DONATIONS NEEDED

As it says business to business for AD4x4 members.
TINTIN

DONATIONS NEEDED

Post by TINTIN »

Dear valued club members. My wife (Mrs. TINTIN) is a grade 1 teacher in the American International School of Abu Dhabi (AISA) and is also the founder & organizer of the AISA International Night which is held every April in Abu Dhabi.
This organization last year raised money to help build a school for sick & orphaned children in Cambodia which was a great success.
This year the cause is for a clininc in India which is in desperate need of some financial help, which my wife will be helping with the money raised from the International night activities.
Last year they held a Worldwide fashion show on the schools grounds to showcase Internationalism in the school, having such a diverse mix of nationalities in the school made for a very interesting and colourful show that was recorded for a local T.V station.

This year we want it to be even bigger so I am asking you, my dear family, if you own or know of somebody who owns, runs or has partnership in a business which could offer a gift as a raffle pize this would be extremely appreciated by not only me, my wife and the school, but by the many people in the area which the clinic is to be built.

The prizes could be pretty much anything for instance, if you can organize a meal for 2 - 4 people as a prize in a resteraunt, or if you own/manage/have partnership in a clothing store maybe you can donate vouchers for your store, even a Dhow cruise or free Limo ride.... ANYTHING.

Taking into consideration that 100% of the proceeds go to charity anybody who does donate will have the peace of mind that they made a difference with this small gesture of kindness.

If anybody can arange for this to happen please let me know and I will arrange with the school for a letter of autherization from the schools Director to garauntee the authenicity of the charity.

Your thoughts and suggestions are highly appreciated.

Regards.

Tony & Fay.

Mr. & Mrs. TINTIN. :wink:
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

How about a desert trip with BBQ at the end of it? This could be tailored to the person who wins it from a sedate run out in the sand to an all out Al Magboul special?

Thats a pretty special day for anyone, courtesy of AD4x4! (The Bosses permission obviously required :!: )

Just an idea.......Andy

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

I'm one step ahead of you, well kind of. I will be trying to organize (with help and permission of course) a big fun drive to raise money fo rthe cause, I am in the process of making plans for this. I am not going to include the drive in the raffle because some people may not like to be in the desert with there life potentially in a strangers hands (wierd I know). For example, there is one friend of ours who works in the school who is great with boats, but she went off-roading one time with a tour company and was almost crying from fear, and they went very easy. Because of this I will make a seperate post when the time is closer for a VERY BIG fun day in the desert with games and prizes and such.

Thanks for the idea though Andy, glad to see somebody is watching. :wink:
050 880 2485
with stuff

And more to come.

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

:oops: Boost :oops:
050 880 2485
with stuff

And more to come.

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

Sorry mate, you got my best idea, as for donations from my company dont think anyone would want a dirty great pipeline valve as a prize... :roll:

Abu Jaguar

Some answers needed please

Post by Abu Jaguar »

Well Can I ask few questions about the Clinic and where in India and what speciality ?

You know some extra information might help .

As I am working in a charitable Foundation anyway I might ( not promise) can put them in .

I am in a different section than these Programmes( Investments) but I will try .

So they may ask questions as always ???????????????????? I have to be ready with some anwers.

Salam
Abu Jaguar Bin Za3lan Al Bahra

Happy now ?
____________________________________________________________________________________

Cherokee

Post by Cherokee »

I'm one of the Sales Managers at the Four Points by Sheraton Sh. Zayed Road & Downtown properties & I would be willing to lend a helping hand. I therefore would appreciate if you can kindly forward an offical letter about the event & also authentication of the Charity so that I can put forth the same to Public Relations & see how best we can be a part of this.

Kindly e-mail the documents to <bruce.mascarenhas@fourpoints.com>

Cheers,
Cherokee (Bruce)
Vehicle: Dodge Durango 2005
Phone: +971 50 491-623-1
Bruce P. Mascarenhas<br>+971 50 491-623-1<br>

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Thanks Semo & Bruce, I am waiting for my wifes school to draft the letters and gather all details for me. I should have all the info by next week, but as soon as I get it I will email a copy or can deliver a copy by hand if you preffer an original for you records.

Thanks for the help. If it is ok with your group Bruce we will be looking for raffle draw prizes such as a meal for 2 or a spa day, something along those lines.

Any way, we can arrange that when the time comes.

Regards.

Tony.
050 880 2485
with stuff

And more to come.

Hani AMJ
Founder & Webmaster
Founder & Webmaster

Post by Hani AMJ »

I would like to share a story with you guys,

Yesterday, the marshals of AD4x4 got together for a casual meeting over coffee and shish for some chitchat. Naturally every one showed up with their cars and parked it outside Marina café next to marina mall. We had around 20 marshals showing up therefore we had around 20 cars parked outside. Kermit and I put together a funny plan to black mail the marshals into donating something. Once all of us where gathered inside the coffee shop, Kermit deflated a single tire from every marshals car and removed the Valve/Pin from the tire. Those where sold back to the marshal after the meeting for 15 AED each and an extra 20 AED for whom ever wanted a compressor LOOOOL
Please contact me to pass on the donations

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

:newlol:

Lesson learned :

1: Antrax and Kermitt are :twisted:

2: never go out for a drink without your compressor! :wink:
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

anTrax wrote:I would like to share a story with you guys,

Yesterday, the marshals of AD4x4 got together for a casual meeting over coffee and shish for some chitchat. Naturally every one showed up with their cars and parked it outside Marina café next to marina mall. We had around 20 marshals showing up therefore we had around 20 cars parked outside. Kermit and I put together a funny plan to black mail the marshals into donating something. Once all of us where gathered inside the coffee shop, Kermit deflated a single tire from every marshals car and removed the Valve/Pin from the tire. Those where sold back to the marshal after the meeting for 15 AED each and an extra 20 AED for whom ever wanted a compressor LOOOOL
Please contact me to pass on the donations
I like your style Hani, very interesting. If you are willing to donate just give me a call and I will come to pick whatever you have up.
As for the organization, up to now I know that it is a Red Crescent charity. My wife should hear from them today or maybe Saturday about recieving official documents regarding charity numbers and contact numbers in the Red Crescent.
As I said, I will either email or personaly deliver a copy to whomever can arrange activities for the raffle.

All though cash is very much needed by the charity, we are looking for companies to donate such things as a meal for 2 or vouchers for retail outlets to be used as raffle prizes at the end of the night.
This hopefully will also be good (free :wink: ) publicity for all companies involved as we are hoping Gulf News &/or Khaleej times to be there, maybe even The National. This is not yet finalized but we are still in the early stages for this years event so please keep your ideas/offers coming in as we need all the support we can get.

Regards.

Tony.
050 880 2485
with stuff

And more to come.

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

I think it is a great ideas Tintin and I am with you on this all tghe way
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

Thank you Hani+Amin, as always we appreciated your inititiave. :mrgreen: You know, I am always there to help the kids.

BTW, why don't you tell the rest of the story

:lol: :lol: :lol:
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Ok people, here is the email I got from my wife this morning regarding detail about the charity. I should have the letters by the end of the day to scan and send to anybody who is willing to help out.
the clinic is called H.C. or Healthy Clinic. It is being built from the ground up by various charitable activities that have been happening around AISA. The total cost for the medical clinic is dhs. 91,000 and so far AISA has been able to raise roughly 47,000.
It is located in Calicut, India which is in the southern indian state of Kerala. Calicut is also sometimes referred to as Kozhikode.
This charity is through the Red Crescent, UAE and the serial number is 6/2008.
If you need any more information let me know and I'll try and get it!
If anybody needs anything else just let me know and I will do what I can for you.
050 880 2485
with stuff

And more to come.

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Ok, so it seems that the generosity of this countries people is shining more and more every day. Dr. Sulaiman Al Fahim, the CEO of Hydra Properties has donated the remaining money to the Indian clinic charity making it possible for the clinic to be built.
God Bless him for his kind generosity.

As it stands the school is now scouting for a new charity to help with donations. We are still looking for events to be donated to the cause for raffle prizes to raise money for the needy so please, try your best to help in any way possible.

Thanks.

Tony.
050 880 2485
with stuff

And more to come.