H3 + New Member

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

H3 + New Member

Post by Mozi »

Hi all,

megamo directed me to this forum (thanks again). I am a new member and hope to be a constructive memeber. I just bought an H3 and would like to know how it does overall on your trips.

Many thanks

Mozi

bukhamis
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by bukhamis »

Welcome aboard Mozi. Please fasten your seat belt, get the required gear, relax and enjoy the trips. Thank you for choosing AD4x4. We hope to see you soon.
BuKhamis

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Welcome to the club and hope you will join us in one of our trips.
Welcome on board
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Welcome aboard MOZI, and look forward to meeting you on one of our trips, where you will get the club bug and start joining us on every trip.............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

welcome Mozi, we have lots of H3 drivers in here, H3, Baz and Sampatia all have H3s and they're performing very good in the desert.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

Mozi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Mozi »

Thanks for all the welcomes!

What is the fastest way to start?

Intro post?

Register for next meeting and / or trip?

Test?

Mozi

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

you've already started. all u have to do now is just check the calendar and register for the events on the trips forum. and it'll be nice to introduce urself to other members in the introduction thread. there is no need to attend a meeting or anything except that showing up at the day of the trip and from there u start the real fun.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Welcome to the club Mozi. Now we have a fleet of 4 H3s .. hehhehehe It's a great car in the desert if you know how to use it and keep the air bag switch Off when you are offroading.

First step is to answer your PM with details and informtion required. Then check the calender, join us on a trip. get infected by the bug, go home full of sand and ran to the computer to write a comment or post pictures.

Next step, trying to convince your self that H3 is better than the Wrangler.

Next step, try to convince your wife (If you are maried) that you will buy a cheap Wrangler for only AED 2,000 to take it to the desert to keep the H3 clean.

Then, you start looking for a Wrangler, buy one for AED 50K, ask Khaiwi about the next Quadratec order, place and order of AED 40,000 and wait for the next order to modify more ... and here you go, fully infected like most of us.

Hope you will enjoy the club and our trips and company
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

hmmmm yah sure welcome to the club :D

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

iguana wrote:Welcome to the club Mozi. Now we have a fleet of 4 H3s .. hehhehehe It's a great car in the desert if you know how to use it and keep the air bag switch Off when you are offroading.

First step is to answer your PM with details and informtion required. Then check the calender, join us on a trip. get infected by the bug, go home full of sand and ran to the computer to write a comment or post pictures.

Next step, trying to convince your self that H3 is better than the Wrangler.

Next step, try to convince your wife (If you are maried) that you will buy a cheap Wrangler for only AED 2,000 to take it to the desert to keep the H3 clean.

Then, you start looking for a Wrangler, buy one for AED 50K, ask Khaiwi about the next Quadratec order, place and order of AED 40,000 and wait for the next order to modify more ... and here you go, fully infected like most of us.

Hope you will enjoy the club and our trips and company
"The above movie is based on a true story" :together:

I am in the part where the actor is searching for a second car :reading:

:D :D :D

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Post by DiVeR »

Mr. Mozi

Go to the gallery and surf into "Newbie trip" of 4-11-06, you will find some pictures of H3's :okaay:

H3

Allow me to introduce myself....

Post by H3 »

Firstly, welcome to the club Mozi, looking forward to seeing another HUMMER out on the trips, got to get back at these "jeepers" sorry Megamoe and Iguana et al, we "H3'ers" just feel a little out numbered just now! And don't have to spend on Quadratec orders.........No I'm not going to get into that "my cars better than yours" this club is more mature than that.....I hope.....

I have been waiting for this oppotunity for quite a while, following the negative reports from other clubs in the UAE regarding the H3 and being sick and tired of their biased, unjustified reports.
I was not too happy with the performance of my H3 when I first took it out to the dunes. It basically performs very well now I have made some changes, the first thing being the side steps removed and replaced with the lower profile rock sliders that fit closer to the sills. No need to fit the sliders if you do not plan to do much wadi/rocky type driving but drop the steps to help in the dunes. My WIfe is only 5 foot and has now perfected an elegant and easy exit and entry to the vehicle without them. I never used them as it was.
Secondly the "bad year" tyres are a heap of sh1t, I have replaced them with BF Goodrich 285/75/r16 AT/KO's and run at 12 psi without any tyre off rim situations. It was a big transformation from the "bad years" like driving a completely different car. Thanks to Fouad of uae4x4 for that advice. Baz another H3 owner has fitted 33" Mickey Thompsons and they perform equally well, maybe better, havent had chance to compare.
Thirdly you may have noted the vehicle appears to slope down to the front, a simple adjustment of the torsion bars on the front suspension will pay remedy to that and level the front and rear of the vehicle. PM me for details on how its done, pretty simple process, and follow up with dealer for wheel alignment issues on warranty FOC.
Its like anything some folk have their opinions on the H3 and I have read them on the other forums and to be quite honest they are bullsh1t.

Enjoy your H3, I do.
PS later model build codes which I suspect you have just purchased have the airbag deployment problem solved with a newly callibrated rollover sensor. Mine has just been replaced on warranty, but will pull fuse no 27 to prevent reprercussions in future.
Additionally, these mods may not be necessary apart from the tyres, just depends on how you adapt to the car offroad and your sure abillity.
Hope this helps. Simon. H3.

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

Respect Simon.
finally someone that doesnt cry around aww my car sucks..the H3 sucks..good on you.
You can easily throw on 285's on there , that'll give u the necessary flotation.

the rest is upto you , where u make it go...dont believe any BS car reports by some nerdy boys who sit in offices all day ,rather than know how to make the car do what they want it to.

fine so the 5 cylinder cant climb Moreeb in one go , but by being smart you can go up the back and end up at the same spot like the others do.

dont let anyone badmouth your car.chances are they cant make it move in the desert.

congrats on your new car man.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Just confirm,ing what H3 is saying. I heard a lot of BS about H3 earlier. Heavy, slow, moves like a duck, only good in USA, it's a beach buggy not an offroad car ..... blah blah blah. But after I saw Simon in driving it with us ... let me say :behold: It's a lovely car, smooth, and easy. Simon goes anywhere and it also looks cool.

So congratulations on your new ride

By the way Simon, we love the issue of my car is better than yours, specially with Patrols, and to make it more fun, the only option we have on the wrangler (apart from the 4WD) is a switch to switch off the air bag system while offroading ... so we don't hear BBBBBBBAAAAAAAANNNNGGGG in the middle of the desert.

See, my car is better than yours :roll: :roll:
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

H3

Post by H3 »

Hey nice replies Kris and Islam, like I said I will pull fuse no 27 (Ref. manual section 5 page 98/99 for other owners of the H3) to avoid any further airbag explosions although dealer assures me the problem is fixed with the new rollover module fitted. Though a switch would be nice, so maybe you are right, yours is better than mine in a way, beit a small advantage.