GPS fun on 16 March

All reports about trips and events
Hiso
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Hiso »

ADIGA You are the winner. :Trophyad4x4:

Thanks Adiga, you are the real winner in today’s fun; once again you proved your creativity in organizing events with all the efforts you put along with Baha in the preparation to make a successful day.

This in addition to your sense of responsibility as a Marshal/ Safety officer and the great support I had from you today in towing JeepUAE for 22km till we reach safely Al Faya ADNOC.

Thanks Mallpat for the good day we had together and for your help; at least we almost completed five points and now we know how to benefit from our JPS. BTW, you missed one more punctured tyre incident (the spear one) in JeepUAE’s car after you left.

JeepUAE, although I know that it wasn’t your lucky day, but we have really enjoyed your company and benefited fro your experience in similar challenges; hope that you reached home in Dubai safely by now & waiting to hear from you.

Chief Khaiwi, sorry that me & my team (YAMAHA) were not there at the end point to receive the Trophy. Hehehehe may be next time.

Thank you all guys it was fun after all & wish to repeat it once again soooooooon (in a better weather).

adiga
Deputy Chairman & Co founder
Deputy Chairman & Co founder

Post by adiga »

First of all: Very BIG THANKS to Batal who help me from zero to the end. :thankyou:

It was suppose to be GPS fun only, But several challenges were there:- :lol:
Sand storm fun, Dunes fun, technical fun, solo driving fun. :oops:

Thanks to everybody, one by one, nobody bailed out because of the weather. :heart: :heart: :heart: I love you Guys,
this is the real fun. :bravo: :okaay:

Sorry coz I couldn't meet you at the end, :wink: I had to find an easy track for Hiso to tow JeepUAE after his water pump failure , we were at the tarmac at 15:30 at Al Faya ADNOC (22Km)

I don't know what else to write coz a lot of sand is still in my eyes. :raining:

See you Guys at the Dunes with other challenges.

And the Winner is......... :rockandroll:

Copy/paste
Last edited by adiga on Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Do for this life as if you live forever,
do for the afterlife as if you die tomorrow”

Chuck
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Chuck »

Many Many Thanks to Adiga ( and the other Guy in the Black Wrangler, sorry did not catch your Nick ) to give us help after our GREAT TEAM was falling behind due to certain reasons out of our control. :roll:

Many thanks especially to my Habibi kkamro, which did a perfect sweeping job ( the only who needs that service was me to be honest ) :D Without you Buddy my car would be still there in the middle of nowhere. :cry:

SillyWalks, you did amazingly good with your Horse Galloping thru all the heavy dunes like nothing. In the beginning i was afraid to lead you thru rough areas but you perfomed outstanding well. I believe it needs much more skills to go to desert with a stock car like yours and survive there than driving a modified like mine. You should be upgraded man!!!

My Buddy Cybershot was a perfect Co-Pilot as usual and took good care of the GPS. But yesterday he critisised me also several times of my bad performance. Yes you where right, it was not my day, sorry for that to all of you Guys.

I will miss it to have Tobias driving with me in Future because he will have from Sunday on HIS OWN WRANGLER IN BLACK AND ITS SUCH A BEAUTYFULL CAR AND I AM TOTALLY JEALOUS ABOUT IT !!! :D :D
Following Damages happend to me:
Front Towing Point badly bended and ready to fall off, Rear Towing Point ripped off complety, Rear bumper bended upwards, Trunk Door is not opening any more, Driver side Window is not opening any more, Electrical fan makes bad noice, Belt is slipping badly, my new Digital Cam ( Ixus 65 ) completly full of sand and broken now. :cry:

For all those which were not there yesterday watch this ( i made this before the camera gots damaged )

http://www.clipfish.de/player.php?video ... J8NDE4NjMy

Thanks to the organizers of that trip. It was something very very special and i will keep this one in memory.

Hey, what happened to my signature ??? :D :D
Image <br><br>Image<br>

Batal
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Batal »

First of all I would like to thank Adiga for all the effort he put in this fun to make so successful.

