This is what happens.....................

All discussions related to your non-4x4. Mods, Maintenance, events, drag etc
Nasser
Advanced
Advanced

Re: This is what happens.....................

Post by Nasser »

Andy wrote:
Nasser, Im sorry to hear about you troubles as well, I hope its not too long until its fixed. Do you have any idea, how or why its broke?
Yes Andy, I suspect it is due to a difficult recovery I did last week :(

There was this Pathfinder similar to yours (or should I say another plastic pig :mrgreen: ) which was literally hanging nose down in a small bowl and there was no way to pull it out except from the rear with 4 brutal snatches and I strongly suspect this was the reason for the front axle problem. The other problem is a normal one that recurs due to 5 months of continuous abuse offroad :twisted: rear differential noise.

LESSONS LEARNT: (strange that although I am aware of this, I did not implement it)

Avoid brutal snatches as much as u can. Brutal snatches directly impact the axles, gear box and chasis 8O

Use expanding tow ropes....the expansion process minimizes the strain on your rig and produces kinetic energy that kicks into action to help pull out a stuck.

Whenever possible, reverse to the stuck vehicle and use your rear towing points (as opposed to your front towing points) as this minimizes any adverse effects to your vehicle. :wink:

I am sure others will have more input on this issue.
Jeep Wrangler Sport 2014 in Dune Shade ~~~~For Sale~~~~
Nasser Al Karby - 0506668026

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

TINTIN wrote:
Andy wrote:Maddog/Joy your right the the "Plastig Pig" really threw its toys out yesterday! Not only has the driveshaft gone but as I unloaded all my gear the tailgate rams failed and the gate came down on me........ :twisted:

This morning i got a call from the garage and they cant get the car open as either battery has failed or the key fob has failed (there is no key)....... 8O

Maddog, I normally recover the same way as you letting the weight and momentun of the car do the work, but the Bulldog recovery was a little different we pulling his, rather heavy truck, uphill out of a bowl. We had two snatch straps joined together and I was reversing almost up to his car and then accelerating hard in Low and then keeping the power on once it snatched, we did this maybe 15-20 times until we got him out of the bowl..... Im pretty sure this is where the inital damaged occured, I did hear a crack from the front left, but couldnt see anything when I looked, but i think this is when the CV joint began to fail.

Oh well, hopefully a few days and I will have her back and then I need to sweetalk her again.......maybe i might go wild and buy her a new air freshener.... :chick:

Nasser, Im sorry to hear about you troubles as well, I hope its not too long until its fixed. Do you have any idea, how or why its broke?
:oops: That makers me feel really guilty you know. I hope it gets fixed soon and doesn't cost you too much mate. :x
Easy cowboy my truck is on lease and it wont cost me a penny, I have an Xterra whlie the pig gets its leg fixed.... :lol:

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

Nasser wrote:
Andy wrote:
Yes Andy, I suspect it is due to a difficult recovery I did last week :(

There was this Pathfinder similar to yours (or should I say another plastic pig :mrgreen: ) which was literally hanging nose down in a small bowl and there was no way to pull it out except from the rear with 4 brutal snatches and I strongly suspect this was the reason for the front axle problem. The other problem is a normal one that recurs due to 5 months of continuous abuse offroad :twisted: rear differential noise.

LESSONS LEARNT: (strange that although I am aware of this, I did not implement it)

Avoid brutal snatches as much as u can. Brutal snatches directly impact the axles, gear box and chasis 8O

Use expanding tow ropes....the expansion process minimizes the strain on your rig and produces kinetic energy that kicks into action to help pull out a stuck.

Whenever possible, reverse to the stuck vehicle and use your rear towing points (as opposed to your front towing points) as this minimizes any adverse effects to your vehicle. :wink:

I am sure others will have more input on this issue.
Does this make it a 1-1 draw then? 1 broken Pathfinder and 1 broken Jeep... :mrgreen:

Trouble is mate we have to do what we have to do. There is no way you would have left him just to save your truck and neither would I. we can only minimise what damage we do.

Hope its fixed soon my friend.

TINTIN

Post by TINTIN »

Andy wrote:
TINTIN wrote:
Andy wrote:Maddog/Joy your right the the "Plastig Pig" really threw its toys out yesterday! Not only has the driveshaft gone but as I unloaded all my gear the tailgate rams failed and the gate came down on me........ :twisted:

This morning i got a call from the garage and they cant get the car open as either battery has failed or the key fob has failed (there is no key)....... 8O

Maddog, I normally recover the same way as you letting the weight and momentun of the car do the work, but the Bulldog recovery was a little different we pulling his, rather heavy truck, uphill out of a bowl. We had two snatch straps joined together and I was reversing almost up to his car and then accelerating hard in Low and then keeping the power on once it snatched, we did this maybe 15-20 times until we got him out of the bowl..... Im pretty sure this is where the inital damaged occured, I did hear a crack from the front left, but couldnt see anything when I looked, but i think this is when the CV joint began to fail.

Oh well, hopefully a few days and I will have her back and then I need to sweetalk her again.......maybe i might go wild and buy her a new air freshener.... :chick:

:oops: That makers me feel really guilty you know. I hope it gets fixed soon and doesn't cost you too much mate. :x
Easy cowboy my truck is on lease and it wont cost me a penny, I have an Xterra whlie the pig gets its leg fixed.... :lol:
Well in that case :party: New leg for piggy. I still hope it gets better soon though mate. How is the xterra anyway?
050 880 2485
1998 ZJ 5.2L V8 (The Bulldog)
with stuff

And more to come.

{ZJ's ROOL ALL THE REST DROOL}

Barkil
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Barkil »

Andy, just for your records, i was faaaar away, deep in the jungles of Dubai :lol:
Sorry to hear what happened to Piggy 8O . Go to the hospital take some flowers, work a little more on your relationship :chick:
Soon u will be as good as new
Forgive and forget