Beatel

All discussions related to your non-4x4. Mods, Maintenance, events, drag etc
WildFire

Beatel

Post by WildFire »

Nice old VW.... would be great for city use

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

In my opinion those are the best cars ever built. I use to have one when I was in university ... Ofcourse I fitted a 2.2 Engine (The VW Mini Bus), double carburator, Full Exhaust system, lowered suspension, bigger tires and wider arches. I was racing everybody with it and no one was able to beat me (Avg. car in Egypt was a 1.3 cc and people thing that a 2.0L engine is big :lol: :lol: ). I love those cars and with to have one of them back again and start restoring it
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Bulldozer
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Bulldozer »

There is one parked next to ADCB close to your bank balck color
Life is too Short, nothing to argue about, specially with closed minded

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

There are few of them in Mussafah .. I saw a white convertable, the guy wanted AEd 15K for it .. Too expensive for a beetle with no spare parts and no AC in UAE ... I want one in Egypt ... Fully distroyed as I will change everything in it

Jo
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Jo »

Hi folks,

obviousley we all have reached an age where we start to glorify the old days. My beatle was a 1303 with 55 hp. Noisy, thirsty but mine (thats the only positiv). Too hot in summer and too cold in winter. Sometimes I felt like a submarine having just a small hole in the window to drive....

... I feel cold :lol:

Glory days, and I would like to have one to. Best a convertible :lol:

:hat:
The lunatics have taken over the asylum

ruspotin

Post by ruspotin »

have one in egypt. 1974, 1.3cc, german, blue ciel well maintained i still use it. However, selling is not an option :oops: . we have this car within family since 1980. vey reliable does not need water for cooling and very noisy :wink: .

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

ruspotin wrote:have one in egypt. 1974, 1.3cc, german, blue ciel well maintained i still use it. However, selling is not an option :oops: . we have this car within family since 1980. vey reliable does not need water for cooling and very noisy :wink: .
At Last somebody has spoken .........Hahahahaha.... we now know your weakness, Old Bettles.Yeah
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Well Mpenzi, Ruspotin have a Wrangler - Wild Fire Edition ... he told me that he is waiting for a trip that will have only 5 cars to join .. :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't you think that this is a joke in AD4x4 to have a trip with 5 cars only?

ruspotin

Post by ruspotin »

Weaknesss 8O 8O :nono: ........NEVER....

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

iguana wrote:Well Mpenzi, Ruspotin have a Wrangler - Wild Fire Edition ... he told me that he is waiting for a trip that will have only 5 cars to join .. :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't you think that this is a joke in AD4x4 to have a trip with 5 cars only?
NooooooooooooooooooooooWay. It always 10 cars or more. Our trips are always very popular.
He will wait for a long time for that
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

H3

Post by H3 »

iguana wrote:Well Mpenzi, Ruspotin have a Wrangler - Wild Fire Edition ... he told me that he is waiting for a trip that will have only 5 cars to join .. :lol: :lol: :lol: Don't you think that this is a joke in AD4x4 to have a trip with 5 cars only?
Now we are going off topic or is that called hijacking :?: re. the VW Beetle :newlol: We were 5 cars yesterday and man was it fun, I can see where the elusive ruspotin is coming from.

Back to the subject, yep the old vee dub beetles are a cool classic car and pretty simple to maintain for someone with moderate mechanical knowledge and a basic tool kit. Just dont tell the Wife I said that cos she is after one of the jelly mould new ones 8O

WildFire

Post by WildFire »

:angry: :wrongforum: :angry:

Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.