We’ve started in the early morning Adiga and me trying our best to fix the waypoint sheets to their formerly chosen location as well as meet all trip joint members at the gather point at or even before 10 o’clock., that itself was very challenging especially with extreme weather which we had that day, causing us some delays but not more than 15 minutes I guess.

The plan was that we sweep the whole groups and help and assist as much as possible and once we make sure every one is safely approaching the end point, we do our short cut drive to the end point before anyone and meet the arrival of every individual team and note down the leaders GPS and the vehicle odometers, but unfortunately the sand stuck and crested vehicles were tremendous which forced us to change our plan and stay back to carry out recovery , rescue and put on track services (for free of course). :angel:

As everybody mentioned before, the tough weather added a flavor the fun and turn it from newbie’s to severe run

Many thanks to all participant, sorry for those who couldn’t make to the end point.

Bye for now and see soon.

H3

Post by H3 »

Thanks to Adiga and AD4x4 for putting this trip together, great fun. Chico, well done on navigating us through the dunes, wish I could of been a bit more help with my GPS but couldn't figure it out. Best get the book out and read it I suppose. Mozi, as ever great driving with you and good to meet up with the rest of you guys in what can only be described as truly awfull weather conditions.

Doc
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Doc »

A big big big thanks to Adiga & Batal for arranging the weather to ensure that the GPS fun was the fun of the century.... the fun alone would have been great but with this weather it just made it better. We all appreciate the work and effort that went into arranging this and look forward to the next one!!! :D if you could arrange for SNOW during the next one that would be great.

also a big thank you to my team mates: Iromy and Mpenzi who both made the day great, excellent team work, great driving and fun to be with. As we said from the start "it's not about winning it's the taking part that counts” and we certainly took part. By the time I got home the Kids were driving me crazy as they had not been able to get out of the car all day due to the weather, they did however as always enjoy the drive.

So in summary:

A GREAT DAY OUT THAT COULD NEVER BE REPEATED :D :ad4x4:
Proud to be AD4x4 Marshal.......I'M BACK!

Landrover Defender 110, 2"Lift kit, Roof tent, Large Family
Driver with sense of humor.

Landrover Discovery 1, 4.10 gears ARB front and rear lockers Landrover central diff lock, Warn winch, 2"lift, Camel Cut rear doors, 33"BFG's insane driver, Rangerover 4.6l V8 engine.

Toyota Fortuner bog standard company car (boss wont let me take it to the desert!)

KTM250SX motorcross bike for them mental desert days when a car just isn't scary enouth.

Hiso
Advanced
Advanced

Post by Hiso »

Doc wrote: A GREAT DAY OUT THAT COULD NEVER BE REPEATED :D :ad4x4:
:iagree: :wink: :wink:
Grand Cherokee 96 with no modification .............. yet :twisted: :twisted:
HAISSAM 050- 611 4 223

abdalla
Explorer
Explorer

Post by abdalla »

wOoow Sounds like a GREAT DAY :D

am really happy for You guys .. WELLDONE ALL 8)

& ofcourse Thanks SO MUCH to adiga and Batal for thier great efforts :D

hope i can join one of these trips Soon ...

Desert Ghost
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Desert Ghost »

Adige and Batal, you guys did v. good job even though the weather was not helping at all and personally i did not enjoy the whole trip cuz u know i have the top out and sand was all inside my car.

but i like your dedication and thanx again for your effort guys.

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

Chuck wrote:Many Many Thanks to Adiga ( and the other Guy in the Black Wrangler, sorry did not catch your Nick ) to give us help after our GREAT TEAM was falling behind due to certain reasons out of our control. :roll:

Many thanks especially to my Habibi kkamro, which did a perfect sweeping job ( the only who needs that service was me to be honest ) :D Without you Buddy my car would be still there in the middle of nowhere. :cry:

SillyWalks, you did amazingly good with your Horse Galloping thru all the heavy dunes like nothing. In the beginning i was afraid to lead you thru rough areas but you perfomed outstanding well. I believe it needs much more skills to go to desert with a stock car like yours and survive there than driving a modified like mine. You should be upgraded man!!!

My Buddy Cybershot was a perfect Co-Pilot as usual and took good care of the GPS. But yesterday he critisised me also several times of my bad performance. Yes you where right, it was not my day, sorry for that to all of you Guys.

