THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

General announcements....
desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

Re: THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

Post by desert_hawk »

@ Zayed, unfortunately I can't understand what google translate is producing, but I got your last statement, if you have any question, we can meet in any trip and happy to answer them all
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

Post by Dune_Phantom »

Hey the log book is a good way of keeping tract of my Stucks and pop outs. I guess I need to start cleaning up my skills to avoid those and start improving on things such as sweeping, bowl in and out etc to gain skills.

Once we achieve these for a number of trips, we can request the Marshall to assess and put for voting.

I hope I have understood this clearly.

My perspective, this is better as it provides challenges which you can immediately see from the previous pages. As the wise owl (or was it hawk)said, it's not the stars that make a driver. Its the driver that makes the stars. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D

akhateeb

THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

Post by akhateeb »

Mosalf wrote: ...and start improving on things such as sweeping, bowl in and out etc to gain skills...
Dear, those are not in the Intermediate level!!!

& that's exactly our point.. The levels were brought down too much, we still can get a very challenging trip without some of the advanced skills, but it will be much better if we get some taste of those skills in the intermediate as well...

Anyways, this is another discussion about levels.. What we were saying here is that we were participating actively dreaming to get into a bowl :D .. To get the fun of next levels and visit the dream land of Liwa :P

So this logbook & the hard cut off & reset sent us back a few weeks till we get all the required signatures & start nagging for upgrade considerations :D

The logbook concept is very great & needed, it is just that very few members are affected in the transition period.. After that everything will be great..

You can refer back to Zayed Ali famous thread when the new levels were announced in Sep & he got in a similar transitional situation.. He's now a very happy member :D .. It just needs time till we get out of this period..

But management could've made it much easier if they included a month back or at least allowed marshals who still remember the last few trips to sign for the members about those skills..

Again, it is just a matter of spending a few more weeks to get back on the track.. So here we are :)

We will always learn something new, & sharpen some skills in each & every trip, even ANITa ;) .. I got a very silly stuck & a pop out on a strait path (still no idea how happened) .. Then a nasty pop out in a bad spot that needed some advice on how to handle by Gladiator & Desert Hawk .. This is my 3rd one in the club so I'm surely getting knowledge on how to avoid & fix pop outs!

Well, you are lucky I'm on my mobile.. Otherwise I will fill pages & pages talking :P :D
Every man dies ... Not every man REALLY lives!
Ayman 0508144630
[*] Audi A6 for the lovely wife...
Total Trips since Sep 2012 : 54 Trips
Last updated: 25-NOV-2013

Zayed89

Post by Zayed89 »

desert_hawk wrote:@ Zayed, unfortunately I can't understand what google translate is producing, but I got your last statement, if you have any question, we can meet in any trip and happy to answer them all

hehehehehehe sorry my frinde ... :lol:

Zayed89 * * * * 0563316166 Luxes 2oo4

My name in Faceboock (( Zayed Al Ameer )) OR (( z077@hotmail.com ))

Abu Ghazi
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Abu Ghazi »

Well, guys regardless the changes of the levels, the upgrading system, with or without the log book there is one level which is always increasing in AD4x4 club which is the level of fun we are getting every weekend & nothing will change it. Although I am in advanced level, but I still find an ANIT trip very interesting.

Just enjoy ever moment in this wonderful club & leave all the unnecessary issues & HAVE FUN.
Trips counter:
Old rules: ANIT (1+2 as assistant), Newbie (14), Intermediate (13) One Liwa,
New rules: ANIT (2 as assistant), Newbie (2), Intermediate (9), Advance (7) One Liwa
Trips led:
New rules: Newbie (0), Intermediate (5), Advance (0)

desertfun

Post by desertfun »

Mosalf wrote:Hey the log book is a good way of keeping tract of my Stucks and pop outs.

Once we achieve these for a number of trips, we can request the Marshall to assess and put for voting.
Does the new system requires a minimum of stucks? :lol: :lol:
But seriously, it would be nice to include "self-recovery" as a category, perhaps something to consider when the next reprint comes along.
"No dude, your SUV is not a Jeep, and my Jeep is not a SUV!"
- - -
MOPAR Performance 2" Lift Kit with Bilstein Shocks - MOPAR Off-Road Front Bumper - MOPAR XD9000i Self-Recovery Winch - MOPAR Off-Road Oval Fog Lamps - MOPAR Off-Road Rear Bumper - MOPAR Off-Road Tire Carrier - MOPAR Steering and Swaybar Skid Plate - MOPAR 6.5" Round Off-Road Lights - MOPAR Rubber Floor Liner Kit - MOPAR Handle Grab - MOPAR Door Sill Guards - V-Cool window tinting - Garmin GPS 276C - Maxtrax sand ladder - 4.88 regear - Teraflex front axle sleeve - Detroit Truetrac front locker

