Clean Cars

All discussions related to your non-4x4. Mods, Maintenance, events, drag etc
Fox
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Clean Cars

Post by Fox »

Just heard for the first time that someone got fined by traffice police for driving a dirty car in Abu Dhabi.
The fine was AED 400.

braveheart
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Clean Cars

Post by braveheart »

That's true Fox, you could be fined if driving a dirty car :wink:
but that's an easy one to avoid, just tell them am on my way to the station to clean it :lol:
There is only one BRAVEHEART in this club

omar_kid77
Marshal
Marshal

Post by omar_kid77 »

braveheart wrote:That's true Fox, you could be fined if driving a dirty car :wink:
but that's an easy one to avoid, just tell them am on my way to the station to clean it :lol:
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
It's not the car, it's the driver WHO can make it.
Omar Daoud 050 4120334

Fox
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Fox »

[quote="braveheart"]That's true Fox, you could be fined if driving a dirty car :wink:
but that's an easy one to avoid, just tell them am on my way to the station to clean it :lol:[/quote]

That's what my colleague told them, but he was abviously not convincing enough !

Xtreme
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Xtreme »

Fox wrote:That's what my colleague told them, but he was abviously not convincing enough !
Yeah, maybe they just caught him 100 m after the petrol station. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You will never never Know, If You never never Go.
Xtreme (aka Rober Raouf)
Black Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 2005 3.0L with 2" Old Man Emu
Mob.: +971 50 811 9940

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Just another thing, when I left to go on vacation the Municipality had put notices on several dirty cars outside my flat, a neighbour translated it, basically it said that if the car was not cleaned within 14 days of the date of the notice, it would be towed away! and a hefty fee to get it back again.

Had to rush around sorting out a car washer for a month, the old guy was reluctant to do it as the Police were arresting car washers. bloody barmy.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Mac wrote:Just another thing, when I left to go on vacation the Municipality had put notices on several dirty cars outside my flat, a neighbour translated it, basically it said that if the car was not cleaned within 14 days of the date of the notice, it would be towed away! and a hefty fee to get it back again.

Had to rush around sorting out a car washer for a month, the old guy was reluctant to do it as the Police were arresting car washers. bloody barmy.
So how do you get a clean car if yuo cannot get somebody to wash it? I guess its a nice money making scam for ADNOC eh? :evil:
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

Fox
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Fox »

There are car washers around, but they are not allowed to wash cars on the road, so they need SMALL buckets and wipe the car gently with soft cloth while noone is around.

I wonder wether a plastic cover over the car is the solution for someone going on vacations ?

wasifahmed

Post by wasifahmed »

Guys let me tell you about those notices the municipality puts on dirty / neglected / abandoned cars.

There was a rent a car place in the building next to mine that close up a month before last Ramadan. They left around twelve cars parked around the building gathering dust taking up much needed parking.

After seeing them idle for more than an month I regestered a complaint on this with 800 555 the government contact centre.

Nothing happened for a while than around three weeks later someone called and asked me regarding the location. Shortly after these cars sported notices on the front and rear glass.

Three months passed without any further development and then one day I returned for lunch and noticed some of the cars were towed away.

the rest, around four cars, are still stiing in the same position they were in from last year. Some have flat tyres apart from being covered in dust still sporting faded notice stickers on the glasses.

This just brings up the fact that actually the authorities dont really care. We who live in that area don't find parking but they have no issues with these abandoned cars still lying there gathering dust.

On the face of this they have the gall to give this person a ticket for driving a dirty car. How fair do you think this is.

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

Wasif,
wake up in the middle of the night, get your tow rope, pull the abandonned car in the middle of the street, then park and go back to bed. :twisted:
believe me, the car will be removed within an hour if it creates a major traffic jam.
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

wasifahmed

Post by wasifahmed »

And I would probably be on a one way ticket out of here as well. God didn't know I was so unpopular with you guys !!

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Wasabi »

xof wrote:Wasif,
wake up in the middle of the night, get your tow rope, pull the abandonned car in the middle of the street, then park and go back to bed. :twisted:
believe me, the car will be removed within an hour if it creates a major traffic jam.

Sorry Xof but on this one I do back up Wassif!!!!! Do you think this is a constructive solution?
Yes the Police does nothing. If you are turning around your building everyday an hour to be able to find a park place where you can park your car without getting any tickets, believe me you would not say this.
:evil:

Wasabi
We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

8O :?: :newidea: :?:

:mrgreen: guys, you definitely need to buy JEEPS (for people who doesn't take life seriously) and stop driving Toys (for old people who needs reliability and confort)... You'll see, life is so much fun with a wrangler! :mrgreen:

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Wasabi »

So what you mean is, the people who has small cars are young, not reliable and uncomfortable..I do not think that many people agree with you. So you can not say much by looking at somebody's car if he/she is fun or not, otherwise the world would have been an easy place..
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:lol:
:cheers1:

Wasabi
We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

:mesorry: i don't talk to toyota owners... :twisted:

:makingfun:
disclaimer : this is not serious of course, coz i drive a jeep...