Tyre Pop Outs, Check your tyres

All discussions related to your non-4x4. Mods, Maintenance, events, drag etc
Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tyre Pop Outs, Check your tyres

Post by Mac »

Now I know the more experienced members will know this, but as we have a few New members thought I would post this. I have recently had my wheels balanced as I had a " wobble " at about 70kms per hour. One wheel was very stubborn and the guys had trouble in balancing it correctly. After removing the whole tyre there was a lot of sand inside the tyre itself. This was cleaned out and hey presto no more "wobbles". It had been several weeks since I had had a tyre pop out in the sand, and the upshot is, If you have a tyre pop out in the desert, have the tyre removed asap to remove excess sand, it is incredible how a small amount can affect the performance and ultimately the tyre wear. I have had a recent Pop out, and same again, terrible wobble, but a quick trip to tyre shop removed the sand and the problem. :jeeping:
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Hi Mac,

thats a very good point. Thanks! :D

Btw. whats about this Brian Johnson thing ? Sorry for OT. :oops:
Image <br><br>Image<br>

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Thanks Mac that is a very good informatio.
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

vikid
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Tyre Pop Outs, Check your tyres

Post by vikid »

Mac wrote:Now I know the more experienced members will know this, but as we have a few New members thought I would post this. I have recently had my wheels balanced as I had a " wobble " at about 70kms per hour. One wheel was very stubborn and the guys had trouble in balancing it correctly. After removing the whole tyre there was a lot of sand inside the tyre itself. This was cleaned out and hey presto no more "wobbles". It had been several weeks since I had had a tyre pop out in the sand, and the upshot is, If you have a tyre pop out in the desert, have the tyre removed asap to remove excess sand, it is incredible how a small amount can affect the performance and ultimately the tyre wear. I have had a recent Pop out, and same again, terrible wobble, but a quick trip to tyre shop removed the sand and the problem. :jeeping:

:iagree: when i had the tyre pop in one of the night drives; while driving home i had terrible wobble but thanks to mansoor & bulldozer i was made aware of the wobble, next day got it cleaned up and wobble disappeared. 8)
Member #210 twoseaterwoopseater

"Take Part in Life"

Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Mac »

Chuck wrote:Hi Mac,

thats a very good point. Thanks! :D

Btw. whats about this Brian Johnson thing ? Sorry for OT. :oops:
I am hoping to meet up with him in a few weeks in UK, depending on his schedule as he is busy at home in Sarasota, Florida writing his musical. He has no immediate plans to visit/tour Middle East, but if he does we will have him rocking & rolling in the dunes. Have some pics at home in UK which I will try and upload.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

Another case when you may feel the tyres viberating is after driving on wet sand ( depends on the wheels ) as the wet sand will acumilate inside or out side the wheel (again depending on the wheel) ....... And how to get rid of it is easy .... just spray it whith water.
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

Bradley
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Bradley »

Good point to keepin mind. :iagree:
Bradley
Liberty - ARB Lift kit, MT mags & 32" Tyres