To all new members

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
QARUOTY

Re: To all new members

Post by QARUOTY »

I'm reedy for every thing

Sharkas

Post by Sharkas »

Im also ya qaruoty

Muhammed

Post by Muhammed »

Thank you Iguana!

I must commend on your organisation - good job!!!

Please allow me to introduce myself, I am Muhammed Sarwar, been in the UAE for 38 years now, live and work in Dubai. I drive the FJ Cruiser, have done a wee bit of modifications to it. I like adventure so I am usually found in the desert on Friday mornings, I would love to explore the Abu Dhabi Desert - Liwa and Hameem always seem to attract me for some reason.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
You have only one life!

Muhammed Sarwar
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Dubai_JK

Post by Dubai_JK »

hmmmmm :?
hi all
i've just registered before few mins lol .. well .. i'm Abdullah ... from dubai .. driving JK Wrangler .. hope that I could join you guys in your trips..

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Welcome to the club Dubai_JK and Muhammed and hope to see you in the sand soon.

Just an FYI - Jo is running an ANIT from Dubai this weekend - 17 June - if this appeals to you. His trips are great fun :)
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

To all new members

Post by desert_hawk »

Welcome to the club Abdulla from Dubai
Hope you enjoy your time here, see you soon on the sand.
tillybean wrote:Welcome to the club Dubai_JK and Muhammed and hope to see you in the sand soon.
Sam, who's Muhammed?!?? :mrgreen:
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Muhammed wrote:Thank you Iguana!

I must commend on your organisation - good job!!!

Please allow me to introduce myself, I am Muhammed Sarwar, been in the UAE for 38 years now, live and work in Dubai. I drive the FJ Cruiser, have done a wee bit of modifications to it. I like adventure so I am usually found in the desert on Friday mornings, I would love to explore the Abu Dhabi Desert - Liwa and Hameem always seem to attract me for some reason.

Desert_Hawk....do you need my glasses ?? :lol: :shock:
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

To all new members

Post by desert_hawk »

tillybean wrote: Desert_Hawk....do you need my glasses ?? :lol: :shock:
Sam, yes, apparently I need glasses, obviously other than teasing you. :mrgreen:

Muhammed, welcome to the club, it's a pleasure to welcome a fellow FJ comrad ;)
Hope to see you soon on sand, and looking forward to know more about the mods you made on your ride
FJCRUISER

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

That's it D-H : never going to let you drive my Jeep now :lol: ;) and you know you want to :lol:
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

To all new members

Post by desert_hawk »

tillybean wrote:That's it D-H : never going to let you drive my Jeep now :lol: ;) and you know you want to :lol:
Sorry to disappoint u, but don't fancy it 8-)
FJCRUISER

Tonka Toy Killer

Post by Tonka Toy Killer »

Hi just signed up today. Might be moving to Dubai for work and checking out some off roading wed site's.
I have been off roading for almost 20 yrs and have been competing for the past 5. Mostly rock crawlin and the last 3 yrs Ultra 4 series.( High speed desert-rock style race)
Built from scratch my last two buggy's. (Yes includes the chassi) and have done a tone of custom work on all my Jeeps in the past.
I just sold my 2006 LJ wrangler with a custom lift on King coil overs and 39's.
I used to love the exploring part of off roading but found the structured events a little hard to deal with. ( Might have to swallow some pride here) Well depends upon the company I guess.

I do have a few questions about rules for vechical modifications and such. E.G. tire size, bumper height's and engine mods... What about custom built off road only vechicals. Can you drive them around??? If anyone can comment shoot me a PM.

So If I don't post is because I have nothing to add, and I'm lurking around checking things out. And if I do move then I'm sure I'll meet a few of you one day.

Jamie
(Canadian if it matters much)

alejvid

Post by alejvid »

Hello all,

My name is Alejandro and I've arrived three weeks ago to abu Dhabi. I am from Spain and move here because my work.
I have bought a Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2011 but it is still in the dealer. I am waiting all the paperwork to get my driving license converted... I hope to have sorted out everything next week and attend one of your trip as soon as possible.
Regarding insurance, should I do something special before join any of your trips?

Hope to see you soon!!

Alejandro.

Cheryl and Ron

Post by Cheryl and Ron »

Hi all,

We're total newbies. 2nd time in the UAE - We were here in 2007-9 and then went to China for a while. Back now. This time we really want to get into off-roading. Have bought a Prado LWB 4 litre just for that purpose.
Looking forward to going out the first time.

Can anyone tell me how we find out about new trips coming up for newbies? - Or do I just keep checking the "Trips and Events" page every week??

Ron
Cheryl And Ron

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Hi Cheryl and Ron,

welcome in AD4x4. Yes, it is simple as this, just check the trips and events and the Newbie forum, sign up, receive the SMS and have fun....

See ypu out there..

Jo
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

tillybean
Advanced
Advanced

Post by tillybean »

Hi Cheryl and Ron

As Jo says, just keep checking back and sign up for the first ANIT that you see posted. An ANIT trip (absolute newbie information trip) is the starting off point for AD4x4 and is a great way to meet other new club members, as well as some old faces :lol:

I usually post ANIT's on our FB page which can be found at "abu dhabi 4x4" and also via our twitter....if I remember!!

Welcome to the club and hope to see you in the sand soon.
Tillybean / Sam

050 130 2128