CO2 tanks

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
surfer
Advanced
Advanced

CO2 tanks

Post by surfer »

Anyone tried the CO2 tanks to infalte his tyres ? Last week when my tyre came off the rim, i used the tank overboost has, it inflates the tyre very fast, good for situations when the tyre comes off the rim.

You can find more here :

http://www.discountjeepparts.com/index. ... th/909_912
The jeeper is back.

H3

N2

Post by H3 »

Havent tried the CO2 tanks but have got a Breating Apparatus cylinder charged with 3000psi of nitrogen, much faster inflation than a compressor. Costs 60Dhs to fill and good for 2 trips inflating 285/75/16's from 12psi to 35psi, the good thing about N2 as a gas is it does not expand or contract unlike air. So if you have lets say a tyre filled with nitrogen and you deflate to your desired pressure, you will not experience an increase in pressure owing to the tyre heating up during desert or any other conditions. Deflate a hot air filled tyre in the middle of the day, drive aroud for a bit and your 15psi has become 18psi due to expansion of the air owing to heat, then deflate back to 15psi and camp out the night. Owing to the cool night air the tyre pressure may now only be 12psi in the morning due to the air contraction, requireing a top up. Nitrogen plus CO2 is used in aircraft tyres as they have to undergo massive temperature changes during a flight and the tyre pressures on an airliner are somewhat critical as you can imagine.
Sorry for the Physics lecture, next week the Ideal gas laws, Boyles and Charles laws respectively. Nah, can't remember that stuff from college too well so we will leave it there.

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Yep, used it several times (not mine), it inflates real fast and can inflate poped out tires in notime. Good alternative to compressors, but needs to be filled up each time you go out and should be secured in a very safe way.

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

the 10lb tank is good for around 30 tyres and its filled up for 20 dhs (correct me if im wrong overboost). Im planning to buy the 15lb it costs 230 + 150 shipping cost (dollars).
The jeeper is back.

overboost
Advanced
Advanced

Post by overboost »

I have Co2 tank since last winter it is perfect system it has a static pressure (Max 150PSI) and flow at a consistent 120PSI (very fast). The tank capacity is 5kg and it cost me 25Dhs to fill the tank. Usually it is enough to fill around 30-35 tiers from 13 - 32 PSI ( as experienced ). I recommend the co2 system for serious off-roader :)

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

yah ok it might be better but it cost alot , the bushranger air max is only 500 dhs u pay it once and thats it.

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

I tried the tank today, it inflated my tyre from 13 to 32 psi in 40 seconds.
The jeeper is back.