Thank you and Goodbye

General announcements....
Mac
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thank you and Goodbye

Post by Mac »

My dear friends.

7 years in AD has come to an end due to my ill health Gillian and I return to UK next week so that I can undergo prolonged health care.

In 2006, we joined this wonderful club and On my first trip i was driving a Land Rover Disco on a trip led by Abu Omar assisted by DiVeR who dragged the old Disco out of my first ever stuck.....lots since then!

A young Iguana came to see us all off on this trip from the ADNOC at the rear of UNB on Salam Street, funny what you remember.

I got stuck, the car broke down, but we were bitten by the AD 4x4 bug.

So many trips since then, so many memories where to begin. Night drive double roll overs in Musaffah. A huge 10 day trip through Oman to Salalah and back up the Oman coast to Turtle Beach in the Hummer. ANIT,s, accidents in the desert, my daughter burning her feet on hot BBQ coals and Iguana carrying her at the Hospital and up to our apartment...he was much younger then :mrgreen:

Iguana teaching me how to drive up a big dune. Khaiwi just teaching me how to drive in the sand.

Looking back over my cars. Wrangler x2, my beloved Hummer H3. 2 Disco,s, Jeep Cherokee, it is never the car but the driver that gets you through.

The old BBQ spots in Al Khatim . The 1st Abu Dhabi Adventure fun when people got stuck out in Liwa and had to sleep in the cars until daylight as it was too dangerous to continue. The air bags blowing up on the Hummer as it nearly rolled over in Liwa....remove the correct fuse!

Old friends who many of you will never have met, but who were the pioneers of this club and boy did we have fun exploring what are your now your playgrounds.

Camping on beaches in Musandam and Fujairah with frogs keeping us awake all night.

Snakes slipping under our dear old friend, now sadly deceased Halwa tent in Liwa.

Fights on the forum, fights in the sand, oh you have no idea of the early days!

I simply cannot mention everyone here who has helped me and Gillian over these past years the list would be too long, you know who you are and hopefully we share the same memories. I will never forget the memories or any of you.

It has been my honour to be a member of AD 4x4, a true honour to be a Marshal and a privilege to be a member of the SC.

One word of advice from an old hand........stop the infighting, enjoy the desert,encourage new members, and please support the SC and the Marshals who give so much of their time to make this club the success that it has become.
mac@ad4x4.com
Member #63
Overseas Marshal
Tynemouth.
UK.
+447875947350

Snappy
Advanced
Advanced

Thank you and Goodbye

Post by Snappy »

Mac I knew you very briefly but you passed your dune bug onto me through your little TJ. Wishing you good health and many more memories to come.
Mob: 0552899973

Current Wheels:

JKU Sahara 2014, 2.5" Mopar lift with Fox shocks, 1.18" wheel spacers, Sumo Springs Bump stops front and back, 285 x 70 x 17 Cooper AT3 tyres, 10th Anniversary Rubicon front bumper, truck lite LED head lights, LED spots and light bar, reinforced front Axle, AEV (Original!) Tyre carrier with 39l jerry can, Bestop Trex Top NX, mounted ARB single compressor and adorned with my lovely Warn 9.5CTi winch !

[/u][/color]

ZAK

Re: Thank you and Goodbye

Post by ZAK »

Hi Mac
Wish you all the best..good years past so so quickly..

Zak

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Thank you and Goodbye

Post by desert_hawk »

RESPECT, best of wishes.
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Abu Ghazi
Advanced
Advanced

Thank you and Goodbye

Post by Abu Ghazi »

Wish you all the best Mac, hope to hear your good news always.
Trips counter:
Old rules: ANIT (1+2 as assistant), Newbie (14), Intermediate (13) One Liwa,
New rules: ANIT (2 as assistant), Newbie (2), Intermediate (9), Advance (7) One Liwa
Trips led:
New rules: Newbie (0), Intermediate (5), Advance (0)

SCORPIO
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SCORPIO »

Best Wishes Mac
YOU CAN NEVER SET OUT TO GET OUT FROM THIS LIFE ALIVE

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

Mac .. You brought all the memories ... the nice old days when we were happy 80 members ... Driving everywhere, any time, night drives in Mussafah on Tuesday night ... Driving to Oman .. Camping on the beach ... staying in cheap hotels in Oman and Fujairah .... Little kids growing up infront of you .... ADAC first trip ... Exploring Liwa ... Exploring Sweihan ... Exploring Oman ... I still remember everything you said above.

I will miss my wise friend ... A man who is always ready to help ... and I always respect ...

All the best in your future ... Keep in touch, don't just go to UK and forget about us ... And hope to see you here again
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

MooD
Board Member
Board Member

Post by MooD »

Mac ..... We all met in the desert because of AD4x4 and you did a lot For the club

You remained me of my 1st trip ... Adiga was leading then It's game over to spend a week end in the city :twisted:

Weekly and some time twice a week in the desert .......3to4 days in Liwa for ADAC ..... Sharing is caring

I've joined the club as newbie and I've learned a lot from all marshels and you were one of them

Wishing you your family all the best ....

Ad4x4 is one big family and will stay
Are you Ready For Action with MooD.....

Off RoadIng Is An Art.........................
Banna ... You will be missed but never forgotten
Others & My Rights ……

MLC
Advanced
Advanced

Post by MLC »

All the very best Mac. Good luck and godspeed.

Keep in touch!
MLC (Mid-Life Crisis)
"Yusufi" Jeep Wrangler JK Tornado II '+'
050 8134105

Yehia
Board Member
Board Member

Post by Yehia »

Mac,
I will never forget my first trip with: you, Jo , iguana, Doc to Oman in my Ford Explorer and after that many other trips with bigger groups everywhere in my Jeep.
Best wishes
AD4X4
THE CLUB THAT CARES

Gladiator
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Gladiator »

All the best... Wish you and your family great life , health and happiness ... :D

Abdul Qadir
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abdul Qadir »

Good wishes

The way we see the problem is the problem.

9ball
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 9ball »

Was an honour drinving with you and knowing you, wish you the best. Cheers
Desnav team: Whassup? with Waqmaster and Triplod.
2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 4 doors for the dunes
Spidertrax lift kit, Old Man Emu suspension, Mopar Cold Air Intake, extra radiator for transmission, Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels, KC lights, more stuff to come.
2012 Mustang convertible for the highway and speeding tickets
Predator cues for the pool table (Samsara for play, BK2 for break, Air for jump, Predator case)
Black Belt in Karate
PADI Rescue Diver and Nitrox certified
Super hot wife, 3 cats: one weird looking Sphynx, one crazy fat Arabian Mau and one we are not sure about but not a whole lot smarter
nineballwizard on PS4 Call of Duty games

/l ,[_____],
l----L-OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

Proud to be Marshal with best club in UAE

mamoun
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mamoun »

All the best bro
+971509988737
Stock JKU

Wasabi
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by Wasabi »

What to say.......... i am sad to see you leaving :(
all the best my dear friend!!!!

Time to enjoy the Porche back home :mrgreen:
We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend