An After-trip Rescue

General announcements....
Hani

An After-trip Rescue

Post by Hani »

Everybody went out of the desert after Viking's birthday party, i went to Al Khatim gas station to inflate, then left to dubai without being very sure about the direction to take.
I was driving on a road that looked fairly normal to me; with few houses on the right and left hand-sides, a mosque and other buildings, but tarmac suddenly ended, i used the brake but the car slipped and fell down a vault 8-10 meters deep.
So far everyting was normal; i had an accident, the ubnormal started afterwards; the first thing i thought about was to call Xof who had already left the area, he sent me Mood and Viking's numbers, Mood was quite far in his nigt ride and also did not have a winch which was badly needed. So I called Viking who had already left but was still in the area, he came back for my rescue and called someone; this someone called someone else and so forth and in a matter of 30-40 minutes 7 or 8 AD4x4 offroaders were with me along with there families, cars, equipment winshes, straps and above all minds and hearts.
They all had to wait with me for the police to come and write the report before we attempt recoving the car for nealry 3 hours. Meanwhile, a full 2 othions plan was prepared to recover the car. In parallel to the serious work, an actual continuation of Viking's BDP and Andy's Farewell happened with plenty of funny chats and comments about the accident and whether it should be counted as the best stuck of the year or not.
I am writing here to say that when someone is with AD4x4 they should not worry neither during their trips nor afterwards, the members of this club are not only great off-roaders, they are great friends, responsible and sincere.
I am very proud being part of this club and i think we should all be.
Thank you Viking. Thank you Andy. Thank you JC. Thank you Mike. Thank you Lee. Thank you Ali. Thank you Suhail. Thank you everybody else.

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Re: An After-trip Rescue

Post by Wasabi »

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

This is :ad4x4: spirit
We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend

watheq
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by watheq »

GOOD WORDS HANI......
HOPE THAT U R OK.......
PROUD TO BE AD4X4 MARSHAL

SCORPIO
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SCORPIO »

110 % correct
YOU CAN NEVER SET OUT TO GET OUT FROM THIS LIFE ALIVE

Xtreme
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Xtreme »

Sorry about what happened Hani, but most important you are safe and arrived home safely.
All you said is true, we are one big family :ad4x4:
Keep this spirit guys, that's why :ad4x4: is the best.
You will never never Know, If You never never Go.
Xtreme (aka Rober Raouf)
Black Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 2005 3.0L with 2" Old Man Emu
Mob.: +971 50 811 9940

MarwanJeeper
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by MarwanJeeper »

we are always the Best

Great Thanxs to our Leaders Marshals :twisted: :twisted:

Nahhash
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Nahhash »

Hani, Thanks to God you are Ok as it looks the accident was not an easy one.

For the support, don't worry it's what you can expect always from AD4x4 freinds
MOHAMMAD

mike0967
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by mike0967 »

Hani,

for sure a night to remember for all of us who had the honor to help. Thank God you were safe and as most of us said, those who do not own a Prado yet are sincerely considering to buy one next :P I am glad to call myself the owner of one of those amazing vehicles, Toyota could not have done any better advertising than this one.

Sorry for not having a camera with me, but the pictures will stay in my heart.

All the best to you and hope to see you soon along ....

cheers Mike
// mike0967@ad4x4.com // Member #056 // BMW 118D //

Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal...

jc

Post by jc »

Hani It was my pleasure to help you my friend this is what we do :ad4x4:

Thank your lucky stars that you own a Prado :D :D. and you arrived home safe to your family

pseacraft
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by pseacraft »

Hani,
Oh my! Thank God you are alright and that many of the club members availed themselves in your time of need. The AD4x4 family is very special. I do hope that the wife doesn't not cause you more damage for hurting her Prado! So much for needed only new tires. Scary that Mood and I were talking about this kind of thing happening and knowing that many of the club members would reach out and help.

Glad you are ok!

The other,
Eric

Viking
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Viking »

Hani - as already said this is what we do and once again the winch showed to be a good investment :-)
After we found out that you were OK and the car quite OK as well the evening and night turned into quite a pleasant one. We had a nice chat waiting for the Saeed officer and when that was done it was pretty straightforward to get you out of there.

When I got your call I was almost out on the road on my way home and after locating you and saw the situation I decided to call for the cavalry. Mike was already heading home but said directly "Sure, I´m coming back". I then spoke to JC who was still at the BBQ and he said "We will be there in 10 minutes mate" and showed up with the gang.

Once again AD4x4 spirit shows and I am so happy that I was allowed to be on the rescuing end this time as last time I was the one using the spirit when my TJ refused to start at Marina Mall so it was "payback time" 8)

And sadly the accident happened after the trip ended and you were already heading home so I don´t think we will be able to let you take part in the competition of the best stuck. Otherwise the winner would already be clear.

AND Thanks to God you are OK - that is the most important thing.
// Eric The Viking
Back in Sweden with many good memories from AD4x4

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Hani, thanks God you are OK.

This is AD4x4 spirit .. Now always remember this .. You don't know when you will receive a call for help
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

Zero_adam

Post by Zero_adam »

mike0967 wrote:Hani,

for sure a night to remember for all of us who had the honor to help. Thank God you were safe and as most of us said, those who do not own a Prado yet are sincerely considering to buy one next :P I am glad to call myself the owner of one of those amazing vehicles, Toyota could not have done any better advertising than this one.

Sorry for not having a camera with me, but the pictures will stay in my heart.

All the best to you and hope to see you soon along ....

cheers Mike
Hany thanks good you came out of the so well and yes this is AD4X4 full of fun and full of responsibility also
Mike you are write the Prado is one of the best Toyota cars and I am browed I have one too and for the photos I have some but you know AD4x4 rooooools

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

Hani.... good you are ok...
As for the rescue,, I am not surprised , now you know what’s ad4x4 all about.... yes we are a true friends ,,,, the guys came to you rescue not because they happen to be in the area.. but trust me if you call asking for help at the middle of the nigh waking somebody up .. he will come to the rescue ...

thump up to all ad4x4 members.

Andy
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Andy »

Hani,

This is the club......, This is the family........, This is AD4x4 :ad4x4:

I am glad we could help, but I am even gladder that you are ok........ :D

So in 1 months time, when you get a call from me saying 'Hani, 'I have a flat tyre on the M25 in London', I will expect you to come and rescue me....... :twisted:

Take care my friend......

Andy..... :D