desertfun

Post by desertfun »

akhateeb wrote: ... till we get all the required signatures & start nagging for upgrade considerations :D
I sincerely hope that the new system will eliminate the need to nag/beg for upgrades and that marshals do take the initiative to consider drivers who are ready for upgrades. The quality of driving should be the only factor, not the quality of begging. How about a simple rule: If you're ready, the marshal will inform you, so no more begging for upgrades, every time you ask means you're not ready yet and you get delayed one trip :lol: :lol:
- - -
MOPAR Performance 2" Lift Kit with Bilstein Shocks - MOPAR Off-Road Front Bumper - MOPAR XD9000i Self-Recovery Winch - MOPAR Off-Road Oval Fog Lamps - MOPAR Off-Road Rear Bumper - MOPAR Off-Road Tire Carrier - MOPAR Steering and Swaybar Skid Plate - MOPAR 6.5" Round Off-Road Lights - MOPAR Rubber Floor Liner Kit - MOPAR Handle Grab - MOPAR Door Sill Guards - V-Cool window tinting - Garmin GPS 276C - Maxtrax sand ladder - 4.88 regear - Teraflex front axle sleeve - Detroit Truetrac front locker

akhateeb

THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

Post by akhateeb »

desertfun wrote: I sincerely hope that the new system will eliminate the need to nag/beg for upgrades and that marshals do take the initiative to consider drivers who are ready for upgrades. The quality of driving should be the only factor, not the quality of begging. How about a simple rule: If you're ready, the marshal will inform you, so no more begging for upgrades, every time you ask means you're not ready yet and you get delayed one trip :lol: :lol:
Ahh.. That will never work.. People tend to nag, intentionally or not, whenever they want something really bad :)

It is a human nature :lol:
Ayman 0508144630

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

Post by iguana »

In the ild days we used to delay the upgrade of nagging member, and make one huge upgrade trip for the naggers ... The rule was, follow us and if you get stuck twice you will not be upgraded ... And we used to make sure that everybody get stuck at least 2 times if not more
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

SSS
Advanced
Advanced

Post by SSS »

desertfun wrote: Does the new system requires a minimum of stucks? :lol: :lol:
But seriously, it would be nice to include "self-recovery" as a category, perhaps something to consider when the next reprint comes along.
selfrecovery ... LIKE !
(actually above advanced most guys are too proud to request for a pull quickly ... :twisted: )
chafik the SilverSandSurfer
"The more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know."
THE THUNDER Status: http://www.ad4x4.com/club/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=15808

Colonel
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Colonel »

And we used to make sure that everybody get stuck at least 2 times if not more[/quote]

Well Iguana,
Thats very relieving :dash1:
Colonel
Ford F150 FX4
5.0 V8, rear diff lock, skid plates, 6 inch lift kit, 35" tires, full Roush exhaust system and more than 33.7 items on the wish-list...

desertfun

Post by desertfun »

iguana wrote:In the ild days we used to delay the upgrade of nagging member, and make one huge upgrade trip for the naggers ... The rule was, follow us and if you get stuck twice you will not be upgraded ... And we used to make sure that everybody get stuck at least 2 times if not more
:lol: :lol: :lol: That explains why marshals are the ones with the most stucks during newbie trips :lol: :lol: :lol:
- - -

akhateeb

THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

Post by akhateeb »

iguana wrote:In the ild days we used to delay the upgrade of nagging member, and make one huge upgrade trip for the naggers ... The rule was, follow us and if you get stuck twice you will not be upgraded ... And we used to make sure that everybody get stuck at least 2 times if not more
That's a fair fun! But wouldn't that dramatically raise the risks of flying & rollovers? You know.. Anything but not a 2nd stuck :D

& if a marshal gets 2 stucks he's downgraded ..
:twisted:
Ayman 0508144630

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

Post by desert_hawk »

akhateeb wrote:
That's a fair fun! But wouldn't that dramatically raise the risks of flying & rollovers? You know.. Anything but not a 2nd stuck :D

& if a marshal gets 2 stucks he's downgraded ..
:twisted:
@ Akhateeb: it was a joke :mrgreen:
I don't want to be downgraded :P
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Colonel
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Colonel »

But DH,

You only get stuck for the demonstration purpose, NO?
Thats what you always say...
Colonel
Ford F150 FX4
5.0 V8, rear diff lock, skid plates, 6 inch lift kit, 35" tires, full Roush exhaust system and more than 33.7 items on the wish-list...