THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

General announcements....
AD4x4
Marshal
Marshal

THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

Post by AD4x4 »

Dear Member,

We are pleased to introduce in the Club the AD4x4 Log Book, which is a new step toward an easier upgrade process and more professional assessment of each member skills.

The log book will include the following:
- information page about each member
- AD 4X4 Liability Statement
- AD 4x4 Rules
- Description of AD 4x4 Grades
- Upgrade qualification for each level / description of process
- Log pages for each trip.

It will allow you to:
- know what skills you need to be upgraded for each level,
- get a feed back from your marshals at the end of each trip when getting your trip signed
- to keep detailed records of all your trips.
- collect the sign off from the marshals
- when requirements completed, entitle you for the upgrade,

In addition to the above, the LOG BOOK will be used as AD 4x4 Membership proof (in correlation with your Driving license card) and will enable you to obtain discounts in our partners outlet upon presentation.

Of course, there will be a transition period, but note that the use of the log book starts with effect from 1st of February, and will be sold by the marshals / explorers during their trips for the amount of 100AED (including one club sticker).

The marshals will give you more details during the briefing of each trips and will help you to fill them your log books.

We trust you will enjoy this new step for a more efficient upgrade system keeping the same fun and safety for all of us.

:ad4x4:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ossme
Marshal
Marshal

Re: THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

Post by ossme »

An interesting move. :)
Proud to be Ad4x4 Marshal. :)

-V-
Marshal
Marshal

Post by -V- »

They are following this log book system in skydive Dubai to keep record of students' development.
Best of luck ad4x4

akhateeb

THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

Post by akhateeb »

I'm sure we will like it.. Transparent & clear upgrade path with "audited" entries :)

Unfortunately this means more work to our marshals :D everyone jumping on them after the trip for "Autographs" & feedback :P

.. A question though, can I chase the previous trip leaders to add the details for upgrade considerations? Or previous trips are counted without entries? Is there a cutoff date for this new process?
Every man dies ... Not every man REALLY lives!
Ayman 0508144630
[*] Audi A6 for the lovely wife...
Total Trips since Sep 2012 : 54 Trips
Last updated: 25-NOV-2013

akhateeb

THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

Post by akhateeb »

Ok, the cutoff date is 1st FEB, so the question is only about the previous trips..
Ayman 0508144630

Serge
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Serge »

akhateeb wrote:Ok, the cutoff date is 1st FEB, so the question is only about the previous trips..

No previous trips will be counted.

But its a reason to be more active and enjoy. Are we all there to drive? Or to get upgraded? ;)

Keep enjoying! And have a clear record of your trips from Feb 1st... make sure to always have your logbook on a trip.
Serge
Mobile: 055 222 71 70
Other Hobby: HAM Radio - A65BU

iguana
Founder & Chairman
Founder & Chairman

Post by iguana »

The upgrades are not based on number of trips, it's based on skills learned through out several trips .... So the previous history does not mean anything in the upgrade system.

For example one of the requirements of getting upgrade from Newbie to Intermediate is Basic recovery, this does not mean that you have done it once, it means that you can master basic recoveries ... This can be easily deomnistrated in your next trip, if the Marshal see that you are confident and know what you are doing, you will get this skill signed for you

It's a transition period, there will be some draw backs at the begening, I am requesting you all to assist us in making this tranition period smooth and easy
Men don't get older, toys get more expensive
islam.mantawi@hotmail.com

DesertDawg
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by DesertDawg »

Hi Iguana.

Great move! One question: where does one get the "trip number" from. Should each trip annoucement have a trip no. from now on?

Dave
Travelling in my truck...

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

hi dave, no this is your trip number... so it will start from 1 for an ANIT, or you can use your quantity of trip done up to now +1...

example: for khaiwi, his fist trip logged on the book, will be trip no. 303...
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

akhateeb

THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

Post by akhateeb »

Serge wrote:

But its a reason to be more active and enjoy. Are we all there to drive? Or to get upgraded? ;)

Keep enjoying! And have a clear record of your trips from Feb 1st... make sure to always have your logbook on a trip.
Well, we are here to drive.. & dying to get through the newbie & intermediate levels ASAP to join the advanced stuff... So clearing your history while you are joining every possible trip to get the skills & get upgraded to new levels of fun is not fun!

Anyways, I've seen the famous discussion about the recent change in levels, so I know this is just a shout in the space.. I just hope to get through this "transition" periods quick & smooth..

Thanks all for the replies..
Ayman 0508144630

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

Post by desert_hawk »

akhateeb wrote:
Serge wrote:

Well, we are here to drive.. & dying to get through the newbie & intermediate levels ASAP to join the advanced stuff... So clearing your history while you are joining every possible trip to get the skills & get upgraded to new levels of fun is not fun!

