Pics for Iguana!

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Pics for Iguana!

Post by Kris »

Hey man , since i didnt make it to Abu Dhabi with my YJ that day we met , i thought i'd actually show u pics..coz i cant remember actually showing u any of my baby that ive put all my time into!

1st trip : clutch line burst..broken bleeder valve-this was her "stock" when i got her.self-made K&N filter , custom headers , shackle lift , throttle body spacer , 265's on stock rims that rubbed at full lock.

2nd trip (after lifting her) : 4wheel vacuum tubes leaking...no 4wheel drive.

3rd trip : new rims , tires ,exhaust...loose ignition cable shorted the system-blew the fuse.no replacement.

4th trip , no pics-too angry , went to Sweihan , overheated on the road , got into the sand , 4wheel stopped working , drive home , clutch line bursts just as i pull into the driveway.

These ones are from my past time in Dubai after ripping the dash apart , re-doing the wiring , sorting out my 4wheel drive with the posi-lok system ,stripping the entire rear area, adding the soundbar , wires , sparkplugs,upgraded ignition coil ,AEM filter , 3 core aluminium radiator , lower temp thermostat , lights ..work i had done :changed the bushings , got rid of all the rust , fixed the doors , replaced the windscreen & frame.

showering my sis with sand : :twisted: (my fav pic!)
sexy dont u think?
wheel cover given to me by a friend-part of the 3aJeep Wrangler Rally YJ support team! :lol:

Cool_ati2ud : its worth it in the end.
I spent the same amount on the car as the amount i bought it for.
Did almost all the work myself & i'm telling you , none of the installations went 100% without problems (except the radiator & the wires & ignition coil) , but its fun & when the car runs without problems...3aJEEEEP! :lol:

jeep
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jeep »

Kris man this is my 3ajeep copy rights man :D :D :D

nice looking car , hmmm and white color healthy like the milk 8)

PHANTOM
Advanced
Advanced

Post by PHANTOM »

u r right , its worth it especially with jeep 8).
thanx kris , and inshallah when my car is ready , i will post mine with the new modification :D

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Lovely car Kris. I love what you are doing (Fixing it your self) I consider you the YJ expert as you had really done a great job with yours.

I am always dreaming of having time to do the same as you have done. Take a car, put it in the Garage strip it to the bones and start redoing it again. But I don't have time.

I can see now wht are you so proud of your car. You have done it your self. Great car and great job man.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

Wow nice pix Kris 8)
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Member #1, Proudly the Main Founder.,
Chevy Silverado Z71

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

Thanks guys.My pleasure sharing with you!

Mods are simple , not too flashy , more function than show , which is exactly how i like it! They work well & point is they work! :wink:

i'm not a YJ expert , i just love working on the car & have some good guidance when i do it.

For jobs where i'm not 100% sure , i look it up online for write-ups & go for it , usually alone or with a friend.This is his YJ.

For bigger jobs & stuff i cant do , i take my tools to a garage that my father's been going to for over 20-years , they let me stay somewhere out of the way , do the work..when i need help i just ask the guys , i can use their tools but i dont usually..except for like a hydraulic lifting platform or if i need something welded ...
i am considering changing garages to a fellow4x4-er's new garage to support him in the early stages of what is a great garage with mechanical geniuses!

it is very time consuming , but i love it...you learn a lot when u do things yourself..and the feeling u get when u fixed something is amazing...or when the car has a problem in the desert , you can fix it on the spot...you also look at solving problems totally differently..

Only things i hate doing are stuff with electrics & i really dont want to overhaul the differential by myself!

Hopefully one day i'll make the effort & drive down to Abu Dhabi & u guys can show me some of your sand!
It would be a pleasure to see all your excellently-prepped jeeps , nissans & Mpenzi's FJC in action!
Or maybe Sweihan?!

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

isnt that Seb's 3aJeep? i met Seb once with Tamraz Jr. and he is a genious, so him opening a garage will be great, he fixed few cars in sport during last year in sweihan. looking forward to give him a visit when he opens officially.
FIRST, BEST and BIGGEST offroading club, we will always be LEADING, others will just FOLLOW....
Chevy Silverado Z71

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Leave your study Kris, come here, live in a tent in the desert and enjoy the sand everyday :lol: :lol: :lol:

When are you coming, we can even go all the way to Dubai and arrange a trip there when you come.

Tell us when your friend is opening his Garage, it'll be a plus point to the club as well to have a Garage in Dubai.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Kris
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Kris »

wish i could come live in a tent!!

3 more years til i finish my degree!

Yeh that's Seb's 3aJeep , he's currently leading the quads category in his 2nd desert fun..
but Seb's not opening his own garage...Robbie is.

some of the guys working in that workshop...wow..

im late for uni! browsing sites while having breakfast... :lol:

MegaMoe
Main Founder - Member #1
Main Founder - Member #1

Post by MegaMoe »

oh its Robbie's Garage, the one in Al Quoz, Good, now i have a special d/c there because i know the owner and his friend. that last time i went with Robbie was in Sweihan.
Chevy Silverado Z71