its modified now
BuKhamis