I will miss it to have Tobias driving with me in Future because he will have from Sunday on HIS OWN WRANGLER IN BLACK AND ITS SUCH A BEAUTYFULL CAR AND I AM TOTALLY JEALOUS ABOUT IT !!! :D :D
Following Damages happend to me:
Front Towing Point badly bended and ready to fall off, Rear Towing Point ripped off complety, Rear bumper bended upwards, Trunk Door is not opening any more, Driver side Window is not opening any more, Electrical fan makes bad noice, Belt is slipping badly, my new Digital Cam ( Ixus 65 ) completly full of sand and broken now. :cry:

For all those which were not there yesterday watch this ( i made this before the camera gots damaged )

http://www.clipfish.de/player.php?video ... J8NDE4NjMy

Thanks to the organizers of that trip. It was something very very special and i will keep this one in memory.

Hey, what happened to my signature ??? :D :D
Man it was hard with this sand storm, we had no walki talkies, which it made it much harder with no comuinications with our team;it was fun though, Thanks Adiga for taking the time and doing this, really appreciated but the weather was aginsed us.

Chuck my buddy you did good but sorry about your recovery points and other damages, please let me know if you need help in fixing these recovery points.

Sillywalks you did good also today.

We worked as team and i hope we learned something, man i got Zero stucks, i need new rope and new chackle pulling was fun guys.
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

XJ
Advanced
Advanced

Post by XJ »

Hey I just realized that this is my first 100 posts :mrgreen:

It is 100 now :party:

:yeppe:

:bday:
Khaldoun Amro

-OlllllllO-

Mpenzi

Post by Mpenzi »

Adige and Batal, What can i say GREAT fun and sorry to post this too late as my eyes where sore all night.

Great Fun and excellent drive loved it.

Let have another one sooooooon
Some cars are designed to be dress-up..still dressing mine mpenzi@ad4x4.com

jeepuae
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by jeepuae »

First of all I would thank our master mind Adiga & AD4x4 for putting this trip together. Special thanks for Hiso & Adiga for towing me all the way to safe place after the break down of jeep water pump, in addtion to two times tire puncture. Sure it was not my lucky day, but I had a lot of fun and it shows how real friends are.

Abo Omar
Marshal
Marshal

Post by Abo Omar »

v.well done guys ....in this extreme weather i can tell how challenging it was...
seems i missed a good challenging drive that day....
sorry i couldn't make it with u guys....
Bulldozer ,,, sorry man i was getting sick .. :oops: :cry:
Thanks for Adiga & Batal
Omar Kamel-Member # 007

GentleMan
Intermediate
Intermediate

Post by GentleMan »

Truly amazing fun. Very well organized. Skilled team members and wonderful team spirit of all members.

Yes! The WolfPack made it and reached the end point few minutes after the arrival of the marshal's team (Z1).

The WolfPack made it not because of TheWhiteWolf's leadership, nor my driving skills and if we put aside the heavy body of my car and the screaming 4200 engine which had limited our shortcuts to the targets and let us down for sometime. It was because of the consultation, the good advice and the team spirit. I will never forget Big Foot's encouraging words after I consult him about the root and climbing some dunes, silence for a while, then the walkie talkie signal comes carrying his words with full trust: "YES! Taleb! Go ahead" and WildFire commitment to continue until the end although he had the red check engine light turned on.

Thank you Adiga[/color], you truly deserve the :Trophyad4x4:, and Batal, I've met you in alkhatem Petrol Station and I didn't know till you left us that you were part of this well prepared fun. I forget to give you a hug and hot hand shake that you and adiga deserve. Thank you again both of you.

Road Runner, The Lost, Dude, Where's my Car, I told you we should take the other way, Z1 and YAMAHA, nice to meet you all and starving to meet you again soon.

Adiga, I (the leader of the WolfPack team) officially request you to kindly take into consideration the Big Foot record where I confess that I bear the full responsibility of our loss if it happened due to no odometer readings.

Regardless of whom is the winner, we had it. We had the FUN!
Previous Nickname:[TheWhiteWolf]<br>"Ain't no easy horses, but you gotta learn to ride!" <br>Taleb.