Anyways, I've seen the famous discussion about the recent change in levels, so I know this is just a shout in the space.. I just hope to get through this "transition" periods quick & smooth..

To echo what others has mentioned here and to answer you and others who contacted me and had similar views, In every new improvement plan or move, there is a transitional period, your previous record of trips although it will not count "officially" but your skills, which you own and doesn't necessarily relate to the no of trips you did or will do, do count.

If you have a good look at the log book, you will see that it's more about developing the right set of skills, it's more about quality and not quantity.

To give you an example, if you know how to do a recovery in a safe and smooth manner, and the marshal or explorer has seen you doing so now, and had seen you before, this will prove to him/her that you gained this skill and can easily sign it off for you in the log book; and it will indicate to the trip leader what skills he/she needs to train the members on during the trip to complete the required set of skills required.

As for the number of trips, as iguana and others mentioned, the minimum no of trips will entitles you for upgrade CONSIDERATION, but doesn't mean it entitles you for the upgrade, the no of trips is one indicator, and add to that the other required skills.

Believe me when I say this, and days will prove it to you, you and all the members will appreciate this development in our club as it will give a fair and unified chance for everyone to develop the right skills before moving to the next level, and will make a unified base for all the marshals to assess different members, this way if you go out with any marshal, he/she will assess you according to the same criteria.

History proves that we are all resistant to change by nature, this change has been well thought of for some time now, many similar examples in other activities has been studied thoroughly to produce this effort and I'm sure it will succeed and move AD4x4 to a new and different level.

The above are my personal views and understanding of the subject, any SC member can correct me if I missed or misinterpreted anything.
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

Xof
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Xof »

:roll: like
Xof ex marshal in China with a oo||||||oo accent

- no more toy... just an e-scooter to go to work :cry:

Dune_Phantom
Advanced
Advanced

THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

Post by Dune_Phantom »

desert_hawk wrote:
akhateeb wrote:
Serge wrote:

To echo what others has mentioned here and to answer you and others who contacted me and had similar views, In every new improvement plan or move, there is a transitional period, your previous record of trips although it will not count "officially" but your skills, which you own and doesn't necessarily relate to the no of trips you did or will do, do count.

If you have a good look at the log book, you will see that it's more about developing the right set of skills, it's more about quality and not quantity.

To give you an example, if you know how to do a recovery in a safe and smooth manner, and the marshal or explorer has seen you doing so now, and had seen you before, this will prove to him/her that you gained this skill and can easily sign it off for you in the log book; and it will indicate to the trip leader what skills he/she needs to train the members on during the trip to complete the required set of skills required.

As for the number of trips, as iguana and others mentioned, the minimum no of trips will entitles you for upgrade CONSIDERATION, but doesn't mean it entitles you for the upgrade, the no of trips is one indicator, and add to that the other required skills.

Believe me when I say this, and days will prove it to you, you and all the members will appreciate this development in our club as it will give a fair and unified chance for everyone to develop the right skills before moving to the next level, and will make a unified base for all the marshals to assess different members, this way if you go out with any marshal, he/she will assess you according to the same criteria.

History proves that we are all resistant to change by nature, this change has been well thought of for some time now, many similar examples in other activities has been studied thoroughly to produce this effort and I'm sure it will succeed and move AD4x4 to a new and different level.

The above are my personal views and understanding of the subject, any SC member can correct me if I missed or misinterpreted anything.
:lol: loud and clear :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Phantom - Ghost Who drives in the Dunes...:mrgreen: :D

desert_hawk
Advanced
Advanced

THE NEW AD 4x4 LOG BOOK

Post by desert_hawk »

Please also note that the log book is not mandatory to buy to participate in ANIT, Newbie trips or the trips in your current level, its your choice and it's simple benefits are (as mentioned above, enjoy the echo ;) )
1. As club ID to gain access to club discounts with different vendors
2. Regulate any future upgrade for all levels after its implementation

Don't think it's only for members, I got my logbook and I'm planning to record all my trips in it, it will be fun, lets see if I can finish the pages during 2013 ;)

Whatever you do, always remember that we go out to the desert to have FUN first, meet new and old friends, and learn also; "stars don't make the driver, the driver makes the stars"
FJCRUISER

Stars do not make a driver, the driver makes the stars.

Don't think how many moments in your life, just think how much life is there in a moment.

DesertDawg
Overseas Marshal
Overseas Marshal

Post by DesertDawg »

hi dave, no this is your trip number...
:oops: :oops: :oops:
Travelling in my truck...