The time has come for my patrol

Must read before joining any trip, general information about the club, grading system, , organization, rules, etc…
iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

So you will be our Turbo advisor then.

From my knowldge on Saloon cars, Turbo works after speed of 50-60 KM/H. How does your upgrade works? is it the same?

You got a Mustang too ... Man you love speed.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

oligofriend
Advanced
Advanced

Post by oligofriend »

yes i think the same as well.
but i cant blame him becose i love also sports cars but not the american one(generally all the american cars)
my lovely unbeatable old lady (patrol 1992).....LAND CRUISER KILLER!!!

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

We have alot of people in dubai and sharjah fitting turbos and superchargers in their 4x4s. ben sulayem workshop installed it for more than 800 cars so far, he is the best but there are so many workshops which are doing it. i guess we have less restrictions in terms of police presence, its common to see them around, some people go to the extreme and their patrols can beat up E55s which has 500+ hp. you can not imagine how powerful some of those are, but you have to come one day, ill take you to their playing ground.

A friend of mine goes off road with a group of jeepers, he says there are some wranglers with superchargers and some wih NOS .

I like cars with fast acceleration but i dont drive fast, driving fast puts you and others in danger, i always stick to speed limits, sometime I push it when the road is clear and im driving alone, I wanted to buy a grand cheeroke srt 8 instead of the mustang, but i didnt.

I didnt like american cars too, but the value you get for the price is good, i payed 133k dhs, 60,000 km service contract, 5 years unlimited warranty and one year insurance and best of all the engine noise, i couldnt resist it.

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

usually the turbo kicks in above 3000 rpm, you will feel the boost.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Yes. I love th eMustang sound.

I have a Lumina too. The S type not the SS. My wife did not agree on an SS, she said it's too fast. The car is great, fast and was a good value of money, I bought mine new in 2003 for AED 76K with 3 year Warrenty. The only car with this same price range at that time was a Toyota Camry and a Honda Accord. But let me tell you, at a speed of 160KM and above, the Lumina is not stable at all, I used to have an E 320. I use to drive this car upto 240KM/h with no stability issues at all. Now with the Lumina, I am scared to go over 180.
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

surfer
Advanced
Advanced

Post by surfer »

when it comes to stability and safety, german cars rule. I had a clk 320 earlier, i used to reach 260 kmph on emirates roads (when life was beatiful and there wasnt any cameras or much traffic ) with no fears, with the mustang i rarely go above 160, usually i stick to 140 in dubai and 160 in AD, stability is an issue especially on wet road, with the merc i didnt care for rain, but now im very careful when it rains.

when you get married and have children, you have to think twice before speeding, its not worth it.

Sharbel

Post by Sharbel »

PATROL POWER FOREVER

8)

SD -
If im goin to hell, Im goin in my Nissan Patrol