Lights

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
4x4er
Advanced
Advanced

Lights

Post by 4x4er »

Hey all,

Been searching for a pair of lights for my Jeep, and one set I've really liked are the ones that are fixed on the police LandCruisers! Anyone know if these are available in the market? And if so, how much a pair?

Am looking for a kinda cheap pair, maybe around AED 350 max for a pair, and not the really small lights. So looks like all the big names are out.. Any nice ones available in Sharjah or somewhere?

Thanx

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

i doubt u'll find any good lights for 350 pair
i am planning to buy the Hella lights for and warn spot lights to replace all my "coco mambo" lights
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

My advice, buy a branded ones which are 100 Watts and above. Cheap ones will be only 50 Watts and this means that they are useless.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

yah i think from quadratec u'll find something good with good price , mine spot lights KC 150 watts and the price is 450 dhs

4x4er
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 4x4er »

MOE!! I like your lights.. If you're getting rid of them, throw them this way!

Will give you a call..

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

u mean u like the looks of it, cause from the 4 lights on the top only 2 are working and the one on the bumper none is working :mrgreen:
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Chevy Silverado Z71

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

check the wiring on those Moe.

usually it's just a faulty earth wire or a loose connection from all the shaking.
Those lights are easy to take apart and fix , it's all very basic stuff...why dont u just put some 100W bulbs in them if the wiring loom can take it ? that'll light your stuff up nicely , its a cheaper solution! :wink: you just have to be patient...yuck...

one of my fog lights isnt working....its driving me insane...i re-did the wiring..it worked...it stopped , i checked the wiring..perfect...i opened it , totally rusted & a cracked mount for the bulb...no problem...polish and improvise for a mount...it worked...now it stopped working...
time to stop being stingy and buy a new one...but i'm not throwing it away! ill get it to work again...watch... :twisted:
lights are really simple to fix..dont throw them awayyyy!! 8O

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

i fixed all the lights today, all working, the problem was with the relay, fautly relay 8)
Chevy Silverado Z71

4x4er
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 4x4er »

Nice to know I open a thread and Moe gets his lights fixed!! :x

:twisted: