ITIL and IT Service Management

As it says business to business for AD4x4 members.
Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

ITIL and IT Service Management

Post by Viking »

Hi
I am Eric the Viking and currently I am working with ITIL processes. For those of you that are not familiar with this I will try to explain. ITIL stands for IT Infrastructure Library and is an internationally well known framework for how to handle IT in the most efficient way. ITIL is widely spread all over the world and is starting to get bigger also in this region. I am certified ITIL Service Manager which is the highest available certification right now.
ITIL contains of several processes such as:
Incident Management - How to take handle issues such as breakdown or similar disturbancies
Problem Management - How to solve the underlying cause of incidents and prevent them from happening again
Change Management - How to make changes in the IT environment in a controlled and safe way
Etc etc
I am currently involved in an ITIL implementation project in Abu Dhabi. This will be my fourth project and the result is always amazing (not only because of me) when you see that totally chaos gets replaced with well defined processes, routines, role descriptions and instructions. Things are documented and analyzed properly and regular reporting are done.
So what I am offering you is basically a consultation and discussion partner if you need to know anything about ITIL or want to discuss how your IT environment is doing compared to an ITIL compliant IT service provider. I would be more than happy to give you some advice on what could be done and what definitely should be done in order to improve quality and decrease the cost (YES at the same time)

By the way I am also a former Commanding Officer Submarine so if anyone in this forum owns a submarine I can do some training on how to handle it. I am pretty sure you are not allowed to have torpedoes onboard so I guess I dont have to train you in that :-)

Just PM me in case you need ITIL support or own a submarine and need training :lol: :lol:
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

khaiwi
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by khaiwi »

Thank you Viking for your generous offer.

Driving a Jeep means we are always floating and will never sink, but other members driving different 4x4 brands would need your expertese in submarine field.... hehehehe.

I am Manager Systems Admin and we are implementing ITIL in our company, am already certified on ITIL V3 foundation and need to complete the Service Manager track, so we need to chat sometime during one of the trips.

Cheers
Did 650 Off Road trips so far (26- Jun-2022) and counting
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......

My ride: https://revkit.com/the-shark

If you haven't been to LIWA, you haven't seen the desert yet......Dare you follow me? !!!!

And if you haven't seen Jeeping in Moab, you don't know what you're missing.

Never settle for less....

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

khaiwi wrote:Thank you Viking for your generous offer.

Driving a Jeep means we are always floating and will never sink, but other members driving different 4x4 brands would need your expertese in submarine field.... hehehehe.

I am Manager Systems Admin and we are implementing ITIL in our company, am already certified on ITIL V3 foundation and need to complete the Service Manager track, so we need to chat sometime during one of the trips.

Cheers
I look forward to that. I am currently studying v3 as my Service Manager examination was on v2. I will try and attend a Bridge Training course during this year in order to update me fully. I would like to know more about your implementation, what stage you are at and what struggles you have and have had etc. I might have some valuable input to your coming stages and what to expect.

So what you say is that my experience from Submarines will be useful with my Nissan Patrol :lol:
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

DiVeR
Advanced
Advanced

Re: ITIL and IT Service Management

Post by DiVeR »

Viking wrote:
By the way I am also a former Commanding Officer Submarine
Woww 8) British Navy :?:
diver@ad4x4.com (Member #70)

Two amazing places: Underwater & Offroad